Rejected ttt_troubleisland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

j3kawesome

thick in the thighs, but thicker in the head
Administrator
Prestigious
Legacy
I am just curious if you play tested the map at all? What were your thoughts on it?

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Looks cool, but it should be play tested to see how it actually feels

Vent Xekart

VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Looks cool, but it should be play tested to see how it actually feels
Is it possible to playtest it on the servers or not?

Also, I forgot to mention this map is by the same author of ttt_oldruins and ttt_rpgvillage.

Titan

Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Is it possible to playtest it on the servers or not?

Also, I forgot to mention this map is by the same author of ttt_oldruins and ttt_rpgvillage.
nah, not on live servers at least.

best to load it up in single-player with bots

Titan

Administrator
VIP
Legacy
I might be able to do that on my end but should I record a couple matches with bots or not?
Just drop your observations, how it performs, how practical it is, size, t traps, testers, etc

Vent Xekart

VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Just for the record I'd like to ask this: Are bots for TTT really supposed to be derpy or not? The reason I'm asking is because during the first round of testing bots either stayed in one place spinning around or drowned themselves. The rounds after that one they either stayed in one place or aimlessly wandered around parts of the map.

Anyway, here are the traps I've observed:
-There's a inactive fireplace players can walk through, a trap turns it on and burns players. It is also reusable oddly enough.
-Nearby there is a rickety old platform that has a trap which collapses it and drops players down to their deaths and props onto anyone unlucky enough to be underneath the platform itself. Only usable once per round.
-There is an outhouse that can be triggered to explode by Ts. It did significant AOE damage to the few bots standing near it. Once again, this one only is usable once per round.
-The two teleporters have traitor traps in them that activate for thirty seconds. Pretty much it kills player(s) by teleporting them into the sky to drop from a deadly height. Both are reusable after 60 seconds.
-There is also a trap in the boathouse near spawn that when triggered will electrify the area of water inside the actual building. Seems to only be usable once per round.

In terms of the maps size, it seems to be able to fit 31 bots (and myself) without any issues (minus the actual behavior of the bots themselves) and there is plenty of room to explore and move around in-game.

Lastly there aren't any traitor testers on the map. I checked the description of the map on the workshop and it doesn't list it. I also went into sandbox and noclipped around to see if I could find one but I didn't find one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.