Rejected Two Ways to Improve Spectator Deathmatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
In my opinion, spectator deathmatch is boring but could easily have two small changes to at least improve it somewhat.

These are:

1. Increase ammo size for all guns, if not max the ammo out.
I've played multiple rounds of spec dm where eventually I just run out of ammo and either just try to fuck around or let myself die. If it's possible to increase ammo, I don't see what harm it does. It only adds to the gameplay.

2. Remove fall damage.
I've suggested this before. But on some maps there are many vertical levels that must be crossed before you can engage in combat. To have to worry about fall dmg, when you are already dead and in spec dm, is so mind numbingly annoying that it should be removed. The kills and deaths in spec dm do not matter in the slightest. Just remove fall dmg as to allow players in spec dm to reach combat faster.

-Overall, I'd say any gameplay mechanics that allow players to stay in combat longer and get to combat faster are ways to make spec dm more fun. Hell, I'd even say we should add in player boosts based on killstreaks, but I don't have anything thought out enough to suggest.

Please make spec dm worth having on the server.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

V.A.C the Relevant

Legacy
One guy made a post about ghost deathmatch now it's just being flooded with either
"improve ghost deathmatch"
"make slain spectators able to join ghost dm"

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
One guy made a post about ghost deathmatch now it's just being flooded with either
"improve ghost deathmatch"
"make slain spectators able to join ghost dm"

I mean, yes, but I genuinely do thing these two changes would improve spec dm.

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Just give me the ability to choose a load out, or at the very least let my killbind work. I'm so tired of getting a glock and aug.

TragicMagic

junior junior senior lead admin
VIP
Just give me the ability to choose a load out
Already a thing in F1. It's alright buddy even the best admins have smooth brain moments I still love you.

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
Already a thing in F1. It's alright buddy even the best admins have smooth brain moments I still love you.

I never knew that feature existed at all. For all the reminders and announcements we have automatically going on the server itself, the existence of loadouts in F1 should be one of them.

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
You should be pressing f1 every time you join the server to remind you of the rules anyway buddy

I should RDM you for just suggesting something as stupid as "reading the rules." Listen bub, if I can be moderator and enforce rules without having ever read them, I can play the game too without ever needing to read them.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Bub

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
im going to de rail this conversation...

You're entire being can be summarized as just one big derail. It's honestly impressive.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Hows this sound
  • Allow max ammo for weapons. You will still need to relod but you will have an infinite ammo supply to reload with
  • No fall damage. If you get stuck in a part of the map which doesn't kill you, you can do something like !dmrespawn which will respawn you in spec dm

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
Hows this sound
  • Allow max ammo for weapons. You will still need to relod but you will have an infinite ammo supply to reload with
  • No fall damage. If you get stuck in a part of the map which doesn't kill you, you can do something like !dmrespawn which will respawn you in spec dm

I think implementing both the way you described sound great.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
SpecDM has been removed, so this will be rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.