Solved Respawn System broke down on 67th Way last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
I'm going to report this as a potential bug, but it might have been a one-off thing.

During the 3AM EDT hour last night, I and the others playing on the modded server ran into a very unusual glitch of some sort while on the map 67th Way.

What happened can only be explained as the respawn system completely breaking down and not respawning people at proper spawnpoints.

For 2 rounds in a row I started the preparing phase of the round at the same point in the map that I had been at the end of the end round phase of the preceeding round.

During that 2nd round @Wompzilla was the only one to survive the round. The next preparing phase nobody was respawned and it was just Wompzilla alive and the server hung up.

We then tried to RTV, but the preparing phase had already begun, so the RTV couldn't go through until the end of that round. We then tried to get Wompzilla to kill bind, but that didn't end the round.

I then had to ping @Desert , who had ironically been on just before this happened to ban a user for hacking, to come back on and force a map change.

Last edited:

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i will take a look at the player spawns and replace them. would anybody happen to have recordings of the situation?

Lightning

I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!!
VIP
Legacy
would anybody happen to have recordings of the situation?
I wasn't recording at the time of this incident.

You might ask Desert if he saw anything happening while he was on banning that hacker, or maybe Wompzilla who was on at the time of the incident.

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
talked to Desert, not entirely sure what happened here. seems to be a one-off, however it's very possible something in the map (i.e. a trigger) broke something else. checked the player spawns, doesn't appear to be anything wrong with them. thanks for reporting, please do report if it happens again

Status
Not open for further replies.