Legacy
Your IGN
Diehard Diehard Fan​
Your SteamID
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:291963578]​
Server
TTT Modded​
Why you should be unbanned
How tf was i cheating, i do not have any cheat software, nor have i ever had a cheat software, i think the mod forgot that i had radar as a T​

BarelyInaudible

Legacy
I wasnt told i would be banned, and the popup doesnt say you will be banned.

My suggestion for the popup it should say in big letters and capitalized "IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW THIS MESSAGE YOU WILL BE BANNED"

Its like if they dont want you swimming in one area, they will post big signs with big words that say "NO SWIMMING"

also i just bought CSS and have ported it to my gmod

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
VIP
Legacy
Posting Irrelevant Information in Appeals/Reports
A slumber did my spirit seal;
I had no human fears:
She seemed a thing that could not feel
The touch of earthly years.

No motion has she now, no force;
She neither hears nor sees;
Rolled round in earth's diurnal course,
With rocks, and stones, and trees.

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
Hey there Inaudible, earlier today I noticed you complaining that there was a popup telling you to install the CSS textures. You mentioned that it was unnecessary seeing as "CS:GO gives you enough. At least some of the props." To which a number of other users (including myself) told you that it wasn't good enough, and that you needed to install CSS. I even mentioned that the link in the popup provides you the textures for free, and that playing without the textures is non-negotiable and is playing with an unfair advantage.

Now, I would be more understanding if you had only a couple hours in this game, but I find it hard to believe that in 1,800 hours of playing this game over the past three years you have never seen any screenshots or videos and wondered why your game looked different. Or even seen the errors and missing textures and wondered if the game should look like that at all.

IMG_3070.jpg

Now you also asked me how that was cheating. Playing without textures is a way to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players. You were told as much in game, and on most maps this applies (minecraft maps being an example of a type of map that is not affected as severely). However on the map ttt_roy_the_ship (and on several other maps, this one just happened to be the map you were banned on) the unfair advantage is much more noticeable. When what you see in game is this:
20220128143942_1.jpg
you are giving yourself the advantage of being able to see through walls (or cargo containers if we were to nitpick). The two best words for this are Cheating and Exploiting. The game is meant to be played with textures. You were told as much. The number of error signs should have been an indicator of this. And there was a pop up giving you the textures and instructions for free that you ignored three separate times including after you were already warned that you needed textures. Not to mention, it really didn't take you that long to install CSS and mount it to Gmod after you were already banned, so it's not like it was a completely foreign concept to you.

You also asked me if I forgot Ts have radars. Interestingly enough, I didn't forget. The clip below shows the segment of gameplay you were banned for (starting at 0:58). Even with a max upgraded radar, pings hit every 15 seconds. This is nowhere near the active tracking through walls that you were doing in game, and doesn't explain you attempting to shoot through those walls. I will note, if you hadn't previously admitted that you were exploiting by playing without textures, this would have been labeled instantly as a hacking ban.

Considering you already have some history on this server, having gotten off of a 4 week toxicity ban in April, and a mic spam ban in May, you are familiar with the server enough, and I would hope with online gaming enough in general, to know that there is a baseline level of conduct regarding how people play games. Don't cheat, exploit, or hack. Now I wouldn't go so far as to say that you were hacking, as by definition you weren't. However we have had another user who, for their sake, I will not name who has previously been served the same punishment. They were caught admitting to and playing without textures and told to reinstall them, that it was cheating to play without, and when they refused to play with them again they were globally banned for 8 weeks.
What I wish to know is why you break precedent?

Last edited:

BarelyInaudible

Legacy
Well at the time i didnt know that another user was banned for the same thing, i dont play the server that often because usually when i want to play theres like 3 people on. Plus on other servers i play are darkrp, so not having css just means a few missing textures and some error props

also you say that it was easy for me to get the textures for free and didnt take long, but i bought the game for 2 bucks, and that back on SGM it was not against the rules to not have CSS

Last edited:

Gabriel

VIP
Supporter
Well at the time i didnt know that another user was banned for the same thing, i dont play the server that often because usually when i want to play theres like 3 people on. Plus on other servers i play are darkrp, so not having css just means a few missing textures and some error props

also you say that it was easy for me to get the textures for free and didnt take long, but i bought the game for 2 bucks, and that back on SGM it was not against the rules to not have CSS
I don’t understand how you can think it is okay to give yourself an unfair advantage in a ”competitive” (PvP(No one really thinks TTT is competitive)) game mode. Really I’m just trying to understand your rationale. I understand you purchased the game, but really it isn’t that hard of a thing to do no matter the route. And because there seemed to be some confusion in game, in shoutbox, and here, I will reiterate: This Is Not SGM.

Last edited:

BarelyInaudible

Legacy
I don’t understand how you can think it is okay to give yourself an unfair advantage in a ”competitive” (PvP(No one really thinks TTT is competitive)) game mode. Really I’m just trying to understand your rationale. I understand you purchased the game, but really it isn’t that hard of a thing to do no matter the route. And because there seemed to be some confusion in game, in shoutbox, and here, I will reiterate: This Is Not SGM
What im saying is that im used to how SGM operated, because i played more on SGM then here

Gabriel

VIP
Supporter
Considering this is a relatively new offense, and you don’t seem to understand what’s wrong about it I’m inclined to be more lenient and consider it a learning opportunity. However considering your general attitude towards being asked to install the textures, followed by literally using it as wall hacks, I can’t let that slide. I am going to be unbanning you, however I will not be voiding the ban and the next time you are caught playing without textures after what is now a lengthy discussion, it will be considered a second offense for exploiting, and will be given a 16 week global ban.

Accepted
Not Voided

Status
Not open for further replies.