Rejected Tear-Gas Upgrade - Disable Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Halen

VIP
Legacy
+1 the tear gas is pretty shit rn ngl

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

Swiffe.

Are you shitting me in your pants?!
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Instead I think your mic should completely obscure your mic by add coughing sound effects to the point where it's hard to distinguish your voice.
Lmaooo Instead of coughing, just make it so your microphone output gets really muffled to the point where no one can hear you

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Although this suggestion has gained some traction, I'm going to reject it.
If you look at our perk list, you'll see that they're all defensive/passive perks. Making a weapon more effective against players is inherently offensive. I'm not comfortable with setting that precedent, and it's a big part of why you don't see the triple harpoon upgrade on the server. The only exception I can see in the future is adding the Malfunction Chain perk. As for making this part of the Tear Gas itself, it's a feature that would be really frustrating to new players. From my experience, limiting/impeding a player can frustrate them even more than straight up killing them.

What I'm confused about is why people think the Tear Gas is bad. It's actually more powerful than it was on SGM due to the gradual damage. Plus, the point of Tear Gas is to throw it in a crowd of players and start a chaotic firefight. The Tear Gas itself isn't the weapon, it's the chaos that you can create with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.