ParkRangerMoon​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:46314455​
Reported Person's IGN
[MZK]Lightning​
Reported Person's SteamID
STEAM_0:1:32685044​
Explain the situation
Lightning has a... history on this server. Any perceived slight, accidental damage, minor transgression, leads to what is commonly known as the wrath of Lightning. You can even see examples of his righteous wrath on this report forum, where he has gone so far as to report people at 3am for individual rdms. All of this going so far as to be warned multiple times for "backseat moderating." We all have jokes or memes of Lightning demanding a slay on someone because a barrel grazed him for 1 damage. But if we are being honest, there is no other word for this but toxicity.​
Now, damage logs are kind of busted. Falsely attributing players who damaged or damage values is common. Today I faced the wrath of Lightning and was forced to serve a slay for this:​
And here is the associated log:​
[03:12] ParkRangerMoon (SPECTATOR) [innocent] has damaged [MZK]Lightning [detective] for 10 HP with models/props_c17/o​
Of course, this is just one example of Lightnings wrath, but it definitely didn't deserve a slay, and we definitely have a hoard of examples of this from Lightning even when it isn't as intentional as following someone as a prop. It just might be time to address Lightning's toxic behavior.​
EDIT: The full round.​

Last edited:

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Tagging @Lightning for his response.

For the record, I will say that I did notice this same behavior and have chewed him out explained the effects of this behavior on the server.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Posting Irrelevant Information in Appeals/Reports
LEAVE MY BOY LIGHTNING ALONE HE DUN NUTHIN WRONG!

Ted

The cuddly bear
Prestigious
Do not post on reports that you're not involved in.
Imma wanna backseat this one :cool:

Just wanna point out the following things:
Any perceived slight, accidental damage, minor transgression, leads to what is commonly known as the wrath of Lightning.
Lightning is by far the only one who does this, we just see more of lightnings behaviour and we have seen it since the bullying and targetting started back when he was staff.

You can even see examples of his righteous wrath on this report forum, where he has gone so far as to report people at 3am for individual rdms.
In the report rules there is nothing refraining people from reporting other people for 1 report.

But if we are being honest, there is no other word for this but toxicity.
To be quite frank there is not another word for it, cause he is in his right to report people who damage him, either willing or accidental.

Today I faced the wrath of Lightning and was forced to serve a slay for this:
You got slain because you damaged a player seen in the 7 second clip you have posted yourself. If my eyes are correct I can see you go for him 2 times at least, a third one just getting short of the time limit on your video. I would love to see what happened before and after this, because it looks a lot like you were prop pushing him on purpose and trying to do it multiple times.

And there is another word for this behaviour: Toxic

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
Do not post on reports that you're not involved in.
Mods don't warn me this is important information.

Lightnings done this since I first joined the server over 2 years ago. This is just his thing, man. It ain't new. He's been discouraged from it, but if it was *really* that big of an issue we'd just ignore his reports.

Maybe just don't random crowbar hit smh...

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
Mods don't warn me this is important information.

Lightnings done this since I first joined the server over 2 years ago. This is just his thing, man. It ain't new. He's been discouraged from it, but if it was *really* that big of an issue we'd just ignore his reports.

Maybe just don't random crowbar hit smh...
His “thing” is reporting for everything, and then very publicly arguing with staff if the report doesn’t go his way.

Imma wanna backseat this one :cool:

Just wanna point out the following things:

Lightning is by far the only one who does this, we just see more of lightnings behaviour and we have seen it since the bullying and targetting started back when he was staff.

In the report rules there is nothing refraining people from reporting other people for 1 report.

To be quite frank there is not another word for it, cause he is in his right to report people who damage him, either willing or accidental.

You got slain because you damaged a player seen in the 7 second clip you have posted yourself. If my eyes are correct I can see you go for him 2 times at least, a third one just getting short of the time limit on your video. I would love to see what happened before and after this, because it looks a lot like you were prop pushing him on purpose and trying to do it multiple times.

And there is another word for this behaviour: Toxic

Just because there are no rules for filing a forum report (or any report) for damage not even done to you, doesn’t mean it isn’t toxic. This is the definition of backseat moderating that he has been warned for.

And you’re right, I should post the entire round (which I will do when I get home), where you will see that he was a detective with a health station and this was the only time I did damage to him and it was at the end of the round and had no influence on the rounds outcome because Lightning did not get into any fights. He then waited until the next map to make a report based on a guess, where a staff member had to dig through damage logs.

Possessing a prop and following people around isn’t toxic, that is what props do. That is like telling a traitor that it is toxic to kill innocents. Getting someone slain because you were nudged by a prop and it had no influence on your gameplay is toxic.

And I think you’re forgetting the main part, that even when the transgression is less than than this (which is already nothing) it needs to be punished with the full might of heaven and earth or else we might be subjected to the fury of Lightning, who will not stop screeching about it until he gets his way or he’s threatened with being kicked. Which makes it easier to just appease him

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
I'm posting to inform @ParkRangerMoon and @helix that I've seen this report.

However, I might not be able to get to it until Saturday.

I will make no attempt to contact ParkRangerMoon in order to not cause further consternation.

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
Okay, now let's get down to dredging through the muck, shall we?

