Solved Taser prohibits typing/speaking on voice chat (Apparently unintended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
As the title says, when a player is tazed they can be unable to type, or speak on voice chat. I thought this was a glitch, then was told it's always been like that. After discussion with some staff it apparently is unintended, so I'm putting this bug report here as a formality.

An instance of this happening is shown below:

Unfortunately I only learned of this today so I don't know much concretely. It appears voice chat/typing is possible again once the player recovers from being tazed or dies. Also I can't say just how often it happens because again I only learned of it today. But it seems like it may happen every time as people seem to believe this is an intended feature (also did some testing outside that was unrecorded so I can't present it unfortunately).

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
When we first added it I was informed that it was intentional
I asked @Pierogi today on the server and he didn't believe it was intentional. Now, whether or not the original maker of the tazer made it like this might have to do with it (idk if the tazer is an AHG asset or imported from SGM/some other source). My gut feeling is that it's intended by whoever made it. Correct me if I'm wrong @Pierogi.

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
I asked @Pierogi today on the server and he didn't believe it was intentional. Now, whether or not the original maker of the tazer made it like this might have to do with it (idk if the tazer is an AHG asset or imported from SGM/some other source). My gut feeling is that it's intended by whoever made it. Correct me if I'm wrong @Pierogi.
I feel like it is too, kinda makes since given nature of a taser. Don't want a T making a false kos as their last act while being tazed. Perhaps pierogi was....fucking with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.