Important Responsible Disclosure Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExaltedPrime

Legacy
I don't see how you could have connected to the Minecraft server since August. I don't see you in the connection logs, and the IP was staff-only information. Could you elaborate on what you posted?

Also, Jabba signed an NDA that included not using any IP addresses. He'd have your IP if you ever connected to any of our servers anyways.
Someone had invited me to play on a server that had members of AHG in it, I had thought that was the server, that is my honest mistake but my original statement still stands.

Also, why wasn't the NDA made public in the main post, and why were we not aware of it? I under stand it being a non disclosure and the well being of both parties, but if it regards our personal information, it needs to be known and heavily implied that said individual can not or will not use it against the community or it's patrons in any case.

I mean, more transparency is key, and you guys are killing it with this, but I mean, I would have loved to known about the NDA in the main post without having to ask about it.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
Someone had invited me to play on a server that had members of AHG in it, I had thought that was the server, that is my honest mistake but my original statement still stands.

Also, why wasn't the NDA made public in the main post, and why were we not aware of it? I under stand it being a non disclosure and the well being of both parties, but if it regards our personal information, it needs to be known and heavily implied that said individual can not or will not use it against the community or it's patrons in any case.

I mean, more transparency is key, and you guys are killing it with this, but I mean, I would have loved to known about the NDA in the main post without having to ask about it.
I believe youre thinking of Treasure Island, which is not affiliated with AHG

Nitro_Hunter

Banned
VIP
Legacy

this is not true man.... stop making stuff up.....

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

Wrong server, yeah. idk what that is.

You're not reading the original post fully. You should do some reading on the linked wikipedia article. It would have been highly irresponsible to issue an announcement before the code could have been audited. This is standard practice.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
So you're telling me, with a straight face, that my personal information was leaked, and now I am at risk. I connected to the Minecraft server, under my own personal account to see the progress. I intended to play on the server and make amends with those who I seek to make amends. (This statement is now redacted because I was playing on a server where people from SGM and AHG were present, I wasn't aware that it wasn't AHG Minecraft server, just a random server people were chilling on)

Now reading the shenanigan and how leadership responded to the thread with this:

0fb15fdb763418ebd80db4af8a375f5d.png

So our information and wellbeing was going to be kept a "high secret" until you can figure things out? How do I know if Jabba will use my IP and leak it? How do I know if he kept the IP logs hidden and now I have to trust that he didn't. He is also banned off the website and everything else. What is keeping him from causing more harm to the community.

I highly recommend that users flush their IP and get new external IPS and/or use VPNs from now on. I slacked for a week and now my personal IP was seen by other people who didn't need it.
1633822714996.png

TheExaltedPrime

Legacy
Wrong server, yeah. idk what that is.

You're not reading the original post fully. You should do some reading on the linked wikipedia article. It would have been highly irresponsible to issue an announcement before the code could have been audited. This is standard practice.
I read it and I am well aware of the practice, as being in the IT security sector myself. I don't want to sound like a Karen, but if he did sign an NDA, shouldn't we be aware of that in the main post so we know our information isn't being shared? Kind of a big thing to reply about an NDA and not share it publicly.

TheExaltedPrime

Legacy
Again, I left before the servers were up, and if you had read my replies, I had stated I had joined a server with other members of both communities. My main concern was the lack of knowledge of Ethan signing an NDA, and everyone learning that he had in a reply made on this thread.

Even if I didn't join any of the servers, I still signed up on the website, and in the discord. (This is hypothetical, without the knowledge of an NDA being present, or us being told of one being made or legally binding said parties)

What if he had leaked the entirety of the website? Or the IPs of users? You can see my concern, and my vehement attitude towards it. I know Jabba, and I know he isn't the revenge type, but I know him publicly, I don't know of his inner mind, what sets him off.

Thanks for elaborating on the NDA, and I appreciate you guys telling us that significant legal procedures were made in order to protect us. I admit, I was a bit scared, as I have had my whole address leaked by a past community leader in another community, so I had flash backs.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
why did you not disclose information about the non discloser agreement... wtf

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Again, I left before the servers were up, and if you had read my replies, I had stated I had joined a server with other members of both communities. My main concern was the lack of knowledge of Ethan signing an NDA, and everyone learning that he had in a reply made on this thread.

Even if I didn't join any of the servers, I still signed up on the website, and in the discord. (This is hypothetical, without the knowledge of an NDA being present, or us being told of one being made or legally binding said parties)

What if he had leaked the entirety of the website? Or the IPs of users? You can see my concern, and my vehement attitude towards it. I know Jabba, and I know he isn't the revenge type, but I know him publicly, I don't know of his inner mind, what sets him off.

Thanks for elaborating on the NDA, and I appreciate you guys telling us that significant legal procedures were made in order to protect us. I admit, I was a bit scared, as I have had my whole address leaked by a past community leader in another community, so I had flash backs.
What if ≠ Will/Did

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I mean im pretty sure jabba had access to ip’s through the forums. I dont think the servers having that problem has anything to do with you exalted. If jabba really wanted to leak ip he would use the forums not the Minecraft or ttt servers lmao

Pretty sure it could get him into a LOT of legal problems if he leaked addresses. Maybe im wrong, but from what I know It’s probably not something anyone will have to worry about.

Leaking IPs or using them in a malicious manor is already a crime.

I was right, cool

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

Leaking IPs or using them in a malicious manor is already a crime. All the NDA does is give us a more direct avenue to get legally involved as well as to further make it clear to Ethan as to what awaits him if he does anything foolish. As for your IP and security, its been discussed mulitple times. You are responsible for hiding your IP from websites if you dont want it logged. So I ask you, what does him signing an NDA change?

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
for the minecraft server? unlikely. it was just a mistake of a plugin they had was set to log console stuff to a discord channel. They probably didnt check the configs they were given and used an old setup. Apparently only nathan/jabba saw it, although who knows.

The TTT bug is unlikely to be exploited either. No details on it was given but it may have been a weird bug that was just there and quickly fixed. Although the user who reported it probably have seen a few users IP before reporting.

Ye, we had a discord plugin running on the mc server for a discord server only me and Jabba had access to for dev purposes. We only ever ran it to ensure the plugin ran correctly and for better logging of server errors. It's just something that was overlooked when transferring the server contents to Pierogi. Considering we both have access to IP's if really wanted them through SGM (& the time prior to transfer through AHG since we were admins+) it seems pretty eh to me. I guess Pierogi wanted to make sure he was legally covered or whatever.

In full disclosure, I was pretty ticked off (and still am) about the fact that users were messaged by Leads indicating there had been a data breach in such a tone that a user actually thought I was getting COI banned. If the intention was always to make a public thread about this (Which it seemed to be but really who knows) , it seems pretty malicious to do such a thing. I was also fairly ticked off that I had recent learnt of the TTT data breach and didn't see similar actions being taken by leads to do the same in their case. I guess they need to personally dm users when it involves me but when it involved themselves the thread was more than apt.

coolmatthew213

VIP
Legacy
I'm a part of this community since 2016 or 2017 since this community was known as serious TTT before it became AHG. After hearing about the situation right after being time away due to college, this had me very disappointed and leaving a black eye on AHG. Of course, I will still be around on TTT however this left a sour taste in my mouth. This is a moment AHG won't recover from until further improvement is needed or vice versa. Please do better!

Status
Not open for further replies.