Denied Gilbert's Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I cant tell if this is ironic or the consequence of radiation poisoning filling your brain with holes

roy

idk I just work here
VIP
Legacy
Maybe I just take my video gaming too seriously here but what I liked about SGM was that it had a set of rules that you could count on to be consistently enforced and ultimately it made everyone's experience better. That consistency and professionalism (I use the term loosely I know we're ultimately all autistic nerds) made it so you always knew what to expect and it helped keep the community stable. I really don't know the context behind this ban but I do know that this thread's existence in general would likely have never happened on SGM and it's pretty embarrassing all around tbh. If Gilbert was drunk-ranting and needed a temp ban that's cool but this thread prob should have just been locked from the start and leave the shitposting to shoutbox.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Maybe I just take my video gaming too seriously here but what I liked about SGM was that it had a set of rules that you could count on to be consistently enforced and ultimately it made everyone's experience better. That consistency and professionalism (I use the term loosely I know we're ultimately all autistic nerds) made it so you always knew what to expect and it helped keep the community stable. I really don't know the context behind this ban but I do know that this thread's existence in general would likely have never happened on SGM and it's pretty embarrassing all around tbh. If Gilbert was drunk-ranting and needed a temp ban that's cool but this thread prob should have just been locked from the start and leave the shitposting to shoutbox.
You're the only one on the staff team who understands

Weet

Forgettable Member
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
I mean, I guess.. But it's not exactly like ban appeals are sacred ground and there's not much real difference between this than Gilbert making a thread in General discussion and people making fun of him for it in that thread. The general no shitposting on appeals Warning points are so that mods can handle the appeal without a bunch of noise in the way. I'd say a little bit of owner-sanctioned shitposting is a little bit of harmless fun.

But I mean if I was to play devil's advocate, I'd say it doesn't look the best if a new player saw it, a bunch of people shitposting mods included on a ban appeal might give off the impression that the mods just dick about doing whatever and that the server isn't a chill place to have fun playing TTT. So I can see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.