Death​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:175275484​
Reported Person's IGN
Cloudia and Nuclear Onion​
Reported Person's SteamID
STEAM_0:0:177573924 and STEAM_0:1:53626317​
Explain the situation
Neglected my report for two maps while they could've been doing something. They ignored my messages as well, only j3kawesome did something after he hopped on the next map and was already dealing with some other issues (metagamers). Cloudia proceeded to blame the trial mod, Nuclear Onion, for not handling the report even though she is at fault as well for not making sure he was on task. The report went to WvW after 2 map rotations since they were lazy.​

Last edited:

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hey Death,

Thanks for taking the time to report. Tagging @Cloudia and @Bubonic to respond. As Nuclear Onion is a new part of our volunteer staff team and is currently in trial, they're good unless they have further evidence to provide.

I want to again reiterate that our staff team are volunteers and as such, I ask that you remain patient while your report is handled. If you have interest in helping out on our volunteer staff team you may find more information at the following link: Staff Application Guide

Jennie

Cute Bunny UwU
Senior Moderator
Prestigious
Legacy
I've seen this report, and I'll answer. The report was about a KOS being called on you and you being killed for it. Though, It's unclear whether or not what happened as we were focused on what was going on with a couple metagamers which were banned later following map. I wasn't going to handle the report at first directly, but It was clear, given what happened, that we were unable to determine when a kos was called upon you. That is why it went wvw in the first place. I consider it a failure that we weren't able to get your report right away, and I had to explain to you what happened. I only said it was Nuclear Onion because I was truthful about what happened. It's a critical lesson for a trial to record what happened and determine when a course of events happened. With that being said, it doesn't excuse any of us because we got tunnel-visioned on two people that were metagaming. There's also one thing I should add, OBS didn't record when I thought it did. So anything that might have happened aren't on my end.

Last edited:

Bubonic

VIP
Legacy
Hello Death, sorry it took this long for me to get to this report as I have been dealing with a bit of IRL chaos the last couple of weeks. Thank you for the report as it gives us a chance to better ourselves and the staff team as a whole.

I see a couple of small deficiencies here that I will jump straight to addressing:

1. Reports being left for multiple maps without being handled

I will iterate to Cloudia the importance of checking the status of reports at least every couple of rounds, especially when they are training a trial who may fall behind, forget they need to handle reports, or are just overloaded. It is also important for staff to be checking the reports on round 5 and/or 6 ensuring there aren't any reports that need evidence gathering before map change.

2. Your admin chat messages going unanswered

This is another one where Cloudia could have done better but I will say that I've mistakenly ignored admin chat messages for multiple rounds due to going AFK or being focused on damagelogs/other chaos going on leading to me just not seeing them. All staff should be looking back in the chat every once in a while to see if they have missed any admin messages while busy and make an effort to handle the concern or quickly explain they are handling another situation but yours is not forgotten.

3. Chaotic server with the trial falling behind and staff overloaded/hyperfocused on dealing with metagaming/other priority concerns

This is going to happen and I do not fault Cloudia at all for it, nor do I think she was being lazy as you put it. Only thing she should have done differently is putting in a staff request or asking for help in our staff needed channel.

4. Lack of recording/evidence gathering on Cloudia's part

Staff should be gathering all evidence for reports they handle, including reports being initially overseen by a trial mod. In the end it is the responsibility for the staff member closing the report to have gathered any evidence for it including any available proof of a KOS. I will make sure Cloudia understands this and figures out their OBS setup to avoid any loss of evidence in the future. This is especially important since there was metagaming going on unrelated to your report that should've triggered Cloudia into verifying OBS was properly recording at the time.

I'll be marking this report as Valid and will have a discussion with Cloudia on how she could do better to avoid this happening in the future. I do not see the need for any other corrective action at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.