Pending REMOVE GRAVEDIGGING

ABOLISH OR KEEP

• Total voters

Everlong

VIP
Honestly I think the rule is meant for people posting irrelevant things on old active threads. Kinda like a spam thing. I think we should either eliminate it and incorporate that part into the spam rule, or define gravedigging more specifically as a form of spam. A shitpost on a shitpost shouldn’t be warned regardless of how old it is. A relevant bump on a semi-old thread shouldn’t be warned for.

Sometimes a new thread can be made, rather than a bump, but that’s something staff have the power to do.

Unless someone is repetitively reviving old threads, we have tools to either lock or move posts into its own thread. That’s my opinion on this
obviously though, the definition got lost to time. if not even a lead admin can define it confidently, then its purpose is unclear and the rule is just badly made

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Honestly I think the rule is meant for people posting irrelevant things on old active threads. Kinda like a spam thing. I think we should either eliminate it and incorporate that part into the spam rule, or define gravedigging more specifically as a form of spam. A shitpost on a shitpost shouldn’t be warned regardless of how old it is. A relevant bump on a semi-old thread shouldn’t be warned for.

Sometimes a new thread can be made, rather than a bump, but that’s something staff have the power to do.

Unless someone is repetitively reviving old threads, we have tools to either lock or move posts into its own thread, and that’s what I’d like to see us do. That’s my opinion on this
I agree, I think if someone if going through like 6 posts that are a year old and just commenting on them just to spam they should be warned for grave digging, I don’t think one meme on a post should qualify as an entire warning point for grave digging.

Everlong

VIP
We should wards for people being off topic in all threads I think
I agree with that. Gravedigging should be more defined so that the mods actually know what it is. It should be an off topic thing like pauly said as that is a good idea. Sometimes it might be a good idea to revisit an old thread to prevent duplicates and also if it becomes relevant again, like how the Responsible Foreclosure thing got revived due to Chad shenanigans.