why overthrow the captain when you can just revamp the heirarchy

green county health dept

Legacy
Now you listen, that is not what Pauly said just then. He said he wasn't going to read all thissss shit posted here. In no way does that correlate to him not thoroughly thinking things through. I mean, if you play with this guy he's kind of like a machine, almost Terminator, just... casually walking about the map as if with no purpose, but oh boy you'd be wrong again. In a way, he reminds of reigning world chess champion Magnus Carlsen. Always 30 steps ahead of everyone and right before you know it, you're ensnared.
If he won’t read the aftermath of something he signed, why would you assume he would read the thing he signed? I’m guilty of not reading terms and conditions, it’s in the world of possibilities

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
If he won’t read the aftermath of something he signed, why would you assume he would read the thing he signed? I’m guilty of not reading terms and conditions, it’s in the world of possibilities

"World of possibilities." Not with this man.

The Muffinman

I got cake on dat muffin
VIP
Legacy

The Muffinman

I got cake on dat muffin
VIP
Legacy
Why did you sign the document? How did you feel how jabba failed you at your current role? Do you think the document sums up the position you were put in fairly, or are there things missing that need to be said?
So I will be as transparent as possible with my reply as I can. I signed the document because there were a few things that I did agree with to a point. The ones I knew about and agreed with were the inactivity, staff meetings and the MC dev portions. On the other hand of those situation I do understand why he was AFK for a long while but again still doesn't dismiss the fact he wasn't on a lot and was not there as much when needed. The staff meetings is a really hard one because we have both EU and NA there really isn't a good time to get everyone together in one spot, we all have lives and work so making it happen in the week or less notice we had is a challenge of it own. The MC portion I agree with mainly because bringing in an outsider who is not apart of the community and doesn't have the support of the staff team is just a bad idea. Also we had people who were volunteering to do dev work within the community and to over look them really isn't ok.

Now for the CR portion, I feel like there was a lot that was not said and A LOT that was said on my behalf that shouldn't have been. I was let down on the aspect that there was not a lot of communication on the role and what the responsibilities were so I had to piece together and figure out a lot of it. This also falls on Ryan, Pierogi and Logan for the fact that it was my understanding that the CR team was the child of Logan and Pierogi back on SGM before AHG was a thing. I will also state that all of them were there with me in trying to figure shit out and get it to a point of where things were set in stone for what my teams responsibility was. As for my Ideas being shot down well, No that never really happened. Most of the ideas I had for my team were just that, for my team and no one else so when I implemented things like more game night activity and being seen more on all the platforms that is what they did. For him dumping personal tasks on me well really there was only one and I was confused my it was given to me but none the less I said I would help out where I could because I'm just a nice dude lol.

As stated before there were a lot of things that I did not see or was lead+ information. The entire Hyper fixation section and GSU section I had zero Idea of, GSU is all lead+ so I had no clue of any of that till it was posted. One thing I didn't agree with that Jabba wanted to do was the personality test so I agree with that one. Another thing I will say it that I was not made aware of the doc until like 2am the day it was posted and I had just worked a 12 hour shift so I wasn't really in the mood to go through it all but what I was told about I did agree with.

green county health dept

Legacy
Thanks Muffin, that adds a lot of clarity to the CR situation. I have a feeling most of the staff can really speak volumes to both his inactivity/the lack of coordination that went towards the grand old meetings.
The staff meetings is a really hard one because we have both EU and NA there really isn't a good time to get everyone together in one spot, we all have lives and work so making it happen in the week or less notice we had is a challenge of it own. The MC portion I agree with mainly because bringing in an outsider who is not apart of the community and doesn't have the support of the staff team is just a bad idea. Also we had people who were volunteering to do dev work within the community and to over look them really isn't ok.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a living nightmare to coordinate everyone into one big meeting like what we used to do.

Looking at the staff structure of AHG... even if you got 4 lead admins and 3 owners, that sounds like a headache getting them all on the same page. I recall it being a huge fucking mess trying to get everyone on the same page in the lead administration with just 5 total leadership roles, 7 adds two more levels of complexity to that structure. For big issues, it'll take that leadership core a longer time to come around to a decision of any sort.

