why overthrow the captain when you can just revamp the heirarchy

green county health dept

Legacy
To preface this thread, ive been watching too many CCP Grey Videos lately, here's a fun bunch

Change of captain has been called for, whether forcefully or reluctantly. The shipmates are eager, penned their signatures in blood, and have forged the steel. The captain is on the plank, and he can either go down swinging, or give his crew what he pleases and slowly fade into irrelevance.

That was a fun "report" to read. I'm glad it was all done externally so the community can gaze at it's glory and see that the crew didn't consider a lesser negotiation, they went straight for his head. Ya'll made this public, and it can go a few ways. I think compromising and delegating is the best way forward if you don't want to kiss your sister.

Currently, there's no fancy buzzword associated with each of the directors, they are all just listed as "director" and one would assume each of them have equal control over whatever they do, and share the duties and perform them uniformly. We all know that aint happening with that report being a thing. Someone's getting the short end of the stick, and as a result, sad feelings are being had.

Highwon lasted so long with SGM since he let the Lead Admin's handle the people side of things for the most part. The staff team, the mundane reports, meeting management, anything but legal issues, money money money, and ability to upload content up on the servers he delegated out. Highwon wasn't perfect though. He was often inactive and disconnected from the community, maybe as a result of former actions or maybe as a result of how he delegated things.

We don't want a Highwon. We don't want the current situation ya'll are dealing with. We want that has everyone contributing in fair manner, while giving them the opportunity not to give their life to a garry's mod community if the work life balance gets a little hectic for a week.

A lot of the concerns stem from people/staff facing decisions. Here's a quick list: meeting arrangement, ban decisions, whatever community guy was, the staff personality test (do astrology as well tbh), and the disturbing content thing.

Another fair bit of the concerns stem from content additions. Disboard and MC Development fall into this category.

The last bit comes from money money money legal issues money money money. Police Reports, and all that monetization stuff falls into here.

If you want to split duties (whether externally or internally), those categories are good ways to start, the money thing he seems to be doing well at considering you have servers, there's no embezzlement, and there's no threats of leaking SSNs. Making legal issues handled as a team isn't a bad idea either.

im not unblocking the captain on discord btw

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
watch the videos if you can't read you fucking cuckadoodledoo of a guy, i've seen bigger studs on my 2nd grade pe kickball team

He said too long no read and you send him too long too watch lol

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy
Does it matter who he is? He stated his opinion and you can judge him based off that
Don't take anything I say seriously lol. Unless I am being serious. You'll just know.

Obviously, it wouldn't lessen someone's argument... unless they were from... Nevada.

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Shit like these reports end up being funny as fuck and sad as hell.

Hey guys, lets all go after Jabba. I'm going to go and make a thread of it as well just to really give him a good kick in and make sure he leaves. Shit like that doesn't need to be public, if ya'll went and sent him that shit privately he'd have a similar response. You have a staff forum area, but yeah lets cause some drama in the community.

Half these grievances in the report are so stupid - while a few are just issues that could of been fixed quicker etc.

Ineffectiveness in GSU cases? Give me a fucking break. Jabba and me were the only ones that actually spoke in GSU with respect to AHG. I was the only one banning anyone. Jabba made various case files regarding these people. All Leads + are in the discord for this but not once did ya'll give 2 shits about dealing with Child predators. Check the ban list. See who went and banned users. Not reporting them to the authorities??!?!?! You guys have fucking computers too. Why is Jabba having to do all this? If you guys actually gave a shit and checked, you'd find multiple cp alts that are easily detected but ya'll are too lazy. And heck that goes for hackers too.

Community relations was a bullshit idea that I told ya'll from the start but you guys wanted to keep pushing. Sure Jabba helped to a point but that wasn't even his idea originally. Take some ownership of your own idea, stop expanding a staff team so that you have no actual moderators and a gazillion admins with a total of 2 servers running.

Inactivity, it happens. Everyone gets inactive for a little while from time to time. Hardly something to be amazed by. But lets keep people that have constantly just been inactive for going on a year now but show up once every 2 months to get 15 or so hours in before doing whatever else they feel like.

Disboard is dumb and was probably a bad idea. Is that the stupid bot you set up asking me about if I'm a He/She/They or whatever bullshit and assign roles?

Disturbing content changes are dumb. Train staff better so they know what to look for, create forms of guidelines or leave it open to interpretation. I guess it doesn't actually matter whatsoever in the long scheme because half the staff team is admin+ now lmao.

Staff meeting issues? Cry me a river. Bring some points up. Half ya'll complain about shit in private but can't be arsed to say that shit in a meeting and try and get it changed.

MC Development - I literally hosted the server for Months and Months while we were changing communities, we then had to wait with TTT being setup, we then had a large scale minecraft update because it took for ever. The whole thing overall could of been managed better, but I wasn't going to manage that shit alone as an admin. There were so many chances for additional developers to be added, but that shouldn't just be on Jabba to find them. Now he has found some everyone wants to start working on it - which is great to a degree, do what you can, idc. Honestly it wouldn't of took much in terms of plugin work from where it was left to actually get it functional enough to be ran. You really need a developer though. You still haven't even changed the discord bot api key and i'm still getting full logs from my bot about the server...

Money and Metrics - God forbid he wants to make sure the community has enough financial avenues and engagement to make it so it survives. Almost like you can argue with the guys ideas if you really wanted, especially when these have been talked about and discussed since the inception of the new community.

Additionally, half ya'll are complaining about resigning or some shit. Why don't you go ahead and resign LMAO. It's like ya'll have no balls or something. If you want to resign, resign. You really think Jabba leaving is going to make AHG a fairytale for you? Are you actually going to put in some effort if he does resign or are you going to keep doing fuck all like half of you do anyway?

