Solved Server Lag with Chatbox [Should be High Priority]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
All of this was discovered by player, iii.

Replication Process:

Use the command "ttt_call_detective body_id", sorta like this "ttt_call_detective body_id;ttt_call_detective body_id" and so on, to a max of 255. The server has a limit of how many commands it can run a second, however, the clip shows that the entire server froze two times and my fps dropped to the 40s-60s. A fully popped server can have a more drastic effect.

or

Use the command "snd_dumpclientsounds" when grabbing a ragdoll and hitting it on the ground, you can make multiple Aliases or a config file to bind it to a button.

Fixes:

1. Chat Limit

This didn't take a long time to find and can be used maliciously if not dealt with quickly.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Fixed. I said to Pierogi but I'll say it here keep an eye on iii. The fact that he knows about this exploit yet never reported it on garrysmod-issues GitHub nor chose to make a merge request to fix this exploit should speak volumes about his character. Yeah he may have chosen to share it with us but he knew about it before the chatbox was implemented.

I've also gone ahead and pushed this to the public garrysmod repository to fix it for all servers, like iii should've done

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Use the command "snd_dumpclientsounds" when grabbing a ragdoll and hitting it on the ground, you can make multiple Aliases or a config file to bind it to a button
Forgot to respond to this. There is nothing to do about this. This is simply how Source Engine dumps the sounds. Do this on any server and it'll lag only you.

Status
Not open for further replies.