Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I'm a part of this community since 2016 or 2017 since this community was known as serious TTT before it became AHG. After hearing about this situation right now after being time away due to college had me very disappointed and leaving a black eye on AHG. Of course, I will still be around on TTT however this left a sour taste in my mouth. This is a moment AHG won't recover from until further improvement is needed or vice versa. Please do better!
Out of curiosity and in the interest of improvement, which part are you referring too? The breach or the situation as a whole?

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
To me honestly, I don't give a shit about my IP getting leaked. I'm always using a VPN 24/7 and the worst you can do is tell me which city I live in which I have in my profile.

However, if let's just say, someone somewhere tells this community where they work or just enough information to get your address, then that someone somewhere would be at fault really. Don't post private shit to the public dummy

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Internet privacy is an important thing to me and to hear there was not only 1 but 2 breaches is disappointing. I use a VPN 99% of the time to hide my IP. Since I live in a smaller city it's easier to narrow down using other information about me. I don't think Nathan or Ethan would do anything malicious with the IPs. As for the TTT breach let's only hope no one used it.

SeanIsForever

VIP
guess its one big "fingers crossed!"

TragicMagic

junior junior senior lead admin
VIP
He asked you if it was one specific thing or the whole thing. It cant be a mix of both, it's one or the other.
Anyone know how you can rate something dumb twice? of fucking course it can be a mix of both lol - it's absolutely possible to be dissatisfied with both an IP breach and everything related to how it is handled, what fucking illicit substances are you taking to believe otherwise?

Just cause his opinion is based on things he likely doesn't understand doesn't make it impossible

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Anyone know how you can rate something dumb twice? of fucking course it can be a mix of both lol - it's absolutely possible to be dissatisfied with both an IP breach and everything related to how it is handled, what fucking illicit substances are you taking to believe otherwise?

Just cause his opinion is based on things he likely doesn't understand doesn't make it impossible
The question was 'which part are you referring too? The breach or the situation as a whole?' and at least I interpreted that as "is it this specific thing or is it everything". The specific thing is included within everything. it is fairly obvious that he is disappointed in the data breach so the question becomes 'is it just the data breach or how we handled it and the data breach'

Ainoyu Yunomi

✘o ✘o
VIP
Legacy
I think it’s funny that some of you put huge emphasis on this. At least they disclosed it. They learned from their lessons and fixed the issues. You don’t exactly see other platforms and servers doing this. They rather sweep things up cause it will make them look bad. Furthermore, pretty much everything on the internet gathers your data, including ips.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I think it’s funny that some of you put huge emphasis on this. At least they disclosed it. They learned from their lessons and fixed the issues. You don’t exactly see other platforms and servers doing this. They rather sweep things up cause it will make them look bad. Furthermore, pretty much everything on the internet gathers your data, including ips.
IKR. I’m genuinely happy that there’s transparency in what happened now. Heard some rumors about this the night of the report and this put those rumors to rest

Hummgy

VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Kinda fucking dumb that people are getting so upset about this. It is obvious that many of you don't understand how logging onto the internet works. Every time you do anything, unless you use a VPN, your IP is logged by someone 99/100 times. The internet isn't some magical place where you're completely anonymous or safe. Also, in all actuality, there is very little someone can do with your IP address and if you're REALLY that concerned about it, there are plenty of tutorials online on how to change your IP address. Have a good day yall, and stop giving the staff shit for something that is ultimately YOUR responsibility.

Carnage

Ye, we had a discord plugin running on the mc server for a discord server only me and Jabba had access to for dev purposes. We only ever ran it to ensure the plugin ran correctly and for better logging of server errors. It's just something that was overlooked when transferring the server contents to Pierogi. Considering we both have access to IP's if really wanted them through SGM (& the time prior to transfer through AHG since we were admins+) it seems pretty eh to me. I guess Pierogi wanted to make sure he was legally covered or whatever.

In full disclosure, I was pretty ticked off (and still am) about the fact that users were messaged by Leads indicating there had been a data breach in such a tone that a user actually thought I was getting COI banned. If the intention was always to make a public thread about this (Which it seemed to be but really who knows) , it seems pretty malicious to do such a thing. I was also fairly ticked off that I had recent learnt of the TTT data breach and didn't see similar actions being taken by leads to do the same in their case. I guess they need to personally dm users when it involves me but when it involved themselves the thread was more than apt.
Personally appreciate the info being given out as many people would keep it quiet or barely give any details. Twitch's leak is a recent example.

My posts are just here to help explain things in a more user friendly manner. As a retired server host/manager i reused old servers/forget to remove some things. You just learn not to do it again and be transparent. I'm sorry you feel like that though.

Texas Red

Banned
:p

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
Jabba took the fall for this. He was the hero AHG deserved, but not the one it needed

Status
Not open for further replies.