Gilbert

gilbert
Trial Moderator
VIP
Supporter
remove the channel

Everlong

VIP
Im guilty of the channel being like that lol, i did a meme dump that one day and @Pierogi was like, alright no more, so i want to apologize to the shitposters of the community
Honesty is the best policy!

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
I heavily support this suggestion, the acceptance of this suggestion is imperative to users being more active in the #memes channel!
As Jabba once said, we have to increase the meme output to really market the server

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Quality over quantity, my friend

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
what if someone was going to die so they were going to say their goodbyes but nazi mode didnt let them and we never knew they died

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
this is just opinion based. how's a cooldown supposed to make people post better memes. the nerve.
I didnt change it lol. Im all for reducing to 1-2 minutes

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
I’m not even on the discord but I think a 30 second slowdown is reasonable enough (if there even needs to be one).

Last edited:

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
I didnt change it lol. Im all for reducing to 1-2 minutes
if counting, a channel where it actually matters to people that the flow is throttled, can do with only a 5 second timer, then memes can be fine with the same. why have a memes channel if you don't want people using it

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
if counting, a channel where it actually matters to people that the flow is throttled, can do with only a 5 second timer, then memes can be fine with the same. why have a memes channel if you don't want people using it
Counting channel: 1 line per message, mutual understanding that you don't post another message until another user posts
Meme channel: many lines per message, many serial meme bombers that completely flood the channel and drown out other people's posts

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
Counting channel: 1 line per message, mutual understanding that you don't post another message until another user posts
Meme channel: many lines per message, many serial meme bombers that completely flood the channel and drown out other people's posts
yeah youre describing a meme channel. maybe have a rule about over posting the same memes?

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
Why do we even have a cooldown on a meme channel. I'll just post memes in shoutbox instead