Solved Report responses not always showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Sometimes when I make a report (actually more often than not), when the person responds I won't see it or be able to forgive/keep the report. Wolly suggested I check the !report menu to see previous reports but that didn't show me a response either. This has been happening for the past 5 or so days, and I haven't noticed a pattern yet about when it does and does not show up for me.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Does closing it and reopening fix it? We have the same thing with the RDM manager where sometimes we have to reopen the manager to see if someone forgave.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
Does closing it and reopening fix it? We have the same thing with the RDM manager where sometimes we have to reopen the manager to see if someone forgave.
No, reopening it didn't change anything.

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
Yes, we can't see the report reply sometimes still. But also
Also can reported people be told when reports are closed please I just assume it was closed and then a map or two later I get slain
^^^^ This would be amazing

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I'm attempting to recreate this on the dev server and am having problems. When exactly does this happen? Do you report the player when you die, the reported player dies and they respond and you don't see the response while the round is still active? Are you getting the response the following round when you are alive? Any help is appreciated since I am unfortunately having problems replicating this

Reda-Lex

Tatical Lurker
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
When exactly does this happen? Do you report the player when you die, the reported player dies and they respond and you don't see the response while the round is still active?
It should be pretty easy to replicate, i've reported plenty of players between the moment i got rdm'ed and the end of the round. I never saw any of the response popping up.
It doesn't matter if the reported player dies during the round or stay alive at the end of the round.
Are you getting the response the following round when you are alive?
We don't see any response pop up at all, not during & not after the round.

(Maybe it's not broken on the Dev server?)

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
It should be pretty easy to replicate, i've reported plenty of players between the moment i got rdm'ed and the end of the round. I never saw any of the response popping up.
It doesn't matter if the reported player dies during the round or stay alive at the end of the round.

We don't see any response pop up at all, not during & not after the round.

(Maybe it's not broken on the Dev server?)
It probably has something to do with the changes I made shortly after the server went public. Ply A would report ply B. Ply B would respond while Ply A is alive and hence while Ply A was walking around or even shooting, they'd have the "Forgive/keep report" menu pop up and ruin their gameplay while alive. It is only supposed to show up if you are dead/once you die. I imagine it has something to do with the logic.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I've pushed an update to production servers that MAY fix this (I haven't been able to replicate so I updated the logic). Please let me know if this continues to happen. I'll leave this thread open

Reda-Lex

Tatical Lurker
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
It seems to be working a lot more, i just had one problem. I reported someone for rdm mid round, we were both dead, didn't see the response..

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I saw this happen yesterday while playing with everyone on modded but am having problems replicating this in the dev server. I can promise you I'm looking into this but until I can figure out why this is happening, I can't fix it. Apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.