VIP
Legacy
Welcome to AHG :)

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
Welcome to AHG, Hope you enjoy your time here!

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
I can feel the freshness already. Welcome.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Welcome to ahg minty

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
no cap this place will be gone in about a few years so yeah enjoy whatever this community has
Ya know VAC, I take you as a "half glass empty" kind of fella. You get what I mean? Always with the negativity and just killin' my vibe, you're just like my motha' in that aspect. Always killing my hopes and dreams. Like, MOM I WANT TO BE AN ARTIST WHAT DO YOU MEAN I MUST BECOME DOCTOR?!? - Ahem, sorry for such an outburst, as I was saying, I think you gotta really self-reflect on being so negative all the time VAC, it ain't good for your health. Ah, hell, I don't know if I'd call you a half-glass empty kind of fella really. Come to think of it, I think you have a lot more in common with this fella right here.

OR_Gyyfh__Gn35lADK0HMCrrZu_P8LYWysMa6YOzESg.jpg

V.A.C the Relevant

Legacy
Ya know VAC, I take you as a "half glass empty" kind of fella. You get what I mean? Always with the negativity and just killin' my vibe, you're just like my motha' in that aspect. Always killing my hopes and dreams. Like, MOM I WANT TO BE AN ARTIST WHAT DO YOU MEAN I MUST BECOME DOCTOR?!? - Ahem, sorry for such an outburst, as I was saying, I think you gotta really self-reflect on being so negative all the time VAC, it ain't good for your health. Ah, hell, I don't know if I'd call you a half-glass empty kind of fella really. Come to think of it, I think you have a lot more in common with this fella right here.

OR_Gyyfh__Gn35lADK0HMCrrZu_P8LYWysMa6YOzESg.jpg
you say that like that's a bad thing, I can ruin my enemies emotionally and physically if I oh so desire
and even then, what do you know? sgm died because highwon got bored and this community? run by the same people from the same community. Even has a similar name. If you use the same idea with a different name you won't be getting any views or attention, in that case
it should be like the "copy homework and make it different" meme, not just copying the same thing...

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
you say that like that's a bad thing, I can ruin my enemies emotionally and physically if I oh so desire
and even then, what do you know? sgm died because highwon got bored and this community? run by the same people from the same community. Even has a similar name. If you use the same idea with a different name you won't be getting any views or attention, in that case
it should be like the "copy homework and make it different" meme, not just copying the same thing...
I can't tell if you're trolling or if you're serious. For one, we actually have devs to add new content, something we couldn't do back on SGM because Highwon was the only person that could add content to the servers. Also, how tf is "After Hours Gaming" similar to "Serious GMod"??

V.A.C the Relevant

Legacy
how is it similar?
>literally has the same circle and logo at the top, with both being shortened abbreviations of their full name
>literally uses the same forum software (XenForo)
>profile pics, colors of ranks, mostly similar colors to SGM forum (grey and black)

I could go on and on but I have my priorities, and clearly playing a dying game on a failing community is clearly not one of them.
Since you'll be using the same bullshit excuses, I'll end the conversation.

Moleman

Dr Pepper Enthusiast
VIP
Legacy
how is it similar?
>literally has the same circle and logo at the top, with both being shortened abbreviations of their full name
>profile pics, colors of ranks, mostly similar colors to SGM forum (grey and black)

I could go on and on but I have my priorities, and clearly playing a dying game on a failing community is clearly not one of them.
Then leave bro smh

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
Then leave bro smh

It's like having someone yelling to the air about how much they don't like it here and rambling about how they are leaving but everyday they come back again to yell more into the air.

People who actually don't care do not have to keep repeating and reminding you how much they don't really care.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
how is it similar?

So the similarities are: we utilize the handy, fabled "acronym" instead of writing out "After Hours Gaming", and we include a circle in the circular, 256px(?) discord logo.

We actually moved to a whole new iteration of xenforo, a move that was desired for a long time. Xenforo is popular for a reason. Sue us for using the best option, next time we'll make a subreddit.

We have profile pics, and that makes us similar to SGM?

Our ranks are the same... This would be a good point, if it was, y'know, correct. It's not, though.

Yeah you got us on the grey and black color scheme. You might want to get on Twitter, Facebook, Discord, and every other site that uses the ever popular "dark mode" and tell them to stop ripping off SGM as well.

Also, you say it's run by the same people. You're clearly ignorant on this fact, so I'll enlighten you: There is only one person from SGM's lead administration in our lead administration. The rest of our lead administration was either an admin, or simply a player. If you think that admins, or even leads, were "running the community" in SGM in any respect, then you are sorely mistaken.

I could go on, but I have my priorities, and clearly arguing with someone who is transparently thirsty for attention isn't one, so I'll be moving on ;)

Seriously, if you're blowing so much hot air, either quit whining, or leave. Make a stand dude.

Last edited:

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
In reality I don't see why having similarities to SGM is a problem. A lot of things were thought of and designed in such a way to help retain users while the community transitioned. People were more likely to transition to something that is somewhat familiar to them rather than something that seems alien (at that point they'd just go and find another community). Finding a new player base (if we did make huge changes) would be much more difficult than maintaining and trying to grow the older one. With S&Box coming in the future it'd be silly to try and reinvent the wheel in terms of things like in-game content when focus could more easily be put on something that has a much larger potential to grow the community.

Also, Hey Minty - Welcome to the forums!

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
welcome to the forums!