Pending Traitor - Rigging to explode

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
this is a 1 per traitor, 1 use item
you will be weapon you use to Rig an item, the swep will clearly visible so you can be killed if you have it out.
- rig Health station - basically turning it into a death station (no T heal)
- rig corpses - will explode on search
- rig props - will explode on pickup
- rig doors - explode on open

setting a trap off will play an audio cue like maybe 1 or 2 seconds before the boom
the explosive power will be smaller than a jihad

Rigging time can start at 5 seconds, and be reduced with upgrade

to help counter this, detective can buy a detector , this isn't a weapon and will work for the rest of round,
range of the detector will be small with upgrade available

im mainly brain storming at moment so open to ideas

Last edited:

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Very creative idea, but I think this would pose as more of a problem than you think. It would be more powerful than C4 (which has no guarantee to kill anyone). You rig a door that gives access to most of the map? At least 1-2 kills. You rig a unid body? Always 1-2 kills. Rig props? You kill Pierogi. I dont think there is any need to add more distrust into the fabric of the game, at least not this way.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Also moving this to weapons (smh Director)

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
yer the whole being fearful of doing anything that might go boom was my main concern

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
An explosion that deals like 50 damage would be neat, but this idea seems quite flawed.

Blue Subaru

VIP
I'm actually disappointed with the disapproval of this weapon. I think this would be a great tradition. And while some would find it to be annoying, it'd still be very entertaining to everyone witnessing it. +1

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
Honestly I think this would be cool as long as there is the opportunity to react to it IF there is no way of telling it's rigged visually or audibly beforehand. In this case, perhaps on activation a beeping sound plays that gets faster (similar to whatever that hl2 entity that does the same is called) before exploding to give players an audio cue. This way it would be out-maneuverable by sparse groups or single players but effective in large crowds where people can't really bhop out of the way or get around a corner that easily. (Rigging the door next to the pit on inno motel might be an effective example).