Investigating ttt_rooftops_2016_v1 exploit?

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Not sure if it's an exploit but...

The glitch that would let you into the t room on Motel is can be completely replicated on the map.

Not sure if I got ignored or not but I keep on seeing ppl do this and either end up dying or let a ton of people in the t room.

Fix ples

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
Now @Pierogi can correct me on this if Im wrong.

But its been a known glitch for a long time now - It was discovered by @AdriX before he got staff.
And back then only few people knew how the glitch worked, so we just told players that they wouldnt get in trouble as long as they dont interfere with the round income, just like on Inno Motel, as long as you dont just gun down anyone who gets inside the T room, you would be allowed to do it.

Not sure if the unspoken rule, should be changed, now that more people know of the glitch and only still the involved people, from when it was first discovered, may be aware of the unspoken rule.

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
the fact that it’s reproducible on any map the same exact way, i dont agree with “as long as you dont gun down anyone in the T room, you would be allowed to do it”.

the Deathrun server i used to play, the owner would block off broken endings on maps that would crash the server, or just not work on the server. people used this same playermodel hitbox exploit to get in the blocked off endings

1) you’re allowed to exploit as long as you don’t kill the T’s? that just sounds stupid + its delaying, considering being in the T room is traitorous.

2) its a map exploit, i would consider it “unreachable areas”. why should we allow an exploit to only a few people?

3) i cant even imagine how much headaches this could cause for staff when they see other people doing it, and others catching on. then staff will get shit on for letting it happen.
“@WHO LET XYZ IN THE T ROOM, CAN YOU LOOK”
“yeah we just let them exploit”

why can’t people just play the game normally? sure its an easy fix, but if the map is optimized like shit, it will never actually compile for me, so its just extra work. also i dont have access to all the maps atm, but yeah ill fix it whenever i get the chance.

yeah it can be funny, but come on, its straight up worse than “prop flying to unreachable areas”. never-mind the outcome of the round, innos can just kos anybody they see in the T room since its traitorous. sure, i doubt the people who do it really affect the round, but its only a matter of time before everyone starts exploiting

edit: how would you feel if i added stuff to maps only i knew about? T button that gives you 500 credits, its possible. some secret steps to go outside the map? i could just never tell anyone.

Last edited:

Voca

o.o
VIP
Legacy
the fact that it’s reproducible on any map the same exact way, i dont agree with “as long as you dont gun down anyone in the T room, you would be allowed to do it”.

the Deathrun server i used to play, the owner would block off broken endings on maps that would crash the server, or just not work on the server. people used this same playermodel hitbox exploit to get in the blocked off endings

1) you’re allowed to exploit as long as you don’t kill the T’s? that just sounds stupid + its delaying, considering being in the T room is traitorous.

2) its a map exploit, i would consider it “unreachable areas”. why should we allow an exploit to only a few people?

3) i cant even imagine how much headaches this could cause for staff when they see other people doing it, and others catching on. then staff will get shit on for letting it happen.
“@WHO LET XYZ IN THE T ROOM, CAN YOU LOOK”
“yeah we just let them exploit”

why can’t people just play the game normally? sure its an easy fix, but if the map is optimized like shit, it will never actually compile for me, so its just extra work. also i dont have access to all the maps atm, but yeah ill fix it whenever i get the chance.

yeah it can be funny, but come on, its straight up worse than “prop flying to unreachable areas”. never-mind the outcome of the round, innos can just kos anybody they see in the T room since its traitorous. sure, i doubt the people who do it really affect the round, but its only a matter of time before everyone starts exploiting
Now I wouldnt know if its reproducable on any maps, to my knowledge it was only an Issue on Inno Motel and Rooftops, never heard about it being done on any other maps.

I totally get where you are coming from and Agree to most degree with you.

Just back when it was discovered, we didnt have anyone who could or had the time to fix the map issues.

It was on 2 of the servers most favorable maps, and compared to the low amount of players that knew about the exploit and how few times they used it back then, and the amount of times that players would just play the maps normally.
Then temporarily disabling the maps until a fix was made, would be more likely to cause harm, than leaving it be.

---

But if the exploit have become wider spread knowledge, as it sounds like from this thread - then its probably about time that something is done about it.

Besides you know how to edit the map and make a fix for it. We didnt have your aid back then.

Oh yeah and for rooftops, Im pretty sure you can do the same exploit for the other T rooms too, not only the one in the recording.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
It should 100% be fixed. @optimal, I'll add it to the list of map edits for the next big project.

But for now, if someone's doing it just to chill in the T room and not impact the round, don't ban for exploiting or anything like that.

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
It should 100% be fixed. @optimal, I'll add it to the list of map edits for the next big project.

But for now, if someone's doing it just to chill in the T room and not impact the round, don't ban for exploiting or anything like that.
Can we still just warn them? If it doesn't fall in exploiting then what does it fall under?

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Now I wouldnt know if its reproducable on any maps, to my knowledge it was only an Issue on Inno Motel and Rooftops, never heard about it being done on any other maps.
the exploit will work/exists on any map with a teleport trigger up against an 8 unit wall. this was the problem with innomotel before:
2jIFzmr.png

tbh t rooms are just bad map design, such a cheap way to add interactivity.

edit: the reason why we can't have this is probably because the engine makes your playermodel hitbox t-pose, then goes to correct positioning. was never an issue on sgm i think, because you couldn't change your playermodel during the round, maybe im misremembering.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
;-; who told everyone how to aboose my fun trick....

Disabling change skin wont help since people can just do the glitch in pre round.

Most maps that we have the teleport are either blocked off by a thick wall or are in a unreachable location... motel and rooftops were the only exceptions to this so far.

If optimal has access to the maps. Wouldnt moving the teleporter a little forward fix the issue? Or make the walls there a bit thicker

Also.. the glitch doesnt work with every single skin only certain skins can trigger the glitch.. I cant remember the list of all the skins that can trigger it.