Add in 11 more admin voices, and you got an 18 person administration meeting (if you are doing those, or doing them informally), which also can get...... heated depending on what's being discussed and often topics of discussion get lost in the cracks

Add in 25 mods (fun fact, there's roughly 3.5 mods for every leadership role) and you get total fucking chaos. You are trying to make these people heard and figure out what issues plague the community, and what ideas they have. With all these lead admins... why not just delegate out the issue meetings in a form that makes it kind of like

EU Staff Meeting (2 leads, however many admins are EU, EU mods)

NA Staff Meeting (2 leads, how every admins are NA, NA mods)

Leadership/Admin meeting/debriefing of the last two

Have admins/leads take notes for both meetings and bring it all to one big leadership/administration meeting that would be easier to coordinate and go have an agenda of issues to talk about with the big boys. It might not seem fun for the mods to take a step away from the decision making that sometimes happen at this meetings, but those can be repurposed elsewhere, or their admin can act as their representative. There's no need for many issues to slip through the cracks and fester when the lead admins/admins themselves can grab an agenda of topics from their respective teams, talk about it once, and bring it to the big boys. Otherwise it gets drowned out in the wall of text a 40 person discord meeting can be anyways lol

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
Why would I still have involvement in the community? I resigned. It doesn't mean I dont still look things up etc. Since resigning I've probably dm'd at least 40 alts to various staff to handle since other people dont seem to care and while im not "involved" I still have some level of care for the community. I'm aware you took a week to finish a report that shouldn't take anywhere near a week to finish. Do you expect me to be aware of your private reports?
The second point is hilarious. You were my lead admin. My Job isn't to talk to you, its for you to talk to me. You didn't consistently work on MC, and I did not not reply to you, there was one point where I was on a week break? When we did reach out for help etc we got no response. Both me and Spite Consistently had to deal with asking where is lordy? What is our end goal here? We need somebody to help steer the ship, where is lordy? Yes you built some areas at some point and honestly they were great but that is probably the only real thing of note I can think of. All the while I've had to listen to constant staff be annoyed, strike and taking a break because of the lack of direction. I wasn't here to steer the ship, that wasn't my job and I wasn't going to involve myself in something above my role.

Isolated? My Own lead admin wouldn't even message me. What the hell are you on about? Yes I was down and immensely upset, but I kept on going because I didn't want to leave the community in the lurch on something that had been promised. I made full documents to help with the transition from SGM and didn't even get a response.

Alts - Again no idea what you are on about. God I'm so sorry lordy that I told people how to find alts and I helped provide the alts to the community. I'm sure you are going to keep up with all the alts now right? Just like the one that was left for two weeks. I'm so sorry that some other staff members have come across these details but chosen not to do anything with them.

Your comment about friends is pretty funny to me. I've had a conversation with Pierogi today where he indicated he did not know about various past events and was fairly surprised about them. Why would you not tell him about those events? It was universally agreed within the staff team at the time not to pick certain people up. We later agreed we might consider them but they would never get a position above senior admin.

I'm glad you are sharing private report information with non staff. I wonder what else you have been sharing. I don't know what you expect to prove other than me telling you people are being straight to your face.

Me not accepting an invite back to a discord has nothing to do with anything. I used to be very friendly with you and I don't mind being on good terms with you again or whatever.

If I wanted to actually report you or gave enough of a shit I would of made a formal report at the time. What pushed me over the edge is that you've objectively been in a similar situation to Jabba through most of this and yet you agree that he should resign? Its completely hypocritical. If you are calling for him to resign, why shouldn't you and why aren't others calling for it? You were arguably worse for a more substantial period of time?

Also lmao we just airing our beef now :d

I said it to you three years ago, and I'll say it again; you're a mirror image of myself right down to the firing neurons. Arguing every line and sentence and yet somehow still missing the point, just as I did in my sleep-deprived state last night: I changed, from three years ago, two years, 8 months, last week, but despite constant voices of grievances over many many many attempts Jabba had not changed and certainly had not changed direction, and That is why I signed the document.

