I need a new headset

Probably wired but not dead set on it

Budget is prob max $400 so I’m not looking for a cheap POS headset

Recommendations please and thanks

Punctuation is for the weak

Halen

VIP
Legacy
The Steelseries Arctis 7 is a good headset; wireless, decent mic, fits my big ass head well, and sounds decent without any mixing software whatsoever (the steelseries mixer is kinda shit though just install a more fleshed out mixer if you intend to mess around with shit like that). With a good mixing software though the quality is great. You should be able to find one at or under $100 too and that's crazy cause it's wireless.

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
Hey there, I've been using Sennheiser headsets for years and am currently using Epos Sennheiser GSP 600, it's going to set you back around 140-160 bucks, depending on where you buy em, it also has a built in mic which is fairly good quality since I'm one for headset mics instead of separate ones, it also has replaceable earmuff polstering in case they break or tear, Sennheiser and Epos have a few other good products if you're looking for something newer but this one is my personal recommendation, here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-GSP-600-Professional-Headset/dp/B078VM929R
Edit: I realise these are probably trivial details but I wanted to add that the headset is wired, it has a built in wheel to increase or lower the volume as needed including the ability to deafen without having to tab out and the microphone can be muted too by simply flipping it up, it also has soundproofing, all these things combined in my opinion make it perfect if you have a noisy environment and have to mute yourself or drown out the surrounding noise on a whim, the cable is Decently long meaning you can move around a fair bit while wearing it and it's pretty comfortable to wear during extended periods of time on account of how adjustable it is.

Last edited:

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
I use Corsair Void Pro Wireless - if you like how my mic quality sounds then buy it. It goes around your ears which is nice and makes me barely have to take them off if I am using my pc for longer periods of time. Wireless delay is minimal and It hasn’t affected me in fps games. I used to have the wired version but the wire broke and i like the wireless one more.

helix

Senior Senior Senior Senior Mod
Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
At that price range, you'll probably want to use an independent headphone + mic.

I am personally using these right now and I love them: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00018MSNI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Note though-- they are the exact opposite of noise cancelling. I wanted open-back headphones because I wanted to be able to hear around me at anytime. The audio is absolutely excellent though.

If you want something like this, and still want that headset feel then of course, modmic would be the go-to recommendation to pair it with: https://www.amazon.com/Antlion-Audio-Attachable-Microphone-Headphones/dp/B07KQF165L/

8BitF0x

a pixelated fox that love rdm
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
kids typing chatgpt responses for a headset recommendation. logitech, wired or wireless. ur choice from there.

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
kids typing chatgpt responses for a headset recommendation. logitech, wired or wireless. ur choice from there.
bro really called my heartfelt and thought out response to a genuine question a chatgpt response, im killing myself

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Didn’t. Fuck you too 💔

There are many high-quality headsets available at the $400 price point, each with their own unique features and strengths. Here are three options that are frequently recommended by experts and users:

1. Sony WH-1000XM4 - These noise-cancelling headphones are widely regarded as some of the best on the market, with excellent sound quality and advanced noise-cancelling features. They also have a long battery life and comfortable design, making them great for long listening sessions.
  2. Sennheiser Momentum 3 - These headphones offer a premium build quality, with high-end materials and excellent sound quality. They also have strong noise-cancelling capabilities and a comfortable fit, making them a great choice for audiophiles who want the best possible sound.
  3. Bose QuietComfort 35 II - These noise-cancelling headphones offer a balanced sound profile and excellent noise-cancelling capabilities, making them ideal for travel or noisy environments. They also have a comfortable design and long battery life, making them a great all-around option.
Ultimately, the best headset for you will depend on your personal preferences and specific needs. It's always a good idea to read reviews and try out different models if possible before making a final decision.

• Funny
Reactions: roy