Solved Voting Player Icons get big

Status
Not open for further replies.

CodingMachine

VIP
Legacy
[_ahg_core] addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229: attempt to index field 'votersContainer' (a nil value) 1. UpdateVoters - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229 2. func - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:359 3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32 (x4) [_ahg_core] addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229: attempt to index field 'votersContainer' (a nil value) 1. UpdateVoters - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229 2. func - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:359 3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32 (x2)

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
[_ahg_core] addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229: attempt to index field 'votersContainer' (a nil value) 1. UpdateVoters - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229 2. func - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:359 3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32 (x4) [_ahg_core] addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229: attempt to index field 'votersContainer' (a nil value) 1. UpdateVoters - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:229 2. func - addons/_ahg_core/lua/ahg/mapvote/cl_mapvote.lua:359 3. unknown - lua/includes/extensions/net.lua:32 (x2)
This happens when it tries referencing a player which does not exist. The error happens less often since an update I did about a month ago but still seems to happen. I'll look into this

iii

Legacy
This happens when it tries referencing a player which does not exist. The error happens less often since an update I did about a month ago but still seems to happen. I'll look into this
Actually, and I'm not sure if this is how it happened with CodingMachine, this happens if you reopened the vote screen by typing !rtv in chat, no matter if people left or not.
I also didn't vote any of the options, but I don't think that matters:

969vn3q.png

What I THINK is happening is this:
- When you close and reopen the map vote screen with !rtv, the field 'votersContainer', wherever that happens to be, stops existing.
*** note that the error is saying that votersContainer is a nil value, not whatever is being indexed into it, which means that either the field doesn't exist, or you tried to access the field in the wrong thing and it defaulted to a nil value. ***

- When another player votes or changes their vote, the code receives that and then tries to use something in the votersContainer, which contains nothing, as it's nil.
*** this appears to happen in the UpdateVoters function, that's why I'm guessing that the error happens when someone votes or changes their vote ***

- i.e. I think either the reopen function when you type !rtv is not restoring all it should or the close function when you close the panel is deleting more than it should.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
Actually, and I'm not sure if this is how it happened with CodingMachine, this happens if you reopened the vote screen by typing !rtv in chat, no matter if people left or not.
I also didn't vote any of the options, but I don't think that matters:

969vn3q.png

What I THINK is happening is this:
- When you close and reopen the map vote screen with !rtv, the field 'votersContainer', wherever that happens to be, stops existing.
*** note that the error is saying that votersContainer is a nil value, not whatever is being indexed into it, which means that either the field doesn't exist, or you tried to access the field in the wrong thing and it defaulted to a nil value. ***

- When another player votes or changes their vote, the code receives that and then tries to use something in the votersContainer, which contains nothing, as it's nil.
*** this appears to happen in the UpdateVoters function, that's why I'm guessing that the error happens when someone votes or changes their vote ***

- i.e. I think either the reopen function when you type !rtv is not restoring all it should or the close function when you close the panel is deleting more than it should.
Thanks for this, I'll do some testing regarding this to replicate the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.