Finished Vanilla vs. Modded

Which of the following best describes you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Halen

VIP
Legacy
Very happy to see *mostly* sensible responses. Only reason someone should pick vanilla over modded is if they are underage and have no way to buy the valve complete pack to get textures for modded maps and items.

Lunar

8:00 PM
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Very happy to see *mostly* sensible responses. Only reason someone should pick vanilla over modded is if they are underage and have no way to buy the valve complete pack to get textures for modded maps and items.
lil buddy doesn't know what they're talking about, just look at the reactions :ROFLMAO:

log off bro, ur an embarrassment 🤫

burger king

Cheeseburger; No Pickle, Extra Mayo
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
your gay,

images

Soccer-Fail-Fork-Party_original.jpg

Wolly

Vanilla is more your speed.
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Vanilla small brain

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
this poll is worthless anyways. vanilla player base was left hanging out to dry for two years, shouldn't have expected anything other than a heavy modded bias in it's results.
personally didn't even know the server was up til a couple days ago smh
I'm using this poll to gauge how long to keep only vanilla up. So far, the responses to this poll have indicated to me that it is too early to bring back modded, since we don't have a strong enough dedicated playerbase for vanilla.

tz-

VIP
Legacy
we gotta get a way to incentivize new players to stay on both modded and vanilla

we get random players a lot on vanilla but there really isnt any reason for them to come back like a 3rd or 4th time when other servers can give them access to stuff in the pointshop and inventory right away

also its rough to try and get players on the server when we really only have the server repopped for a few hours in the NA evening lol

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
I’ve only been playing on vanilla cause it’s the only option available atm. If both vanilla and modded servers had good pop I would most likely choose to play modded over vanilla. The only reasons I can think of to play on vanilla would be: 1. if vanilla has specific players I want to play with, 2. modded is down for maintenance or it crashed, 3. modded is full, or 4. modded had no mods on. I agree with Halen/Apeshit Larry, I don’t understand why a player, if given the choice between the modded and vanilla server, would choose to play on the vanilla server. I could see why players that don’t have the textures downloaded or the games installed would, but if they have those, what makes a player want to play on vanilla over modded, beyond just a preference for minecraft maps?

Last edited:

Everlong

VIP
I’ve only been playing on vanilla cause it’s the only option available atm. If both vanilla and modded servers had good pop I would most likely choose to play modded over vanilla. The only reasons I can think of to play on vanilla would be: 1. if on vanilla has specific players I want to play with, 2. modded is down for maintenance or it crashed, 3. modded is full, or 4. modded had no mods on. I agree with Halen/Apeshit Larry, I don’t understand why a player, if given the choice between the modded and vanilla server, would choose to play on the vanilla server. I could see why players that don’t have the textures downloaded or the games installed would, but if they have those, what makes a player want to play on vanilla over modded, beyond just a preference for minecraft maps?
I have the same feelings. You can't get as creative with strategies on vanilla due to a lack of options. We don't even have death stations ins vanilla. I also prefer modded's personalization with skins and all.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
You can't get as creative with strategies on vanilla due to a lack of options.
I think its the opposite case, limits breed creativity sort of thing. Since there's less focus on the guns/t weapons it pushes people to focus more on strategies revolving around communication. To me the interesting plays that make this game fun are players tricking/lying to each other. You can trick people on modded for sure, but it isn't as an essential part of the game as it is on vanilla (why trick someone you can 1 shot?). Modded rounds are often faster, and people are quick to kill, which to me takes away from the communication/strategizing aspect, which is why I play this over CSGO or any other shooter. A lot of people play this game just to run around and kill people fast as possible, fair enough, just feels like vanilla has less of those people and more of the high-energy mind-game guys.

