Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hi all,
We're going to temporarily shut down the TTT EU and the Minecraft servers while we do some dev overhaul.

TTT EU will be down until the TTT winter event begins on December 3rd, 2021. It will be relaunched as a carbon copy of the NA TTT server (i.e. modded, not lite)
Minecraft will be down until November 24th, 2021 so that we can perform much needed maintenance. There will be a public beta of the new Factions server soon after relaunch.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
1 vanilla 1 modded like???

metallia appericator

Supporter
vanilla ttt or singaporean servers pls

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: veL

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
As soon as modded was launched, Vanilla died immediately and had to be put down. I don't think we'll have the opportunity to have a vanilla server again in Garry's Mod, but it's something we plan to do when S&box comes out.
SO DID EU...THE PEOPLE DEMAND VANILLA AND INSTEAD YOU KILL IT....YOU BUILT EU ON A BURIAL GROUND...THERE IS BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS...

metallia appericator

Supporter
YOU BUILT EU ON A BURIAL GROUND...THERE IS BLOOD ON YOUR HANDS...
Oh boy i love things built on burial grounds! I may have a thing for that!

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
As soon as modded was launched, Vanilla died immediately and had to be put down. I don't think we'll have the opportunity to have a vanilla server again in Garry's Mod, but it's something we plan to do when S&box comes out.
Please don't have two moddeds just have a us vanilla mc for people to play on and just have it be vanilla lol I remember on the original vanilla you were adding stuff like barrel guns which made it not vanilla while I like modded I still think a vanilla is important

Marshal Zuijj

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
SGM's vanilla pop rivaled modded's most of the time, why was this such an issue for AHG's?
just call it vanilla+, only add weapons from cs:s, bring back the vanilla TTT UI, get me to finish mc_western, dump those furry mc maps, and bing bam boom you have a good vanilla server.
i'm not opposed to non-mc maps. could even have a sub-vote system for mc remakes. (if richland gets voted, a secondary vote starts for the original or minecraft version).

also ban any admin that comes onto vanilla to siphon players to modded. usually only drags enough players that both servers end up dying. dumb

• Funny
Reactions: veL

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Please don't have two moddeds just have a us vanilla mc for people to play on and just have it be vanilla lol I remember on the original vanilla you were adding stuff like barrel guns which made it not vanilla while I like modded I still think a vanilla is important
  • We don't have the playerbase to justify two US servers at the moment. We just don't.
  • Even if we had the player base, we're locked in on the EU server until next August. We can't just relocate it to the US. Lite failed, so based on the original EU feedback form back in September, we're trying Modded instead.
  • SGM's Vanilla servers had the harpoon, which also is not vanilla. In fact, it's less vanilla than the barrel gun because the barrel gun uses no custom assets while the harpoon does.
SGM's vanilla pop rivaled modded's most of the time, why was this such an issue for AHG's?
Because most of the people bitching about there being no vanilla server were so busy playing modded that we had to shut down the vanilla server.

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
  • We don't have the playerbase to justify two US servers at the moment. We just don't.
  • Even if we had the player base, we're locked in on the EU server until next August. We can't just relocate it to the US. Lite failed, so based on the original EU feedback form back in September, we're trying Modded instead.
  • SGM's Vanilla servers had the harpoon, which also is not vanilla. In fact, it's less vanilla than the barrel gun because the barrel gun uses no custom assets while the harpoon does.

Because most of the people bitching about there being no vanilla server were so busy playing modded that we had to shut down the vanilla server.
  • literally like 0 attempts were made to repopulate the server lol
  • some staff told players to hop on modded when vanilla had population
  • EU had like no players lol, waste of money and time
  • Vanilla isn't the source of problems
  • Ever think that other servers that aren't AHG, or even the switch from SGM to AHG affected any of this?
Also why until August, did you really expect EU to be an instant hit?

Also doubtful that EU would get any players despite it being modded

give vanilla another chance, the demand of it is visible.

also small rant but that vanilla player shit is unfunny af, so is to the i love rdm and other stupid phrases

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
  • literally like 0 attempts were made to repopulate the server lol
  • some staff told players to hop on modded when vanilla had population
  • EU had like no players lol, waste of money and time
  • Vanilla isn't the source of problems
  • Ever think that other servers that aren't AHG, or even the switch from SGM to AHG affected any of this?
Also why until August, did you really expect EU to be an instant hit?

Also doubtful that EU would get any players despite it being modded

give vanilla another chance, the demand of it is visible.

also small rant but that vanilla player shit is unfunny af, so is to the i love rdm and other stupid phrases
  • A lot of attempts were made to repop Vanilla. When we launched modded, it was like flipping a switch - everyone switched from vanilla to modded. We tried to repop, but the community interest was simply not there.
  • The only time I saw this happen was when it made sense to consolidate the server pops to one server and modded had more players.
  • Kind of an arrogant take - we wanted to start rebuilding the EU playerbase. Best way to do that was to invest in an EU server.
  • Disagree, it's pretty clear that vanilla is much less popular than modded. There's just a very vocal minority that wants it.
  • What does this even mean

Marshal Zuijj

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
in the five months i was AFK, AHG managed to kill my favorite ttt community, my favorite ttt server, and evict all vanilla players from the community.
modded players really did win the war in the end, hate to see it but gg

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
in the five months i was AFK, AHG managed to kill my favorite ttt community, my favorite ttt server, and evict all vanilla players from the community.
the end of an era......

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
To clarify, I'm not against a vanilla server - I just don't think it's likely that we'll ever see enough demand for one during GMod's remaining lifespan (~1 year). The worst thing that can happen to server pop is prematurely releasing a second US server that just ends up splitting pop and killing both servers.

eor

VIP
Legacy
i mean the vanilla server never felt like a vanilla server to begin with imo, from what i remember you guys changed the stats of almost every weapon, with some of the changes drastically affecting the gunplay. the m16 was completely altered and became a whole new gun and the way you'd use it completely changed, you added an auto sniper that was very strong, and reworked a bunch of other shit that prolly should have been left alone. vanilla players like the vanilla guns that's why they play on vanilla servers, messing with stats of every base ttt weapon and adding a large amount of css weapons isn't going to attract the kind of players who are going to stay. shit was doomed from the start, most of the pop was sgm players and those who liked vanilla stopped playing pretty quickly. a lot of the changes you guys made were pretty cool but they were polarizing af to the vanilla community, sgm had a lot of non-vanilla shit but it still felt like a vanilla server, ahg went overboard with all the changes. there's prolly a lot more that can be said about the vanilla server, you had reasons for the changes you made and they were prolly good reasons but regardless the server died and the people from sgm that played on vanilla have pretty much all left, i see more demand for a new vanilla server than the EU server on the forums tho and i think there's more demand for one than you might think in the ttt community as a whole, there's just no good vanilla server being supported by people with the capacity to support one and you could change that in august.