Rejected Weighted Traitor Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elvis

TheHoundDogs
Legacy
Have you ever felt like its been maps since youve been traitor? That could be because the Traitor picking algorithm just isnt in your favor. So I introduce the Weighted Traitor Selection addon! With this addon itll allow players to have a fair chance of getting traitor per map and even scaling across maps.

Description pulled from GitHub

"This addon allows players to become traitors fairly and allow the entire server to enjoy being traitor more often. With this addon the longer you go with out being a traitor the higher chance you have at becoming traitor, this also includes between map changes. This may sound like you could determine who the traitor is; however, the algorithm is non-deterministic making it practically impossible to deduce who the current traitors may be."

I want to bring emphasis on the last sentence. I was thinking the same thing when I first read through this addon and it all seems well thought out and planned. While you may have a much greater chance of being traitor than the other guy, it doesnt always mean you will be the traitor the following round(s). Could be a good addon to add to allow all players to indulge in the fun of being traitor.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Ainoyu Yunomi

✘o ✘o
VIP
Legacy
+1 for me since I can feel the pain of not getting traitor for couple maps straight.
However, I'm curious to see whether and how does it calculate the people buying t round from the pointshop.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
Would there be a way to turn down my chances of getting t

Timo654

Legacy
wouldn't it make it easier to guess who's a traitor though? like, getting traitor 3 times in a row will definitely be less likely now
and if someone hasn't gotten traitor in a while, people would be suspicious about them

Togo

Legacy
Nah this shit ain't dog. In poker, if a player is running unlucky and card dead he doesn't wait a certain bit, and his luck turns on because he has been unlucky. Luck is luck, sometimes you get dealt traitor 4 times a map sometimes you have to wait a while that's how luck works. Everyone who plays 1000 rounds will have the same traitor % (If you exclude buying T or Detective, or selecting not to be selected as a traitor) . You shouldn't spoonfeed someone better odds to some who hasn't been that lucky persay during a certain span of time because in the long term everything will balance out so everyone has the same traitor % , that's just how RNG and odds works.

My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Kachow
Developer
VIP
Legacy
This throws off the natural balance of the gamemode. I've had reservations about allowing people to buy traitor/detective from the Inventory Shop but I didn't want to remove it due to the many people coming from SGM. Sure it may be cheating the algorithm a little, but the same percentage of people will get traitor + the people who bought traitor. This however is throwing off the natural balance of the algorithm, possibly kicking someone out of a possible traitor round by increasing the odds for someone.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
I prefer the chaotic but fair odds of the current system. Sometimes it sucks, other times you get traitor three rounds in a row. It's all fair in the end.

Temar

Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
I don't like the idea of manipulating selection, right now it is fair, its a 1 in 4 chance, and its that simple, after that its just luck
manipulating selection to help those that are unlucky will essentially reduce chance of those that were just T, so the whole "I was a T last round so unlikely T this round" becomes more true

Status
Not open for further replies.