Implemented Reduce Bloom on Deagle

Status
Not open for further replies.

eor

VIP
Legacy
The deagle feels like it has more bloom/spread than it should, shooting at anything that isn't point blank it feels incredibly inaccurate for a weapon that relies on precision. Personally I feel the deagle should share the same spread as the colt since the colt is easily the strongest secondary on the server.

2 clips for comparison - Colt 1 tapping an afk on the other side of the map with no issue ( https://streamable.com/3nnk6c / ignore the background sound)
Deagle failing to kill a player standing still while their entire head is within the gap of the crosshair ( https://streamable.com/65j8ei )

I can pull a few more clips of the deagle missing shots on players where the colt would have no issues, if needed.

please give the deagle the colt spread so i can stop dying inside every time i watch a shot miss when it shouldn't have it's killing me

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
I always wondered the purpose of the deagle with the m911 and python being a thing. I would be ok with it only being good for very close range if the other 1 hit pistols werent 1000% more accurate

• Agree
Reactions: eor

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
+1

^ ^

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
seems like there is 0 reason to use deag when the colt exists, should reduce bloom to make up for it +1

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
Big fan of this idea but don't make the deagle too easy like in css. while its useless with the other 1 hit pistols I wouldn't be a fan of it just 1 tapping across the map as I like the challenge of the deagle

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Big fan of this idea but don't make the deagle too easy like in css. while its useless with the other 1 hit pistols I wouldn't be a fan of it just 1 tapping across the map as I like the challenge of the deagle
^

eor

VIP
Legacy
I don't think this change would detract from the challenge of using the deagle too much, there aren't many players who routinely go for long range colt shots (which is probably the easiest pistol to use for cross map shots) because it becomes significantly harder the further out your target is. The deagle has the highest amount of recoil of the pistols (Remington might have more I'm not entirely sure) and a much slower fire rate, these 2 factors make fighting at longer ranges much harder, whereas the colt can be spammed without giving much thought of compensating for recoil at any range. I wouldn't be against a damage nerf though, so long as the HS multiplier is adjusted accordingly so we don't end up in a situation where the deagle won't 1 shot headshot body armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.