Implemented Remove specdm (hear me out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
A lot of people argues what kills pop. People say propkilling or strict rules, but it is specdm. Due to people playing the specdm and not talking. On sgm 12 people in spectator would have funny conversations goofs and giggles. Now on ahg it sounds dead. It was nice when someone did a funny play and the whole deathchat reacted. I see new players a lot try and join and speak to people but finds out no one is speaking and leaves. I understand some people don't like the speaking but that is what gmod is about mainly.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

roy

idk I just work here
VIP
Legacy
hi it’s me I support this

Ajaycent

Prestigious
VIP
I know this is an issue on other servers, but does SpecDM fuck over hitreg here?
I also know that SpecDM players can interfere with certain grenades

Boogie Bomb moment

Trash San

VIP
Legacy
+2 because I'm legacy

True my parents told me I need friends, and I'm looking for people to talk to, this might motivate me and other people to fix their mics and talk and be more social :D

A lot of what helped Sgm grow so big were the players rather than the game itself, lots of fun and iconic people that made it worth it lose a few hours of sleep to play with, ahg seems to be struggling with getting new players and having them stay, could be due to how silent and boring really it gets at certain times, where everything is just silent and you only hear the sound of your keys being pressed

With dm more people are focused on that rather than paying attention to the round and could miss out on some real funny or cool moments

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
I know this is an issue on other servers, but does SpecDM fuck over hitreg here?
I also know that SpecDM players can interfere with certain grenades

Boogie Bomb moment

I didnt wanna make that argument with no proof but it feels like it does fuck with hitreg

Ajaycent

Prestigious
VIP
I didnt wanna make that argument with no proof but it feels like it does fuck with hitreg
I mean realistically speaking there are soo many reasons or causes as to why hitreg is fucking up, hell it can even be the hitreg system itself they've chosen for the server that could be crap on it's own. There are way to many things that can alter the hitreg and the game being almost 17 years old doesn't help with it's extreme ancient engine that thankfully will be fixed in S&Box. At the moment it's virtually impossible to fix every issue hurting hitreg it's just not possible on a modded server. However you can nullify some of the damage or pinpoint some the easiest causes to remove that fucks with hitreg.

SpecDM and I have previous experiences with SpecDM causing major issues on other server has indeed on this server hurt the hitreg. I've personally noticed hitreg being completely fine at the beginning of a match when no-one is dead dead or in spectator but once people start participating in SpecDM and relaying more information to and from the server it's start to get worse especially on a higher pop day.
since it's two worlds shooting guns, respawning, fighting and all of that jazz. The game is trying to register two "servers" at the same time and is trying to make it register shots as smooth as possible with it gimping up along the way since the game engine is outdated as fuck and the hitreg can only do so much with alot of downloaded custom content on the server. Hell with certain grenades (Boogie Bomb moment) not activating or activating on a SpecDM player.

I would say let's temporarily remove SpecDM to see if it's fucking with the hitreg that bad so it's killing two birds with one stone as people want it removed to bring back more social experiences which I agree, Garry's Mod is a social party game it lives and dies on socialization

Status
Not open for further replies.