Rejected Remove ttt_nuclear_power from rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam The Fluffy One

Banned
VIP
Supporter
This map is simply too big and makes traitor infuriating as there are tons of nooks and crannys that even with a radar can be hard to find
It's so big to the point I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for an rp server

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Though it is a large map many people tend to concentrate in the major areas like the "foyer" and conjoining offices. I do not see much delay on the map and getting to know the map is part of the experience as it is with every map.

Also, it is important to have a mix of a few large maps along with the small maps to balance out gameplay and provide a diverse environment to play in. Plus I just like the map a lot

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
This map is simply too big and makes traitor infuriating as there are tons of nooks and crannys that even with a radar can be hard to find
It's so big to the point I wouldn't be surprised if it was used for an rp server
The maps not that big honestly unless someone is running away from you and delaying its easy to find people with radar and after a few rounds of it its pretty easy to get the layout and not get lost on it

interloper

VIP
Though it is a large map many people tend to concentrate in the major areas like the "foyer" and conjoining offices. I do not see much delay on the map and getting to know the map is part of the experience as it is with every map.

Also, it is important to have a mix of a few large maps along with the small maps to balance out gameplay and provide a diverse environment to play in. Plus I just like the map a lot
"is it foyer or foyay?"

git guud btw

The Memelord

VIP
Legacy
Naw you can't just remove the best map from rotation just like that. The map may be large, but that doesn't really make it hard to traverse, the inclusion of teleporters and numerous landmarks help to make every part of the map recognizable and easily to travel to, compared to maps like waterworld or lazertag, which don't really have any landmarks or quick-travel options. The only part of the map that I could see as a hassle to travel through is the pipe system connecting the control room and the lower level, but no one really uses those to much. And besides, as people have already pointed out, people tend to stay in the lobby anyway, whether it be to propkill or to see the map easter egg when it is completed.

However, I have noticed that there are some things missing from the map, probably due to Optimal not being able to incorporate them correctly (The tester not changing playermodel colors to verify their roles, the ladders in the elevator shafts not fitting through the platforms, the lack of the fun little barrel contraption in the laser room, etc.) If anything, I think it would be nice to have those things back, as the map in its current state seems a tad unfinished. I mean this as no slight to Optimal, but I'm sure Matt2468, the creator of the map, would be willing to help, considering he has played on SGM in the past, and I'm pretty sure he helped out incorporating the map into SGM in the first place.

Sorry I'm rambling I'm at work doing nothing.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
It still does this, or it did when I played it last night
It doesn't with certain playermodels is probably what he is talking about but I think that has nothing to do with optimal

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Naw you can't just remove the best map from rotation just like that. The map may be large, but that doesn't really make it hard to traverse, the inclusion of teleporters and numerous landmarks help to make every part of the map recognizable and easily to travel to, compared to maps like waterworld or lazertag, which don't really have any landmarks or quick-travel options. The only part of the map that I could see as a hassle to travel through is the pipe system connecting the control room and the lower level, but no one really uses those to much. And besides, as people have already pointed out, people tend to stay in the lobby anyway, whether it be to propkill or to see the map easter egg when it is completed.

However, I have noticed that there are some things missing from the map, probably due to Optimal not being able to incorporate them correctly (The tester not changing playermodel colors to verify their roles, the ladders in the elevator shafts not fitting through the platforms, the lack of the fun little barrel contraption in the laser room, etc.) If anything, I think it would be nice to have those things back, as the map in its current state seems a tad unfinished. I mean this as no slight to Optimal, but I'm sure Matt2468, the creator of the map, would be willing to help, considering he has played on SGM in the past, and I'm pretty sure he helped out incorporating the map into SGM in the first place.

There also used to be pipes on the wall to the left and right of the main entrance that you could jump on. I used to sit there and wait for traitors to kill afks. This must be an old version of the map.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
also, get nuclear power removed and i will remove you

xoxo

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
lol, sgm crowd would be all over this thread.

let me clear up some things. the map ran poorly, and the file size was huge (OG 299mb -> AHG 117mb). this will explain my removal of some props, which reduces file size as well as increasing FPS.

1. elevator shafts - accidentally made the ladders too thick, and will be fixed in the next update.
2. barrel contraption in the laser room - probably due to me removing some props/map geometry to increase FPS. could you DM me on Discord some screenshots of the original room you're talking about, or make a new bug report for TTT?
3. the color not working for tester/fidget spinner color - this is due to the fact that the map was obfuscated by the original creator (Matt2468), he probably wouldn't agree with what I have done with the map. obfuscation makes it so that people who want to see others hard work and use it, can't. this map was poorly obfuscated, so most of it remains intact, however these 2 things appear to be missing. will be fixed with the next update, if I can get it to work.
4. pipes on the wall - due to me removing some props/map geometry to increase FPS. (kinda cring benjamin)

thanks to anybody who reached out to tell me that something is broken. I encourage everyone to make more bug reports on maps. think of making a TTT map bug report, as making a bug report/suggestion for TTT. maps can be expanded upon, tweaked, and removed. it is up to the players, and their vote, to decide what gets added/removed.

Pingu

VIP
Supporter
I get some of you may like it but yall should really take note of the player count before and after you switch to that map, I'd be surprised if it was ever consistently positive. It's a maze to even me still and I've been playing it on and off for years. I can't imagine new players having a fun time trying to traverse it. There's nothing wrong with certain people liking and wanting to keep it for the easter egg, but if your goal is anything related to player pop it might be one of the worst maps to draw in new players or keep current ones. I know I personally just switch over to [another popular ttt community] when I see that as the current map as the gameplay is just so dull it seems like rp sometimes. The easter egg gets old but that's just me.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
-1000. If people use the keycard as traitors to push to the nuke site it's a lot more fun. You can't tell who is actually on your side when defending from the site. It changes the objective required to win in a way but it still keeps the social deduction part of the game. Also I know the map like the back of my hand at this point because you get used to it if you leave spawn often lmao
For the love of god please keep the map, and I'm surprised no one has contacted Matt2468.

Status
Not open for further replies.