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Does it matter who he is? He stated his opinion and you can judge him based off that
I mean, his opinion was that the community was irrelevant and didnt deserve the amount of effort being put into it. Any claim on his relevance seems just. (even though pwnage was joking)

green county health dept

Legacy
I mean, his opinion was that the community was irrelevant and didnt deserve the amount of effort being put into it. Any claim on his relevance seems just. (even though pwnage was joking)
Why would his relevance on his significance to both the community and his opinion on the community matter on a thread about a fucking captain mutiny analogy and my slow descent into madness.

nathan made a goood post look at it you homiephobic guys

slug

I support any staff that's pro trans rights

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy

Hey guys, lets all go after Jabba. I'm going to go and make a thread of it as well just to really give him a good kick in and make sure he leaves. Shit like that doesn't need to be public, if ya'll went and sent him that shit privately he'd have a similar response. You have a staff forum area, but yeah lets cause some drama in the community.

Half these grievances in the report are so stupid - while a few are just issues that could of been fixed quicker etc.

Ineffectiveness in GSU cases? Give me a fucking break. Jabba and me were the only ones that actually spoke in GSU with respect to AHG. I was the only one banning anyone. Jabba made various case files regarding these people. All Leads + are in the discord for this but not once did ya'll give 2 shits about dealing with Child predators. Check the ban list. See who went and banned users. Not reporting them to the authorities??!?!?! You guys have fucking computers too. Why is Jabba having to do all this? If you guys actually gave a shit and checked, you'd find multiple cp alts that are easily detected but ya'll are too lazy. And heck that goes for hackers too.

Community relations was a bullshit idea that I told ya'll from the start but you guys wanted to keep pushing. Sure Jabba helped to a point but that wasn't even his idea originally. Take some ownership of your own idea, stop expanding a staff team so that you have no actual moderators and a gazillion admins with a total of 2 servers running.

Inactivity, it happens. Everyone gets inactive for a little while from time to time. Hardly something to be amazed by. But lets keep people that have constantly just been inactive for going on a year now but show up once every 2 months to get 15 or so hours in before doing whatever else they feel like.

Disboard is dumb and was probably a bad idea. Is that the stupid bot you set up asking me about if I'm a He/She/They or whatever bullshit and assign roles?

Disturbing content changes are dumb. Train staff better so they know what to look for, create forms of guidelines or leave it open to interpretation. I guess it doesn't actually matter whatsoever in the long scheme because half the staff team is admin+ now lmao.

Staff meeting issues? Cry me a river. Bring some points up. Half ya'll complain about shit in private but can't be arsed to say that shit in a meeting and try and get it changed.

MC Development - I literally hosted the server for Months and Months while we were changing communities, we then had to wait with TTT being setup, we then had a large scale minecraft update because it took for ever. The whole thing overall could of been managed better, but I wasn't going to manage that shit alone as an admin. There were so many chances for additional developers to be added, but that shouldn't just be on Jabba to find them. Now he has found some everyone wants to start working on it - which is great to a degree, do what you can, idc. Honestly it wouldn't of took much in terms of plugin work from where it was left to actually get it functional enough to be ran. You really need a developer though. You still haven't even changed the discord bot api key and i'm still getting full logs from my bot about the server...

Money and Metrics - God forbid he wants to make sure the community has enough financial avenues and engagement to make it so it survives. Almost like you can argue with the guys ideas if you really wanted, especially when these have been talked about and discussed since the inception of the new community.

Additionally, half ya'll are complaining about resigning or some shit. Why don't you go ahead and resign LMAO. It's like ya'll have no balls or something. If you want to resign, resign. You really think Jabba leaving is going to make AHG a fairytale for you? Are you actually going to put in some effort if he does resign or are you going to keep doing fuck all like half of you do anyway?
Based, red pilled and true

PwnageKO

VIP
Legacy

You didn't have to commit murder man. Jeez.

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy

I don't think you could make it any more abundantly clear that you were out of the loop way before you left

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I don't think you could make it any more abundantly clear that you were out of the loop way before you left
I'd love to hear this from you if we didn't have to make a rule in a meeting because you were so inept and incapable of handling reports in a timely manner. How in the loop have you been in the last Year? By the way, its great when you promote your friends :)

Oh by the way, almost everyone I've spoken to privately also supports your demotion LMAO

Andy

One of AHG's official music nerds
I'd love to hear this from you if we didn't have to make a rule in a meeting because you were so inept and incapable of handling reports in a timely manner. How in the loop have you been in the last Year? By the way, its great when you promote your friends :)

Oh by the way, almost everyone I've spoken to privately also supports your demotion LMAO

why was this relevant, i didnt realise personal attacks were being created - and also she is still in her position (unlike you)... so clearly those people you talk to dont want her removed that badly

not to mention how you were entirely inactive in your position as MC admin which effectively led MC to a standstill for a LONG time - I would also request evidence for everyone you messaged about Lordy otherwise i simply do not believe this comment

Pacifist

the real deal
Legacy

Whatever your opinions are, I think the report being public is absolutely a good thing. Jabba was not going to resign or take responsibility for any of the items listed. This was a certainty. A private report would have resulted in jabba saying no and that would have been that. The only difference is that the community gets to not only see what is happening, but be apart of it (as these decisions effect not just the staff team, but literally everyone).

Was it loud, dramatic, and potentially destructive? Yes. Was it mean to drop this report out of thin air? Yes. But, sometimes, you got to get your hands dirty. Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Personally? Anymore I want there to be a resolution to all this. If Jabba stays, which looks likely, I hope in the future he stops and thinks his shit through before posting. A lot of the problems in the document are a result of miscommunication and poor direction. Just my opinion broski.