First off, I'd like to point out a (in my opinion, deliberate) factual inaccuracy regarding the account of events given by ParkRangerMoon (hereafter referred to in this post as "PRM" because I'm lazy):

Now, damage logs are kind of busted. Falsely attributing players who damaged or damage values is common. Today I faced the wrath of Lightning and was forced to serve a slay for this:

And here is the associated log:

[03:12] ParkRangerMoon (SPECTATOR) [innocent] has damaged [MZK]Lightning [detective] for 10 HP with models/props_c17/o
PRM actually damaged me 4 separate times during the round in question (Round 6 of the map Mirage) for a total of 25 damage which can be seen in the following 2 screenshots of the Old Logs section of the F8 menu:
LsB96oI.png

VXRDc6c.png
Now damaging someone for 10 is one thing, but PRM actually damaged me for 25, or 1/4 of my allotted health during that round, and influenced the round from beyond the grave by forcing me to return to my health station. This also interfered with my ability to serve my duty as a Detective that round.

The other thing that happened that round that I don't like is that @j3kawesome ("j3k"), a LEAD ADMIN, actively participated in damaging me from beyond the grave as well, despite me calling for the staff online at the time to put an end to the props damaging me in VC. Last time I checked staff members, such as the LEAD ADMINS, are supposed to enforce the rules and not violate them as j3k clearly did here by damaging me for at least 35 health. I am very disappointed in j3k's actions here, and quite frankly disappointed in myself for giving him the benefit of the doubt in this situation.

As for the report that I filed against PRM for the damage he caused to me, I will first bring up the following statement made to me by @Titan:
dUJgB4k.png
This confirms that damage done to alive people by dead people possessing props is indeed punishable as RDM.

I, as Ted has stated above, am eligible to report anyone who I can confirm damaged me in this manner. Looking at the logs confirmed that PRM damaged me as a possessed prop, and I therefore filed a report. Enough said.

when it isn't as intentional as following someone as a prop.

Allow me to introduce you to an awesome new idea for how to follow someone without risking a report against you. There's this thing called 3rd-person spectation mode were you can follow whoever you want, without having to deal with those fidgety props or the damage that they're known to deal. And, as a plus, you get to keep control of the camera so you can keep following someone and look wherever you want as well.

As for being toxic, I'd like to remind PRM that he received a citation for toxicity (and an extra slay to boot) for killing me 0:05 into round 3 on the map Waterworld (and on my T round no less) from the Senior Moderator @Bonks. I would also like to remind PRM that he continued to damage me with his possessed prop after I'd asked for it to stop in VC on round 6 of Mirage. Finally, I'd like to remind PRM that he in all honesty should've been banned for Mass RDM via Spectator Propdamage for his actions on the map Roy the Ship (the map before Mirage) as evidenced below:
slqS0aF.png

PbnM3tk.png

qA1Tf1J.png

2BvguiJ.png

97vZWb0.png

dPxuLTJ.png
Now should I report PRM for Mass RDM? Yes! But will I be reporting PRM for Mass RDM? NO! The moral here is that you shouldn't be the kettle calling the pot black when we're both made of wrought iron.

Now, to deal with the real culprit here, the notion that those of us here at AHG who want to play TTT by the rules are being asked to inconvenience ourselves to preserve the "fun" of these rule-breaking spectators damaging alive people with props in the name of server pop. I've become increasingly frustrated of being accosted by every known troll on here, plus about 2-4 of their jumped up lackies, every minute of every round with their prop possessing antics because they think it's "funny" to bully the guy who doesn't like it and know that most staff wont do anything because its a drop in the ocean.

This mindset is even beginning to seep into the habits of the staff, the very people who are supposed to protect people like me from such nonsense, but are instead joining in on the "fun" because its considered "hilarious". That's the beginning of a dangerous slope into anarchy.

(Enter sarcasm) The way things are going, we might as well make Prop RDM legal as nobody takes it seriously anymore unless people like me make a stink about it and hold these trolls and their lackies accountable for the countless amounts of damage that they've already caused by now.(Exit sarcasm)

It may be a toxic response, but its a response to toxic people when all I and my other fellow rule followers want to do is play TTT, not TDM.

Last edited by a moderator:

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
This report will be marked valid. Not necessarily for your behavior against ParkRangerMoon but for your behavior in general throughout that entire night versus a multitude of people, myself included. It's clear that ParkRangerMoon took it too far that night-- @j3kawesome as well absolutely shouldn't have continued after your protest. However the totality of what happened that night can't be ignored.

Despite all of that however, there were also numerous reports that happened simply from you being AFK and not paying attention and using reports as a form of communication aggressively, when you simply could have PM'd the person which led to our short discussion in the server. I am also weary about your response overall as I recently discovered you got help from a lead admin in formulating your thoughts on this when I was asking for purely your unfiltered thoughts. When you're free, I'd like to have a one on one discussion with you for the sake of saving some of the embarrassment for you on a public report. Go ahead and message me on Discord and we'll find a time we're both free.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Even though this report is wrapped up, I just wanted to add something - prop damage is rarely logged correctly. I've seen many, many cases where prop damage gets logged as 100 damage when in reality it was actually 5-10.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Reopening this to slightly revise the conclusion.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I want to address a few things:
First off, @ParkRangerMoon, I'd be more sympathetic to your case if you didn't keep going after him after the initial damage. This was a really weak report, especially since there were clearly staff members online who could have dealt with the situation.

@Lightning, when you are reported, your response should address the report with facts. You were told by @Bonks that Park's "toxic" slay was not for toxicity, but proceeded to twist it that way anyways.

Either way, every part of this report is a clusterfuck. The actual report is invalid, but Lightning's conduct during that night, plus the deliberate twisting of Park's slay as a response, makes me deem this report concluded.

Status
Not open for further replies.