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
I’ve only been playing on vanilla cause it’s the only option available atm. If both vanilla and modded servers had good pop I would most likely choose to play modded over vanilla. The only reasons I can think of to play on vanilla would be: 1. if on vanilla has specific players I want to play with, 2. modded is down for maintenance or it crashed, 3. modded is full, or 4. modded had no mods on. I agree with Halen/Apeshit Larry, I don’t understand why a player, if given the choice between the modded and vanilla server, would choose to play on the vanilla server. I could see why players that don’t have the textures downloaded or the games installed would, but if they have those, what makes a player want to play on vanilla over modded, beyond just a preference for minecraft maps?
Some of my personal reasons why I choose vanilla over modded:
1. My pc and laptop run so much faster on vanilla so I can get better gameplay on that server.
2. Less OP weapons that let people run around and one tap people as fast as possible. This leads to people being more reliant on stealth and tricks to win the round, which was the original point of the game.
3. Simplicity. When I explore other servers, I don't like to come to a modded server, where people who already spent a lot of time on the server bought perks that pretty much let them dominate the game (e.g. velk.ca has some sort of jetpacks that people with a lot of points can buy. This let's them to pretty much fly off wherever they want over the new player who doesn't have the same advantage). Vanilla pretty much makes it equal for everyone.
4. Vanilla servers are great for newcommers, as they feel in a better enviroment to meet a new community. And who knows, if they like it, they might stay and check out modded as well.

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I was kind of surprised to see a Vanilla server come back to be honest. I don't know if as a community right now its really sustainable - currently without a modded server its forced to be populated. Realistically concern should be given to if keeping modded down longer than is necessary could be detrimental.
I don't know what considerations have actually happened with the server but for the transitionary period when modded reopens - it might be worth considering cycling content and treating the server as Semi-Nilla (It already is to some degree). What if for example 2 T tools/weapons and one new weapon were cycled in each month - perhaps as a test for modded. The limited quantity would help maintain the servers integrity somewhat as a vanilla server while players from modded would join to test the new things.

Guerrilla Gamer

VIP
Legacy
Some of my personal reasons why I choose vanilla over modded:
1. My pc and laptop run so much faster on vanilla so I can get better gameplay on that server.
2. Less OP weapons that let people run around and one tap people as fast as possible. This leads to people being more reliant on stealth and tricks to win the round, which was the original point of the game.
3. Simplicity. When I explore other servers, I don't like to come to a modded server, where people who already spent a lot of time on the server bought perks that pretty much let them dominate the game (e.g. velk.ca has some sort of jetpacks that people with a lot of points can buy. This let's them to pretty much fly off wherever they want over the new player who doesn't have the same advantage). Vanilla pretty much makes it equal for everyone.
4. Vanilla servers are great for newcommers, as they feel in a better enviroment to meet a new community. And who knows, if they like it, they might stay and check out modded as well.
1. Fair enough, understandable.
2. Right now that’s not the case, as the AK on vanilla is OP. But I think we both agree that both vanilla and modded could use some weapon rebalancing.
3. Fair enough, understandable. I personally like all the perks and extra content on modded AHG. I didn’t consider that some players may not like their inclusion.
4. 100% agree with ya there.

Everlong

VIP
I think its the opposite case, limits breed creativity sort of thing. Since there's less focus on the guns/t weapons it pushes people to focus more on strategies revolving around communication. To me the interesting plays that make this game fun are players tricking/lying to each other. You can trick people on modded for sure, but it isn't as an essential part of the game as it is on vanilla (why trick someone you can 1 shot?). Modded rounds are often faster, and people are quick to kill, which to me takes away from the communication/strategizing aspect, which is why I play this over CSGO or any other shooter. A lot of people play this game just to run around and kill people fast as possible, fair enough, just feels like vanilla has less of those people and more of the high-energy mind-game guys.
I don’t think you can strategize well when your team usually does its own thing. I do love when those plans come together though.

Marshal Zuijj

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i like vanilla over modded because i fucking hate gimmick items and custom player models. and modded servers survive on random bullshit gimmick traitor items, and dogshit player models. i prefer the game the way i fell in love with it back in 2010.
i'd take normal maps over minecraft maps any day of the week though, without question.

Status
Not open for further replies.