Denied Super Sand's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherious

Banned
I dunno, i just got banned while playing on miami. I'd imagine whoever was spectating me has video evidence.

Edit: The account registered on AHG is not the account I use to play ttt on. Gonna leave my steam ID here
STEAM_0:1:42185539

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hiya,
Here's some of the kills that you were banned for.

Some of those might be explainable by lag, but the deagle headshot in the second clip is 100% an aimbot.

While investigating, I realized you were banned for hacking at least twice on SGM:
This one in 2016 - https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/report-against-cherious-steam_0-1-42185539.33855/
This one in 2018 - https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/definitelynotasians-appeal.47802/

I'll leave this open for you to reply, after which I'll give my verdict on this appeal.

Cherious

Banned
1st clip - I don't get it, nothing definitive about that as it's pretty easy to hipfire the rifle. All body shots too.
2nd clip - I was following the person as he moved, i do not see any sign that "locks on" or at least, looks like something that is definitive use of aimbot. You can look at the first person I killed.

3rd clip - You can clearly see I miss my shots, Sorry if I'm not seeing it as valid evidence from your perspective as it looks completely normal as anyone else who misses. Sure I flicked my crosshair over the guy, but he was standing still and made himself an easy target in the middle of a gunfight.
4th clip - I'd agree it looks suspicious, but it was deathmatch and I already was near death - trying to be on my toes and not die. Definitely a sudden snap to the guy, but I wouldn't mark it as conclusive in my opinion given the situation I was in. Ask anyone else who gets a flick like that and it's only one kill in a 1 - 2 second clip.

I got banned numerous times in the past for hacking, whether it's alleged accusations of aimbot or no recoil. The thing is - ttt doesn't have proper recoil like you do in other FPS games, all of the recoil goes straight up vertically (I still have not found out why that last deagle shot had no recoil to this day, it's a mystery to me too. I could not see any sign of recoil on that last shot even though I was compensating for the recoil). With enough time and knowledge, it's not difficult to pull off recoil compensation for each weapon. Even the april fool's minigame opalium set up in 2018 had weapons with crazy amounts of vertical recoil. I was fiddling with the weapons used in that fun round as I used them. It's hard and a lot of people would be caught off-guard by the absurd recoil, but not impossible to control the recoil, even though helix decided to leave the ban as it is since he thought it was "impossible" and no further evidence was put in.
Then again, I've been aware for years that what you see as a spectator vs. real-time has discrepancies. I know lag has been a factor as you say, Pierogi, but I never looked into that specific topic as much. I'm hoping in good faith that you review over the submitted evidence and with others of the admin team as well.

Last edited:

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
1st clip - I don't get it, nothing definitive about that as it's pretty easy to hipfire the rifle.
2nd clip - I was following the person as he moved, i do not see any sign that "locks on" or at least, looks like something that is definitive use of aimbot. You can look at the first person I killed.

3rd clip - You can clearly see I miss my shots, Sorry if I'm not seeing it as valid evidence from your perspective as it looks completely normal as anyone else who misses. Sure I flicked my crosshair over the guy, but he was standing still and made himself an easy target in the middle of a gunfight.
4th clip - I'd agree it looks suspicious, but it was deathmatch and I already was near death - trying to be on my toes and not die. Definitely a sudden snap to the guy, but I wouldn't mark it as conclusive in my opinion given the situation I was in. Ask anyone else who gets a flick like that and it's only one kill in a 1 - 2 second clip.

I got banned numerous times in the past for hacking, whether it's alledged accusations of aimbot or no recoil. The thing is - ttt doesn't have proper recoil like you do in other FPS games, all of the recoil goes straight up vertically (I still have not found out why that last deagle shot had no recoil to this day, it's a mystery to me too). With enough time and knowledge, it's not difficult to pull off recoil compensation for each weapon. Even the april fool's minigame opalium set up in 2018 had weapons with crazy amounts of vertical recoil. It's hard, but not impossible to control the recoil, even though helix decided to leave the ban as it is since he thought it was "impossible" and no further evidence was put in.
Then again, I've been aware for years that what you see as a spectator vs. real-time has discrepancies. I know lag has been a factor as you say, Pierogi, but I never looked into that specific topic as much. I'm hoping in good faith that you review over the submitted evidence and with others of the admin team as well.
Clip 1 was what made me suspicious of you. It looked to me like you were using backtracking, but on its own, it wasn't enough to ban.

In Clip 2, the Deagle bullet goes straight for the other player's head and there's a very small but noticeable snap that's indicative of an aimbot with a low FOV. I was pressing tab pretty frequently to eliminate lag as an explanation by showing proof of pings - here's everyone's ping a few seconds after the kill:
1627416678099.png

You had 86, Dirixity had 46. The net graph in the video shows that I was also not lagging, and that there was no lag spike on the server that would explain the snap.

There's plausible deniability on Clip 3 in a vacuum, but paired with Clip 1 and 2 this just looks like more backtracking to me. Missing shots doesn't prove that you're not hacking. I could load up several different aimbots on the dev server right now and record footage of me missing shots with a blatant aimbot.

Clip 4 wouldn't be enough to ban for one instance. But I saw several kills like that in <30 minutes. As the old saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Cherious

Banned
Yeah, I'm also aware that togglable aimbots exist and ones that purposefully miss at times to throw off suspicion. But I'm sure that it is important to understand what is reasonable and unreasonable when comparing normal gameplay vs. blatant aimbot. I try to go for headshots if I can and thus, snap to people's heads at times, especially with weapons that can 1 tap to the head - it's almost second nature to me after playing 2k+ hours of TTT. I apologize in advance for not understanding the technical terms of spectating when it specifically comes to ttt, I'm unfamiliar with those terms.

Last edited:

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
After having the evidence reviewed by several other staff members, the ban will stand. Due to your history of using hacks on SGM (and still disputing the legitimacy of the SGM bans despite overwhelming evidence), I cannot justify reducing the ban length.

~Pierogi

Status
Not open for further replies.