Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hello After Hours Community,
Although we try to avoid litigating bans outside of the reports/appeals subforums, false information about recent events has forced me to address several bans that were made over the past week.

On March 5th, Scrungy was issued a 5 day ban for spamming shoutbox. The ban length was chosen due to the severity of the spam (it filled several windows) and Scrungy's extensive spam history (6 spam warnings and 1 spam ban over the past 2 years).

Here's the evidence:
image.png

image.png

image.png

And here's the ban history:
image.png

On March 6th, several users started spamming the shoutbox to protest this ban, accumulating over 130 messages in a short amount of time. Group trolling normally results in a 2 week ban, but almost all punishments issued were lower than this guideline.
  • Texas Red was banned for 2 weeks due to the severity of the spam and extensive ban/warning history
  • Meatwad was banned for 1 week due to the severity of the spam
  • Aquast was banned for 1 week due to the severity of the spam
  • Bartholomew was issued a warning due to minorly participating in the spam
  • Everlong was issued a warning due to minorly participating in the spam
  • Dutch was issued a warning due to minorly participating in the spam
  • Moisty Boy was issued a warning due to minorly participating in the spam

On March 9th, several users began to flood the Questions and Answers subforum with questions about previous bans. These questions persisted despite several clarifications that they were not appropriate for the Q&A subforum.

During this process, Texas Red received two warning points, which resulted in a 4 week forum ban. Per an agreement with Texas, this resulted in him being re-COI banned. To those who believe it was unfair, here's a short history of Texas Red's history on AHG:
  • In April 2021 Texas Red received a COI ban for a combination of impersonating a staff member on Twitter and posting damaging content, and advertising for Wall Street TTT.
  • In December 2021 Texas Red was unbanned , with the condition that receiving any ban 4 weeks or longer would result in being re-COIed.
  • In January 2022 Texas Red was re-COI banned after receiving an automated 4 week forum ban for excessive warning points.
  • In May 2022, Texas Red was unbanned from the TTT server with the condition that receiving any ban 4 weeks or longer would result in being re-COIed.
  • On December 7th 2022 Texas Red was unbanned from the rest of the community, with a reminder that any ban 4 weeks or longer would result in being re-COIed.
  • On December 27th, 2022 Texas Red received an automated 2 week warning point ban, along with a reminder from me that the next warning point ban would likely be 4 weeks.
  • On February 7th, Texas Red received an automated 4 week warning point ban. However, I was out of town and did not realize the ban had happened until two weeks later. After learning about the ban, I chose to not re-COI until the next 4 week+ ban.
  • On February 8th, Texas Red received a 2 week Discord ban for evading channel bans. The normal first offense duration of an evasion ban is 4 weeks.
  • On March 6th, Texas Red received a 2 week Discord ban for participating in the aforementioned Scrungy Riot.
  • On March 9th, Texas Red received an automated 4 week warning point ban.

I hope you all can see that overall, we've been fairly lenient and forgiving when it comes to enforcing our rules. Texas Red was un-COIed twice, and we even gave him extra chances on the second one. Scrungy was given a pretty lenient ban considering his warn/ban history and the severity of the spam. However, a small group of users decided to cause drama and deliberately deceive other members by portraying these bans as some great injustice. They attempted to take advantage of our leniency, which is disappointing because I would've considered many of these people my friends.

As a result of all this, we will be more strict in enforcing forum and Discord rules for the foreseeable future. We will be less lenient with letting things slide, and offenses like group trolling will carry more severe punishments than normal.

To the 95% of the community that wasn't the cause of this post, thank you for keeping our community enjoyable.
~Pierogi

Last edited:

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
this is wow. honestly. I cant' believe it. wow...

• Optimistic
Reactions: roy

Jennie

Cute Bunny UwU
Senior Moderator
Prestigious
Legacy

Everlong

VIP
I do apologize for my actions and that warn was justified.
Also. question. What’s a COI ban?

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
As a result of all this, we will be more strict in enforcing forum and Discord rules for the foreseeable future. We will be less lenient with letting things slide, and offenses like group trolling will carry more severe punishments than normal.
kdMQXiB.png

real

Status
Not open for further replies.