Reptar​
Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:71266213​
Reported Person's IGN
Ashes Relandi​
Reported Person's SteamID
STEAM_0:0:29687455​
Explain the situation
During my Traitor round I took the hole from the Barn to the underground hallway on the map 67th Way. When I arrived I was obstructed from being able to move by an object blocking my path over the water. I asked multiple times to be teleported or moved and the admin refused to help me. This unprofessional behavior was horrible to see on a server I frequent. I could not get unstuck and even other players were annoyed by Ashes actions. It was crazy as I had to wait the remainder of my T round stuck in a dark room without being able to play the game at all. I feel that Ashes does not deserve the admin role if he is not going to help a player and cause me to have to come to the forums to bring this to the acknowledgement of the owners and other higher staff. Ashes should be ashamed of the lack of respect they show.​

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Just a quick question. You mention a lack of respect from Ashes. Was this him actively disrespecting you or are you referring to the disrespect of him ignoring an unstuck request?

Ashes Relandi

Weeb
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Right so this is kind of odd...

Just to be clear aside from me on the server there were also @Azaelus and @j3kawesome.

So you claim I didn't unstuck you and that you were stuck. Did you notify staff using admin chat? I was checked my chat logs but I don't see anything in admin chat.
Also keep note that I was still alive at the time. We generally had people abuse this claiming they're stuck generally to get out of c4s. Most staff who are dead (or alive) usually have to validate it by speccing to be sure.

As mentioned I was still alive and the fact that again, there were two other staff online aside from me so they should have taken action if they there was a notice.

Also in what way did I disrespect you? I was mostly silent throughout the entire session and I rarely typed anything.

Reptar

Supporter
The disrespect was after every request to be unstuck Ashes actively told me no in All Chat and multiple members in the game kept asking why he would not help me. It was both him actively telling me he wouldn't help me as well as ignoring me. Saying that people abuse this claim doesn't mean you can ignore a request when you hold such high status on the server. It felt like he didn't care to help active members. As for the other admins they were afk at the time and only ashes was actively responding to me in chat saying he wont help me.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
The disrespect was after every request to be unstuck Ashes actively told me no in All Chat and multiple members in the game kept asking why he would not help me. It was both him actively telling me he wouldn't help me as well as ignoring me. Saying that people abuse this claim doesn't mean you can ignore a request when you hold such high status on the server. It felt like he didn't care to help active members. As for the other admins they were afk at the time and only ashes was actively responding to me in chat saying he wont help me.
To clarify, are you saying that Ashes DMed you that he would not help you? Or did he say this in regular text chat?

Reptar

Supporter
Regular text chat. Honestly I just want him to know that this is not okay. I don't care what happens, just that he doesn't ignore players again and acts like its not his job as admin to help people. Regardless of whether or not its convenient for him.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Regular text chat. Honestly I just want him to know that this is not okay. I don't care what happens, just that he doesn't ignore players again and acts like its not his job as admin to help people. Regardless of whether or not its convenient for him.
And this happened on the last round of 67th way, so around 23:40 UTC?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
So here are the server logs that Pierogi sent me
unknown.png

These logs show all forms of chat communitcation. This all looks like it matches with your story for the round. You goomba stomped someone and then tried to use !stuck. Right now we dont have the !stuck command set up, so that wouldnt have sent a message to adminchat, and likely got overlooked. If you do get stuck again, best practice would be to use admin chat (syntax: @<message>).

What I fail to see here is Ashes sending any kind of message for the remainder of the round. Do you have any screenshots or recording? If something did happen, I would like to fully investigate to make sure it doesnt happen again.

Reptar

Supporter
Hmm that’s
So here are the server logs that Pierogi sent me
unknown.png

These logs show all forms of chat communitcation. This all looks like it matches with your story for the round. You goomba stomped someone and then tried to use !stuck. Right now we dont have the !stuck command set up, so that wouldnt have sent a message to adminchat, and likely got overlooked. If you do get stuck again, best practice would be to use admin chat (syntax: @<message>).

What I fail to see here is Ashes sending any kind of message for the remainder of the round. Do you have any screenshots or recording? If something did happen, I would like to fully investigate to make sure it doesnt happen again.
really odd. I do not have any screenshots or recordings sadly. I also tried !unstuck as that was recommended by another player but the logs don’t seem to show that message. What Ashes had said was when I asked him if he would help get me unstuck he said no. Then I asked a few more times and it seemed he has a key binding that would respond “Yes.”. I would ask something like, “so you won’t help me get unstuck?” With his response “Yes.”. Without those logs I understand it’s hard for you to prove anything. I’m not sure if there’s a way logs can be removed but it seems like messages I sent and Ashes sent have been removed.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
So I have talked to you briefly via DMs in game, but Im gonna break everything down in here. To start off, here is a recording of the incident, courtesy of j3kawesome:

So lets start off with your initial request to be unstuck (0:19)
  • Death first put in chat a radio bind saying "No." after which, Ashes followed suit with his own "No.". I talked with Ashes about it, and he couldnt remember why he hit that bind, and Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on that considering his strong history as staff. He said he didnt notice you asking to be unstuck, and I believe that, had he noticed, he would have teleported you. If he did miss your initial request to be unstuck, the rest of this interaction just reads as "snowballed miscommunication."
Then you say "Nah Ashes is an admin and he wont-" (0:35)
  • Ashes doesnt respond to this, but given the fact that your mic either cut out or you stopped speaking, I dont fault him for this
And then further "I dont know. I guess admins dont have to move-" (0:44)
  • Again, without the context of your request to be unstuck being taken into consideration, this message would simply be saying that Ashes himself doesnt have to move, which means very little.
"KOS Ashes for being a bad admin. KOS Ashes" (1:17)
  • This is the first message he allegedly responds to with a radio bind ("Yes."). Nothing wrong here, either.

And the rest of what was said got no response from him, but I would like to point out someone else saying "Are you still not unstuck?" (1:24). Like Ashes said, there were 2 other staff on at the time who could have noticed you being stuck, and I'll bring it up to them. As for my conclusion, I'm operating under the assumption that Ashes didnt hear your initial request to be unstuck, like he said in his response earlier. I do apologize that you spent a minute with just a black screen and no way to escape, but I think this chalks up to a single message slipping between the cracks. In my conversation with Ashes I mentioned to try and pay a little more attention to people possibly requesting help, but otherwise, I dont think any other steps need to be taken.

As for the disrespect, if you work under the same assumption that he didnt hear your initial request, the rest of it boils down to him being unaware to your situation, while you think he is actively refusing to help you.

Because of all of this, I'm marking this report Invalid. Like I mentioned earlier I will follow up with the two other staff members who were dead, and in a better position to help you. As for you, the only advice I can give is to try using admin chat (@<message>) to request an unstuck as it stands out more to us. Thats all I have for you, but Ill leave this thread unlocked for a day or so in case you or Ashes have anything to add.