Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Hello AHG!
I wanted to briefly update the community on some changes that have been in motion recently.

Summer/Anniversary Event
  • Our second annual summer/anniversary event will take place from June 1st until July 9th.
  • Unlike the previous summer event, the focus of this update will be development over custom content. Expect a lot of new features and QoL changes.
  • You can get a sneak peek of what we're working on for this event by checking out our public Trello board.
  • We will be reopening our Modded server on June 1st.

Assistant Directors
  • We have created a new position called Assistant Director, which is essentially a combined Lead Administrator + Developer position that reports to me.
  • @Temar will be the Assistant Director for Discord and Forums.
  • @Desert will be the Assistant Director for Game Development.
  • @optimal will be the Assistant Director for Custom Content.

Last edited:

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
wow, that's insane.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
new cashapp glitch, dm realsteppazz67452 👈

Smithk47

The One Who Gifs
VIP
Legacy
nice-job-sarcasm.gif

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Ass Director

Everlong

VIP
poor temar getting demoted

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Is there really much that links these new positions to lead administrator roles? I don't see the purpose of these roles over just standard developer roles + perms for actual staff use. Why is it all just focused on development instead of having relevance to the staff team itself? Shouldn't at least one of the directors be focused on things related to the staff team like growth, moral and retention?

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Is there really much that links these new positions to lead administrator roles? I don't see the purpose of these roles over just standard developer roles + perms for actual staff use. Why is it all just focused on development instead of having relevance to the staff team itself? Shouldn't at least one of the directors be focused on things related to the staff team like growth, moral and retention?
There's a few differences - these positions can vote on some issues such as where AHG should spend its money, and they are not required to have admins under them. They're all focused on development because that's where I'm delegating the work - the direction of the staff team (and really the community at large) part of my responsibilities.