Answered what is the point of the forgiven option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack$on

Paris
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
What's the fuck is the point in having a forgiven option if staff slay anyway. I really don't see the point. Should just be like SGM had it. Where the person who reports you tells the staff they forgave you. Rather than having staff just "forget" the person forgave you. Know, I know some staff members are good at remembering when someone has forgiven you or not.

However, if mods and admins have discretion, according to mr k9 "Captain K9 to You: there is admin and mod discretion at play too, though forgiveness factors in, in some cases Captain K9 to You: depends". why even have it in the first place if they can ultimately decide if you get slayed or not. so, whats the point of having the forgiven option?

Let's say mods and admins just focus on the forgiven option, what happens when they "forget" about the forgiven kill? For example, "danstorm to You: i sometimes forget about those, sorry" and you just end up getting slain for it.

If anyone could please Clear this up for me that would be nice.

Quick note: im not trying to shit on danstorm or k9 here. It was just a good example for me to use to ask the question.

Solution
Staff can deny forgiveness for any reason. The biggest reason would be if your forgiven rdm caused an rdm chain, that is mostly the only time staff deny forgiveness. As for the scene you mentioned above, I said I'm sorry, I didnt see Banana's forgiveness, I was doing a report from last map as well so it went pass my mind. As far as I remember, no one mentioned this until it was already too late.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
If you lie in a response and they forgive you for it, you still get slain. If you mass RDMed and they forgive you for it, you get slain. Every report still gets looked into; even if you forgive them. If it's just RDM you'll most likely not get slain. But if it was a toxic RDM or whatever staff may decide to still slay you.

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
Staff can deny forgiveness for any reason. The biggest reason would be if your forgiven rdm caused an rdm chain, that is mostly the only time staff deny forgiveness. As for the scene you mentioned above, I said I'm sorry, I didnt see Banana's forgiveness, I was doing a report from last map as well so it went pass my mind. As far as I remember, no one mentioned this until it was already too late.

Solution

jack$on

Paris
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
If you lie in a response and they forgive you for it, you still get slain. If you mass RDMed and they forgive you for it, you get slain. Every report still gets looked into; even if you forgive them. If it's just RDM you'll most likely not get slain. But if it was a toxic RDM or whatever staff may decide to still slay you.
hm, feel like it would just be better off if the person who reported told the staff they forgave the person. instead of people just forgetting about the forgiven option. I hear you on the mass rdm, toxic, and lying part. I just feel like there is no point in forgiving if staff still decide to slay no matter what situation. However, you answered it pretty well. I guess it's just gonna be like this to matter what. whoever checks these you can mark it as answered. Thanks @Yellöw for the answer.

jack$on

Paris
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i know, i was just wondering about it. Didn't mean to like be rude to you or anything like that.

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Like dan and yellow said, staff have discretion to deny forgiveness for any reason; however, most of us are not that much of assholes. We usually only deny forgiveness if there was some sort of toxicity or blatant disregard for rules involved. I will admit that I, too, miss the little forgiveness checkmark in the RDM manager sometimes. Maybe we should implement a feature that automatically sends a message to admin chat saying they forgive, that way it's harder to miss. It's definitely something worth considering.

Feel free to PM any one of us if you have any further inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.