Possible future of the MC server

Which Plugin would you most like to see?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Syn

Yuh
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I recently joined the Minecraft side of AHG and talked to staff about the possible implementation of a Different mod than slimefun. I was told to bring it to the people who intend to play Minecraft and get a poll so here I am. Keep in mind this will not be the final conclusion on if it will actually be done, but player opinion will be a huge selling point for what the server becomes.

Advanced Enchantments: AdvancedEnchantments is the first Spigot Custom Enchants Plugin 1.17 that allows you to create custom enchantments. Custom enchants are integrated with enchantment table and anvil, Enchanter and Tinkerer. This plugin has over 400+ custom enchantments that do a wide variety of things and will also add a player market aspect for people looking to trade items associated with this mod. It also corresponds with MCMMO plugins List of base enchantments added

Slimefun 4: Slimefun is a plugin which aims to basically turn your Server into a modpack like FTB without installing a single mod. It offers everything you could possibly imagine. From Backpacks to Jetpacks to Andriod Automation...
If you own a server where your players are getting bored of simple vanilla survival then you will absolutely love this Plugin! It adds a whole new Layer of Survival to your Server by adding more than 400+ new Items and hours more of progression.

I would be lying to say I am unbiased because, I believe that Advanced Enchants not only has a much cleaner system in place but has the same amount to offer in a much less diluted way. Slimefun is tricky and takes actual research to understand. That to me makes it a far less appealing than the system AdvancedEnchantments uses to add gameplay and interest. Not to mention it makes 1.17 PVP a lot more interesting.

I HEAVILY encourage anyone interested to look at both plugins in the links listed above before casting their vote.

Syn

Yuh
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Any questions I am happy to answer please feel free to ask.

Dark Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I am being held hostage. If Advanced Enhancements does not win, Syn will DM me about it every hour for the rest of my life. Please save me.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
I like the advanced enchantments plugin, but having used slimefun for a while I'd say I like it more, especially magic items/armor. All in all I think it would depend what enchantments we would actually consider adding to the server

Syn

Yuh
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Why not both and make fun of the people playing with 4gb of ram on laptops
slimefun has a a lot of complex systems including an auto enchant/disenchanter that runs off power. It would be a major pain to bug test and implement both without major issues

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
VIP
Legacy
A big problem I’ve had with Slimefun is that I feel like it changes some of the fundamentals of how the game plays through, progresses, and the major goals you have in the game - something we shouldn’t be doing especially if this server is going to be our most played server. This server will be the first most join likely - our flagship server, it needs to be the foundation for everything else we do. People are going to join survival expecting to play survival and instead be playing essentially a vanilla modpack... Not what I feel most would want, especially players who haven’t played minecraft in a long time. Custom enchants feels more like a twist on an established feature in the game rather than trying to change the game into a different game altogether. Custom enchants also feel self-explanatory, I doubt anyone wants to pull up a wiki to play on minecraft, and if an older minecraft player joins missed a few updates - they now will have to look at the minecraft wiki and the slimefun wiki. To me that isn’t fun, and I think the player should have to do as little research as possible to enjoy the game. Additionally with slimefun, we would be constantly removing parts of it as we found out which could be abused or exploited. None of us really have experience with this basically new game, and I think that 'removing things as we go' with slimefun instead of just not using the plugin is unprofessional and will make people mad. Magic sucks dick and pushes away literally everyone who is new to the game, new to slimefun, or just wants to play on a normal server. Horrible for growth, plus causes a huge gap between old and new players as time in the server goes on, which also pushes people away. Enchantments you can just look at the enchantment and figure it out.

I am a minecraft purist, so I am super bias against things that add robots and machines and magic because to me that's a completely different game. And I assume most AHG players are at least a little rusty on Minecraft, so overwhelming them with a plugin most the staff don't even fully understand yet seems like a disaster. Maybe Slimefun is super common within the last year and I'm just out of the loop, but I've played 10 years, and making the flagship gamemode of a server network a very different game than the one they are used to or want to play, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Some kind of slimefun server could be a cool expansion in the future, but I don't have any faith that a slimefun server could hold up as the foundation of the network.

also...i found some lost mail in ballots from the factions poll....................i think it was rigged...we need a third recount.....the people were wrong........

Last edited:

Max

Supporter
Honestly, as long as the survival server (I don't care about creative/skybox, do what you want 100%) doesn't become what Tekkit was in the beginning where if a group reached nuke power they pretty much could grief/destroy/overpower everyone else and there's nothing anyone could do about it. (Granted, this is when I last seriously played minecraft back in 2012 so things have changed alot, so take what I say with a salt level of industrial accident at a morton salt facility)

As for mods, do whatever makes it easy for you guys to implement what you need, what you want and revert quickly without issues. You guys already have enough on your hands with other work you gotta do, make sure you can get the back-end stuff clean/organized so that takes as little time as possible.