I make it no secret that I never aspired for lead, admin sure, but when I took up the mantle I made it known that every step would be a learning step, and so I learnt. MC had no leadership and none of us had any experience so it was, as you say, a dead end as far as progress was concerned. So, I agreed to be MC lead so that you could at least get a 'yes' when you came to leadership with things. That's all, that's what I said to spite and you, and I never said I would do anything more with the role while we were building and I sorted my life out. Logan is what MC needed, not me, and that's why I'm immensely proud of him.

It's not hypocritical, it's just different.

And I'm sorry about airing beef as it were, as I say I was sleep-deprived and adrenaline fuelled helping with leadership with the transition. It's a mistake I've not made in a long long time, cause sure enough, I took steps to make sure I wouldn't be in such situations and this was an exception, I'm sorry.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
i should correct myself, it was objectively funny...
Some act like they signed the declaration of independence and King George himself was coming down to behead them.

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I said it to you three years ago, and I'll say it again; you're a mirror image of myself right down to the firing neurons. Arguing every line and sentence and yet somehow still missing the point, just as I did in my sleep-deprived state last night: I changed, from three years ago, two years, 8 months, last week, but despite constant voices of grievances over many many many attempts Jabba had not changed and certainly had not changed direction, and That is why I signed the document.

I make it no secret that I never aspired for lead, admin sure, but when I took up the mantle I made it known that every step would be a learning step, and so I learnt. MC had no leadership and none of us had any experience so it was, as you say, a dead end as far as progress was concerned. So, I agreed to be MC lead so that you could at least get a 'yes' when you came to leadership with things. That's all, that's what I said to spite and you, and I never said I would do anything more with the role while we were building and I sorted my life out. Logan is what MC needed, not me, and that's why I'm immensely proud of him.

It's not hypocritical, it's just different.

And I'm sorry about airing beef as it were, as I say I was sleep-deprived and adrenaline fuelled helping with leadership with the transition. It's a mistake I've not made in a long long time, cause sure enough, I took steps to make sure I wouldn't be in such situations and this was an exception, I'm sorry.

I don't think were alike like you think. Maybe we have some similar methodologies but that is where it ends. I don't necessarily agree with you but does this mean you didn't agree with all of the points in the document? I know you didn't write the post but I don't understand why Jabba needed to get read for filth when really all you needed to say is: "Jabba can be hard headed and we don't think he's is the best person to lead the community going forward" alongside names of those who agree. I'd really be curious to know who actually agrees with what points. If you needed to, threaten resignations like a lot of ya's did to amplify the point. Some of the points of the report really were just silly or over the top and I think a lot of you know that. It really just was so unneeded and in no way do I believe that most of the people that signed agreed with all those points.

I hope Logan does well. I mean I think we both recognize that we probably weren't the best people to be working on MC and neither of us really wanted to do it long term lmao.

It depends what you mean and what points you agree with. If you give off the perception of being a united front against Jabba on all points - can you really argue you weren't? Looking through the imgur on the report, people like Agent A chose to clarify what they meant and what they agree with. Kythol chose to clarify, Ryan and Panda (+maybe a few others).

You don't need to apologize for beef lol. At least its something entertaining.

green county health dept

Legacy
It depends what you mean and what points you agree with. If you give off the perception of being a united front against Jabba on all points - can you really argue you weren't? Looking through the imgur on the report, people like Agent A chose to clarify what they meant and what they agree with. Kythol chose to clarify, Ryan and Panda (+maybe a few others).
I counted five clarifications, including pacis post on this thread. A lot of the points are over amplified for dramatic effect and relatability to the most of the team to get a signature resignation strong arm majority, even though the points they could relate with are minor inconveniences and short comings of the entire leadership.

If I had to guess, the alarms weren’t being sounded because Muffin was being misguided or the meetings were short notice, I’m guessing it’s something that was understated with the monetization or legal side of things, who fucking knows