Rejected Prop Battle Royale + Trying to Resolve AHG's Prop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
This is not a suggestion advocating Prop Killing.

After Hours Gaming TTT has an ongoing issue where a decent portion of the community sees propkilling as one of the main reasons as to why they come to the server, unfortunately, it does have a tendency to get repetitive and game ruining especially for new players. Having 2-3 rounds in a row ended early because someone missed their target or just thought it was okay to propkill you is never fun, and often results in you either going AFK waiting for your next 30 seconds of gameplay or altogether leaving the server to go play something else. I'll admit, I was a part of the problem at one point where I took any opportunity to propkill, but I do see now that it's a very one dimensional way to play TTT and can get repetitive for players on the receiving end of the barrel.

There is multiple conflicts that prevent this problem from being resolved however. Firstly, people that are propkill RDM'd often do not report (new players usually just leave, even if they do file a RDM report), secondly, even when a report is filed, the victims are shamed for filing an RDM report, usually resulting in the report being canceled/forgiven, or again, the victim just leaving ; this often allows propkill RDMers to propkill without any punishment, feeding the issue. The third conflict, there is a large portion of the community that only comes to AHG specifically so they can have fun propkilling. Lastly, when you are trying to play TTT normally, you often do not know whether or not you should kill propkillers because :

A.) They could be innocent, and you will lose karma.
B.) They could get mad you killed them, harass you, or otherwise leave.
C.) There is multiple people propkilling, and it is logically irrational to believe that all of those players are Traitors
D.) As an extension of the above, killing one propkiller for a traitorous act (killing with a prop) will often result in you being targeted by the other propkillers because you have now commited a traitorous act (killing propkiller that killed with prop)

When you do not kill those propkillers, you often have to watch as your inevitable 1 shot demise comes, and it stings when they turn out to be a traitor the entire time anyways. Damned if you kill, Damned if you don't.
The obvious answer to the issue is to stop complaining about the problem, but rather, take action on it. We need a compromise, so that TTT enjoyers may enjoy the game of TTT, but propkiller fans may still find release every once in a while.

This is where Prop Battle Royale comes in, the premise of the funround being exactly what it sounds like.

The mode will play out as a deathmatch, last man standing wins, most kills gets honorary mention/points. All players will be stripped of their weapons and instead be left with Coomer's Hands (or regular magneto sticks, doesn't really matter), Spectator prop punch should be amplified x10, and a deadzone should force players towards the center of the map so nobody camps in a closet and door spams. Not only will you be able to propkill during the round, but you will also be able to propkill in the afterlife allowing spectators to keep having fun and insure that the round does not take too long. The deadzone acts as an inhibitor to delaying and a cleanup for AFKs that spectator props are unable to get to, but is not necessary.

The funround will combine both the Lead Admin made funround of amplified spectator prop punch that players may remember from last winter event, and regular propkilling to isolate the unconventional gameplay to a single round, similar to the premise of the movie The Purge. For those regular rounds of TTT, well, just play TTT, and report the RDMs that you don't appreciate - nobody's forcing you to keep it or get someone slain, but you can use the report system to let someone know to knock it off.

1670696061052.png

Attachments

• 1670695915891.png
    1670695915891.png
    791.3 KB · Views: 2
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Not killing prop-killer: GBA
Killing prop-killer: Murderer

Damned if you do, damned if you dont

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Why is this formatted like a Wikipedia article

You don't need to link the word every time btw, just the first mention of the word (I write articles)

While the solution would satisfy those who like to propkill, it'd do the opposite for the ones that don't. A round of something you don't like and are guaranteed to die in if you don't know the meta sounds evil.. Spectator prop kill shit wouldn't be good either and would just lead to people getting angy

that's my take

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
While the solution would satisfy those who like to propkill, it'd do the opposite for the ones that don't. A round of something you don't like and are guaranteed to die in if you don't know the meta sounds evil.. Spectator prop kill shit wouldn't be good either and would just lead to people getting angy
that's why it's going to a be a specific funround that will happen only once in a while to break up the regular gameplay of TTT, it should isolate propkilling away from regular gameplay and give players an opportunity to go wild when it is the propkill round

Texas Red

Banned
bonks is kinda right

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Jiggu was the owner of a server called "EuroRP". In this server Crash and Flaco started experimenting with throwing props.

Jiggu found it funny to see Crash and Falco experiment and screw around with props so he allowed them to do this on his server. This went on for a while until a new admin appeared,

that guy was "Tommy Chromebolt", he was an admin on the server, got jealous and annoyed the two whenever Jiggu wasn't there. Falco and Crash discovered more and more methods, they found defense tactics, propsurfing, and propboosting.

For some reason Chromebolt hated the propkillers for messing around. he banned them whenever Jiggu was offline, but Jiggu was very kind and unbanned crash and Falco whenever they asked him. After a while Jiggu requested a script that made sure Crash and Falco wouldn't be banned by blocking the ban command on them, Falco made a script for Jiggu and it was installed on the server.

After this,Tommy Chromebolt updated the official version of the latest DarkRP and only changed the blacklist for props. He added the propkill props which were the locker, the blast door and the saw blade to it. it was successfully updated and these props were blocked on most servers, in reaction to this, Falco retreated in the darkness, and started making an update to DarkRP himself, the plan was to make an update that was so good it would completely out-shadow any before it, after 4 weeks it was finally finished, and became extremely popular.

After this, Falco and Crash began recruiting players to spread this new discovery, the first propkillers were Eagle, Rago and Worms, who later introduced Icepat to propkilling

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
Jiggu was the owner of a server called "EuroRP". In this server Crash and Flaco started experimenting with throwing props.

Jiggu found it funny to see Crash and Falco experiment and screw around with props so he allowed them to do this on his server. This went on for a while until a new admin appeared,

that guy was "Tommy Chromebolt", he was an admin on the server, got jealous and annoyed the two whenever Jiggu wasn't there. Falco and Crash discovered more and more methods, they found defense tactics, propsurfing, and propboosting.

For some reason Chromebolt hated the propkillers for messing around. he banned them whenever Jiggu was offline, but Jiggu was very kind and unbanned crash and Falco whenever they asked him. After a while Jiggu requested a script that made sure Crash and Falco wouldn't be banned by blocking the ban command on them, Falco made a script for Jiggu and it was installed on the server.

After this,Tommy Chromebolt updated the official version of the latest DarkRP and only changed the blacklist for props. He added the propkill props which were the locker, the blast door and the saw blade to it. it was successfully updated and these props were blocked on most servers, in reaction to this, Falco retreated in the darkness, and started making an update to DarkRP himself, the plan was to make an update that was so good it would completely out-shadow any before it, after 4 weeks it was finally finished, and became extremely popular.

After this, Falco and Crash began recruiting players to spread this new discovery, the first propkillers were Eagle, Rago and Worms, who later introduced Icepat to propkilling
Plagiarism

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
A round of something you don't like and are guaranteed to die in if you don't know the meta sounds evil.
Ever heard of man in the middle?

Everlong

VIP
I agree with this. I dislike propkill since people think they are absolved of RDM rules when they use it and get mad when you report them or actually try and fight back. Multiple people lied on reports from/against me since they were involved in propkill. I am not saying I hate propkill itself, I see it as a good weapon for traitors that don't have a good opening, but it should be treated as RDM when innos do it, since it is. Also, to Lunar's thing that it wouldn't be fun for people who don't like it, Flying Scoutsman and Bomb Rush exist. We tolerate them even though we hate them and they suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.