Rejected Reverse Prop-Hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
Prop velocity is extended substantially. 1 Person is chosen as a random small prop and their goal is to kill everyone else via Garry's Mod physics before the time is up. If players block themselves into a room give a random teleport function to either the player or the prop.

Can also be similar to an Infected game mode where when people die they also become props. (just a possibility)

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
+1
The random small prop should be heavy enough that it cannot be grabbed by a magnetostick as well, like the saw blade prop.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
+1 fun idea

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Also the vase props on Clue are similarly terrible and would work great for this.
nah nah nah we just gotta figure out how to make it not grabbable, the small props like the painting are the most entertaining. you just gotta get creative if you want to lock the prop away...

Virunas

Prestigious
Legacy
pretty sure theres some kind of value you can change to props to make them heavier. idk if you can do it outside of hammer, but maybe it can force people to spec barrels that are automatically spawned in?

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Can't wait for a random to be the first one and cause a 6 minute delay because they don't understand it

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
This sounds fun but it's going to take SO fucking long unless we have like 6 props

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
The camping problem would be huge. You'd almost need to have a vote command enabled or only have the gamemode only activate while there is a staff member on.

I think an easier way to do it would be to have the "ghost" be able to leave and possess other props like normal spectator mode. Everyone that dies can just poses props like normal. This would make it so anyone that is camping in a room with a prop becomes immediate paint for the walls.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Isn't this already a normal round of TTT at this point?
Except none of the pesky players can pick up your prop >:}

C'mon Pierogi, I know you like the sound of that

AllOfYourMoney

VIP
Legacy
So in regards to the fact that it would either A). Have players not understand their role or B). Have the round take too long:

Give the original person a 30 second timer. If they have not killed a single person in 30 seconds, a random person is chosen to also become a prop.
If people are camping really hard (which likely would be a legit strategy) and no kills are occurring; make the prop teleport to a vicinity of players who are not dying. If the prop cannot be within that vicinity (or if its just preferable this way) teleport the player (or players) to a random location on the map. This doesn't have to be a static gamemode. It could be that every 30-60 seconds players get randomly teleported and need to find somewhere to be safe from props.
I also suggested it could be an "infected" gamemode so to speak, where once a person dies they also become a prop. This would very quickly cause a chain reaction and the round to accelerate.

TLDR: There's really no reason why this proposed gamemode has to be a camp fest or take a long time whenever it occurs.

I mean hell, even the Reapers had a teleport functionality for when people were camping in hard to get to places. Garry's Mod spaghetti code permitting, I don't see any reason we couldn't implement something easier and better for props to teleport to a room or nearby building, especially near people.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
So in regards to the fact that it would either A). Have players not understand their role or B). Have the round take too long:

Give the original person a 30 second timer. If they have not killed a single person in 30 seconds, a random person is chosen to also become a prop.
If people are camping really hard (which likely would be a legit strategy) and no kills are occurring; make the prop teleport to a vicinity of players who are not dying. If the prop cannot be within that vicinity (or if its just preferable this way) teleport the player (or players) to a random location on the map. This doesn't have to be a static gamemode. It could be that every 30-60 seconds players get randomly teleported and need to find somewhere to be safe from props.
I also suggested it could be an "infected" gamemode so to speak, where once a person dies they also become a prop. This would very quickly cause a chain reaction and the round to accelerate.

TLDR: There's really no reason why this proposed gamemode has to be a camp fest or take a long time whenever it occurs.

I mean hell, even the Reapers had a teleport functionality for when people were camping in hard to get to places. Garry's Mod spaghetti code permitting, I don't see any reason we couldn't implement something easier and better for props to teleport to a room or nearby building, especially near people.
I think an easier way to counter this is to make it so if a player stays within the same radius'd area for so long they get killed and added to the prop team. I think it would be a lot harder, if not impossible to teleport a prop being actively possessed.

Last edited:

Virunas

Prestigious
Legacy
I think an easier way to counter this is to make it so if a player stays within a certain radius'd area for so long they get killed and added to the prop team. I think it would be a lot harder, if not impossible to teleport a prop being actively possessed.
if there's a warning for them before they get killed then yes

Status
Not open for further replies.