3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Reported Person's Username
J3kawesome​
Forum profile link or discord identifier
Not needed​
Explain the situation
His handling of the situation surrounding Ethan is unprofessional and it should've been handled and brought up to Ethan privately. It shouldn't have been made public. If he genuinely thought it should the report shouldn't have been locked instantly so the community could bring forth evidence. He also shouldn't have gathered every staff's name for the report especially not the names of all the moderators as that brings no value and it only adds to public shaming of Ethan.​
Overall with all of this evidence, we conclude that the community is not sustainable with Ethan as a Director. It is not just his inactivity, ineffectiveness, or belligerence, he has actively threatened our operations and credibility of the staff team. He is no longer the lead admin that he used to be because the power has gotten to him. We are calling for his resignation.

Here he speaks of Ethan being a threat to the credibility of the staff team, but J3kawesome's "expose" of Ethan made the staff team less credible to the public not Ethan.​
Ethan I just want to let you know the community still likes you :hugging:​
This is not a personal attack on J3kawesome, anyone harassing him will be taken very seriously and will be taken care of quickly.

Last edited:

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hi, I was the one who locked the thread. If you'd like to report me for that, you know how. Locking reports is standard protocol when we believe that a report has a high chance of irrelevant and/or disruptive posts.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Hi, I was the one who locked the thread. If you'd like to report me for that, you know how. Locking reports is standard protocol when we believe that a report has a high chance of irrelevant and/or disruptive posts.
It isn't about the thread being locked it's about the creation of that thread. A member of the community would make a thread like that not someone in a high position of the staff team. The report is about the professionalism of J3kawesome.

Last edited:

green county health dept

Legacy
Speaking as someone who witnessed the thread and created a separate discussion thread, what evidence could the general public even add towards such a staff fueled fire of passion and desire? I could of commented “haha, yes! Ethan threatened to eat my dog last summer and put him down like in the book old yeller” and gotten a funny spanking I guess. I don’t see any good coming from more grievances being aired out in a forum meant to be constructive, evidence based, and decisive.

Airing out their grievances was a bold and cock headed move to the public , but they aren’t censoring my sister kissing thread about pirates and why the captain might not be hitler. You are more than welcome to create a separate area of discussion for a different opinion and include your own evidence against this sister kissing post, hell I can whip up an image of inflammable picture of the staff team criticizing the fourth shrek movie if you need some evidence to make them look bad

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
I asked Sister kisser extraordina to respond to this report do not warn him :giggle:

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I asked Sister kisser extraordina to respond to this report do not warn him :giggle:
I don't like warning people for making constructive posts, but I am going to lock this thread for now.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I am just commenting to say that I have seen this report

Panda With a Gun

Good at video games
Legacy
I agree that taking this privately would have been the better route. Like I personally mentioned in my signature, that the "good ending" was that no one would have to resign and we could regroup as a group and move forward. I believed at the time we owed Jabba that much for leading the ship on keeping SGM alive. That being said me and a few others weren't aware of the intention to make this all public. Would we have been, I'm sure we would have edited our signatures accordingly or felt differently about it. That's all I'd like to bring up, that communication on this could've been done a bit better. I know I sure would have approached it a bit differently as I'm not all about public mutiny stuff lol.

As for the report itself, I don't believe that makes it any more valid. I think in the end, things worked out as good as they could have, and after seeing some things behind the scenes, as much as it hurts to say I think Jabba resigning is for the best. I believe everyone's feelings and approach to this are valid, I just believe it's worth bringing up communication could have been better. As again, I disagreed with the public approach despite that things worked out in the end.

I look forward to the future of AHG.

Tagging @helix as he wanted to speak on some of the miscommunication

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I agree that taking this privately would have been the better route. Like I personally mentioned in my signature, that the "good ending" was that no one would have to resign and we could regroup as a group and move forward. I believed at the time we owed Jabba that much for leading the ship on keeping SGM alive. That being said me and a few others weren't aware of the intention to make this all public. Would we have been, I'm sure we would have edited our signatures accordingly or felt differently about it. That's all I'd like to bring up, that communication on this could've been done a bit better. I know I sure would have approached it a bit differently as I'm not all about public mutiny stuff lol.

As for the report itself, I don't believe that makes it any more valid. I think in the end, things worked out as good as they could have, and after seeing some things behind the scenes, as much as it hurts to say I think Jabba resigning is for the best. I believe everyone's feelings and approach to this are valid, I just believe it's worth bringing up communication could have been better. As again, I disagreed with the public approach despite that things worked out in the end.

I look forward to the future of AHG.

Tagging @helix as he wanted to speak on some of the miscommunication

Yeah, I dropped the ball when talking to Panda and somehow left out it was going to be a major report. He was the first person I talked to specifically when it came to getting signatures for the report and I guess it just didn't come up. I do believe the others knew - in fact, it was a major part of our discussions. Panda may have been the only one who didn't know it going public was on the table-- but I'm not sure as I wasn't present for every conversation.

That being said, there were absolutely some disagreements on it going public (as reflected in some of the signatures in the report), as well as others who absolutely do agree that it should have gone public for multiple reasons. This is one of those things that I don't think anyone is ever going to agree that there is a "right way" to do it. Just a difference of approaches that would have probably led to the same outcome.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Alright, Starting off
should've been handled and brought up to Ethan privately
Over the past few months we have tried to bring up these problems to Ethan in one way or another, which can be seen within the report. The decision for this to be a public matter came out of those discussions where he refused to see any wrongdoing or make any attempt to see the other side of the argument.
it only adds to public shaming of Ethan
This report was not meant to be a shame fest for Ethan, but a place where we are airing our problems that have not been resolved with Ethan. The staff team signatures were gathered to show that me and @Swiffe. who created the report were not the only ones who had these problems with Ethan.
To comment on the people who were talking about not knowing the report was public, there were a few of us who went out to talk to members of the staff team. I know with the people I talked with which includes ( @AaWolly and his team, along with @RyanHighman ) were notified that the report was going to be public. I do apologize on the behalf of the others who went to talk to staff members and that short coming on communication.

Overall, In my process of creating the report of Ethan me and Swiffie weighed the idea of making it private or public and saw that it would be much better to be transparent with the community and to protect the members who signed the document knowing that all of the information was out in public and that they would not be able to be attacked due to their support of the report.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I'll keep this as brief as possible - I think people are exhausted with this whole situation and don't want to see it play out further.

On face value, any staff member reporting another staff member on the forums is unprofessional. However, after extensively considering a list of pros and cons of a public report over a private one, I agree with the decision to make the report public. Was it brutal? Yes, a bit. But it allowed everyone to understand the situation without having to rely on rumors and hearsay. If this were done in private, it's very possible that there'd be all sorts of rumors spreading, or that the situation would drag out for weeks. It might be tempting to only look at this through Ethan's perspective, but I'd encourage you to view it through the other perspective. Many people, several of which were friends with Ethan for quite a while, were so frustrated with him that they concluded that a public report was the best option. Those feelings also deserve to be acknowledged.

To the substance of the report, I believe the extreme circumstances of the report against Ethan justify its public release. If communication deteriorated so badly that people were either too scared to talk to Ethan or had just given up because they viewed him as being unwilling to accept any mistakes, then this was the only feasible option. Which is a big part of the reason why I gave the go-ahead to make the report public.

Invalid.

~Pierogi

Status
Not open for further replies.