Implemented Static F3 menu instead of current dropdown menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda With a Gun

Good at video games
Legacy
As the title said, just like what SGM had but with a fresh coat of paint? I for one don't like having to click every page, then scroll to see what I want. I always liked the old static menu because all that was necessary to see everything, was a click between pages and maybe scroll just a little bit unlike where it is now where you switch pages then click what you want to see then scroll quite a lot.

I personally think that looks more aesthetically pleasing and solid? In a way

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Azaelus

Sic Parvis Magna
VIP
Legacy
Yes please.

Don't know if this is client side, but I can't scroll the weapons list in the Loadout, so im stuck with choosing 6 weapons, and I know there is more cause the HUGE and MP5 doesn't show up.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
I'm not following. Are you saying that we should reduce the size that items take up in the Inventory Shop?

Yes please.

Don't know if this is client side, but I can't scroll the weapons list in the Loadout, so im stuck with choosing 6 weapons, and I know there is more cause the HUGE and MP5 doesn't show up.
This also has been fixed

Aquast

i puked
VIP
Legacy
I'm not following. Are you saying that we should reduce the size that items take up in the Inventory Shop?
He means when you press f3 to open the menu, it drops down like a powerpoint slide. It looks bad and isn't very practical if you want to lets say buy a weapon quickly.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
I would very much like to revert back to a static shop menu. It feels overall faster IMO and atm it's too slow sometimes for very fast-paced needs.

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
Im not following iver, I don't see this drop down effect, or pages etc

Aquast

i puked
VIP
Legacy
Im not following iver, I don't see this drop down effect, or pages etc
Don't worry Temar, I've got you covered! So as you are in the game, you press F3 (to enter the F3 menu). That opens the F3 menu, which, as explained above, drops down in an annoying way like in a slideshow ha ha! If you're still not following, no need to panic! I've made an educational video clip with slow motion included in case you miss it!
Make sure to follow closely!

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
oh ok, its 1st time only, not when opening again so I guess I missed it
but that still leave the whole thing about pages?
all I see is tabs for skins or models etc, then scroll if needed

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
oh ok, its 1st time only, not when opening again so I guess I missed it
but that still leave the whole thing about pages?
all I see is tabs for skins or models etc, then scroll if needed
As Temar said, I made it so the animation would only show the first time you open the show. Every other time you reopen it, it'll immediately pop up.

Timo654

Legacy
+1
fuck the fancy animations
it just feels slow because of it
it can also interrupt gameplay

even if you're very proud of the animation, it sadly looks like shit

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Animation takes less than 1 second and only plays once per play session. Studies show that people are more receptive to animations since it doesn't feel as "static" or "dead". This reception will play out better for new players. If you really want I'll add an option to disable it but by default it will remain enabled.

The option to disable the animation will take time

Aquast

i puked
VIP
Legacy
Animation takes less than 1 second and only plays once per play session. Studies show that people are more receptive to animations since it doesn't feel as "static" or "dead". This reception will play out better for new players. If you really want I'll add an option to disable it but by default it will remain enabled.

The option to disable the animation will take time
studies show that people dont want that animation since theres a suggestion to remove it with 8 upvotes. yes we want an option to disable it.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
studies show that people dont want that animation since theres a suggestion to remove it with 8 upvotes. yes we want an option to disable it.
No need for a smart-ass response considering how much I'm busting my ass to implement suggestions, do bug fixes, figure out why the website is running slowly, and improve staff tools while also working on a behind-the-scenes project and getting ready for college.

This has been implemented. It will be public in the coming hour. Closed

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
There was a delay when implementing this. It should be active after the next mapchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.