Your SteamID
not relevant​
Reported Person's IGN
MyDimeIsUp​
Reported Person's SteamID
idk you can figure it out​
Explain the situation
Used a word that is defined as a slur in the shoutbox.​
Context is irrelevant, you can never use the transvestite shorthand slur, it is degrading and demeaning to transgender people everyone.​
This is supposed to be a LGBTQIA+ friendly community. You need to do better.​
mzSQMzw.png
I had to blur this harassment out, but it is in the shoutbox for you to view.​

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Colloquial term for transmission we say without even thinking it's "offensive". 95% of mechanics and people who work on cars say that instead of transmission. Google is your friend

Full message
m2eh8Xr.png

P.S. Edit: I also didn't say this to instigate you. I literally have been saying this since the day I've worked on cars. Refer to forum posts I've made awhile ago: https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...time-fluid?p=14235602&viewfull=1#post14235602 and https://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/687598-ZF8-Transmission-NOT-Lifetime-fluid

Last edited:

Wolly

Vanilla is more your speed.
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Moving to the correct player reports thread. (Discord, not TTT)

LegendaryRyan

Legacy
Moving to the correct player reports thread. (Discord, not TTT)
Thank you Wolly!

Colloquial term for transmission we say without even thinking it's "offensive". 95% of mechanics and people who work on cars say that instead of transmission. Google is your friend

Full message
m2eh8Xr.png
I am aware of this. But are you aware of the fact that this word is explicitly banned on this community? As a developer and moderator, you should be aware of this. The context of use does not matter, I've actually been warned a few times for saying a shorthand word for raccoon that's fairly commonly used where I live, even in context, the word is not allowed because it is extremely degrading to the black community. This word is no different Dime. You are not only a moderator, but you are a Developer too. You are one of the pillars of this community, we should all expect better from you.

In case you did not know what the full list of slurs is, here is a link to read it in the discord. https://discord.com/channels/834625272829575169/834662995472416798/848671099050393620

I really hope you learn from this mistake, and do not repeat it again, as you already have 4 times. We've had this discussion before, you should know better by now.

Klutch

always down horrifically bad
Legacy
Posting irrelevant information in reports or appeals
Can you stop being a cunt for once in your life

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hey @Sticky Bandit ,

Before we proceed with this report I just want to ask you briefly-- what is the purpose of this report?

Wasrady

Legacy
User was warned for Posting Irrelevant Information in Appeals/Reports
Making a whole ass report for something that could/should be handled within shoutbox or even staff DMs , this seems more like an immature condescending fit for a revenge fetish more than anything.

LegendaryRyan

Legacy
Hey @Sticky Bandit ,

Before we proceed with this report I just want to ask you briefly-- what is the purpose of this report?
I just want to make sure it’s clear to everybody on the rules, I’m not looking to get anybody in any real trouble, I just want to make sure the rules are being applied equally to everyone.

I’ve been warned a few times for saying a shorthand word for raccoon in the context of talking about actual raccoons, and I think I’ve said the same thing that Dime said before and maybe got warned for that too?

If the rules are context doesn’t matter, then it needs to be made 100% clear to the staff so they don’t use a bad word. If the rules were updated to allow these things in proper context, that would be even better but it is quite easy to just troll that way.

ori with a gun

just vibin
Legacy
Probably gonna get a warning for this, just saying if we’re punishing for the alternate use of the f slur, this should probably due to consistency also receive a warning, however considering many say the alternate form of the f slur as an attempt to loophole, and considering the context here, I don’t think Dime should be punished but maybe be a bit more careful? idk this probably could have gotten a quick DM instead of a report but I think it’s important to bring up that situation in the decision, but yeah whatever I guess idk

Aidan

Expert Member
Probably gonna get a warning for this, just saying if we’re punishing for the alternate use of the f slur, this should probably due to consistency also receive a warning, however considering many say the alternate form of the f slur as an attempt to loophole, and considering the context here, I don’t think Dime should be punished but maybe be a bit more careful? idk this probably could have gotten a quick DM instead of a report but I think it’s important to bring up that situation in the decision, but yeah whatever I guess idk
I agree even though it wasn't intended as a slur it should be a warning still.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Lame report. I'd expect someone so concerned over LGBT issues to know better than to use "transvestite" and "transgender" interchangeably, but here we are. This report is so laughably over the top that I'm inclined to just deny it right off the bat. The only reason I won't do that is because our best and brightest slur loophole scientists would see it as a green light to invent some creative new protoypes.

Yes, no member of the community should be using words on our no-no list. I have spoken to Dime about it to ensure he understands this. However, what Dime did was certainly not harassment, as you have claimed in the report. Why? Because harassment requires a target. Transgender people are not typically integrated into the engine system of a vehicle, and do not come in 5-speed and 6-speed configurations (at least as far as I'm aware). Everyone else in shoutbox was able to use context clues to realize that Dime's words were not directed at a user or intended to be used as hate speech.

With regards to your warnings for using the #7, I'll let your warning history speak for itself.
1638063901415.png
Your first warning for using/loopholing that word was on the day of the slurs list drama, so we both know that you knew what you were doing there.

Conclusion
A mistake was made, but it was not sufficiently bad-faithed or negligent to warrant further action. We were doing so well without SGM's neurotic obsession with getting that little green rectangle next to a forum report, and I think we should keep it that way. Our moderation team has been pretty good about not pouncing at people's throats for minor mistakes, but that's only possible if it's a two way street and players aren't scrambling to get valid reports for the smallest slight. Going forward, reports will either be valid, invalid, or concluded. "Concluded" tags will be given to either mildly valid reports that don't warrant action (e.g. this one), or reports against multiple people that are only valid against some of the reported people.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to DM me on the forums.
~Pierogi

Status
Not open for further replies.