• Informative
Reactions: Syn

White

3rd Color of the Rainbow
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Custom enchants feels more like a twist on an established feature in the game rather than trying to change the game into a different game altogether. Custom enchants also feel self-explanatory, I doubt anyone wants to pull up a wiki to play on minecraft, and if an older minecraft player joins missed a few updates - they now will have to look at the minecraft wiki and the slimefun wiki. To me that isn’t fun, and I think the player should have to do as little research as possible to enjoy the game.
I disagree with this but I see where you coming from. I loved my first playthrough of terraria because I had to look things up. When I was done gaming I just looked through the wiki for what I could do the next day and what I could craft. I have no idea how the wiki of slimefun looks but if it's detailed I don't mind having to look things up.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
VIP
Legacy
I disagree with this but I see where you coming from. I loved my first playthrough of terraria because I had to look things up. When I was done gaming I just looked through the wiki for what I could do the next day and what I could craft. I have no idea how the wiki of slimefun looks but if it's detailed I don't mind having to look things up.
I’d be interested to play a slimefun for a bit, and I get the same thing with terraria I do enjoy that overwhelmed feeling to some degree, but part of the reason I can’t play terraria for over a few days I think is because of the burnout that comes with the amount of stuff going on. I think it’d be a cool expansion but I don’t think it should be what we start with, I feel like the more basic the starting survival server is the better. The problem is since this is the first server we would kind of be forcing everyone to research the plugin. Some people won’t be bothered to. Most people just want a server to play with their friends right now I feel

Syn

Yuh
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I’d be interested to play a slimefun for a bit, and I get the same thing with terraria I do enjoy that overwhelmed feeling to some degree, but part of the reason I can’t play terraria for over a few days I think is because of the burnout that comes with the amount of stuff going on. I think it’d be a cool expansion but I don’t think it should be what we start with, I feel like the more basic the starting survival server is the better. The problem is since this is the first server we would kind of be forcing everyone to research the plugin. Some people won’t be bothered to. Most people just want a server to play with their friends right now I feel
Agreed

Virunas

Hey there sunshine
Prestigious
Legacy
A big problem I’ve had with Slimefun is that I feel like it changes some of the fundamentals of how the game plays through, progresses, and the major goals you have in the game - something we shouldn’t be doing especially if this server is going to be our most played server. This server will be the first most join likely - our flagship server, it needs to be the foundation for everything else we do. People are going to join survival expecting to play survival and instead be playing essentially a vanilla modpack... Not what I feel most would want, especially players who haven’t played minecraft in a long time. Custom enchants feels more like a twist on an established feature in the game rather than trying to change the game into a different game altogether. Custom enchants also feel self-explanatory, I doubt anyone wants to pull up a wiki to play on minecraft, and if an older minecraft player joins missed a few updates - they now will have to look at the minecraft wiki and the slimefun wiki. To me that isn’t fun, and I think the player should have to do as little research as possible to enjoy the game. Additionally with slimefun, we would be constantly removing parts of it as we found out which could be abused or exploited. None of us really have experience with this basically new game, and I think that 'removing things as we go' with slimefun instead of just not using the plugin is unprofessional and will make people mad. Magic sucks dick and pushes away literally everyone who is new to the game, new to slimefun, or just wants to play on a normal server. Horrible for growth, plus causes a huge gap between old and new players as time in the server goes on, which also pushes people away. Enchantments you can just look at the enchantment and figure it out.

I am a minecraft purist, so I am super bias against things that add robots and machines and magic because to me that's a completely different game. And I assume most AHG players are at least a little rusty on Minecraft, so overwhelming them with a plugin most the staff don't even fully understand yet seems like a disaster. Maybe Slimefun is super common within the last year and I'm just out of the loop, but I've played 10 years, and making the flagship gamemode of a server network a very different game than the one they are used to or want to play, you're shooting yourself in the foot. Some kind of slimefun server could be a cool expansion in the future, but I don't have any faith that a slimefun server could hold up as the foundation of the network.

also...i found some lost mail in ballots from the factions poll....................i think it was rigged...we need a third recount.....the people were wrong........
I agree with this 100%.
Also the server is for sure gonna die if we dont do factions with all the betrayal shit

Victoria

Your local trans queen
Legacy
Unfortunetly plain survival servers die pretty quickly. Slimefun will get boring because it requires a lot of XP to buy shit and it requires you to constantly check the wiki. Also the new players are going to get fucked by the end game players with jetpacks and robots that mine resources automatically.