It’s time for a new era

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
I’m going to keep this short, because this won’t be my official farewell - just the beginning of a transition. I am also writing this from the toilet.

At minimum, I will no longer be playing Garry’s Mod by the end of the year. I’ve found myself being grumpier and grumpier in-game, and I will be very busy with work for the next 12 months at a minimum. That’s not good for me, and you all deserve better. Whether this means I’ll be more of an inactive caretaker or just step down completely, time will tell. It depends on who (if anyone) steps up to the challenge, if BattleBit community servers become a thing, or if s&box really takes off (which I am increasingly skeptical of). But ideally, my presence here will be drastically reduced by December. Until then, I’ll be around, transferring whatever knowledge needs to be transferred to the team.

Again, sorry for the brevity — this is just something I’ve needed to get around to putting in action. I’ll have a much more detailed post when the time actually comes.

~Pierogi

Smithk47

The One Who Gifs
VIP
Legacy
giphy.gif
XD

danstorm

Good Morning Gamers
VIP
Legacy
no

Icculus

VIP
do what you gotta do. If I remember correctly we are the same college year, and I just graduated.....so I completely understand having to take a break from things like GMod while moving on to what is next. keep us posted brutha

Nathan776

Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Legacy
Assuming this isnt a meme lol. While I don't agree with everything that's happened regarding the community - you've been a big part of creating a structure which doesn't necessarily rely on one person solely. Realistically if you were to step back and act almost as a caretaker role, the negative wouldn't be necessarily as bad as how SGM was run towards the end of its life. One of the good things about SGM in my opinion is that with Highwon gone, the community was able to be shaped much more easily by whoever the community lead was at the time and when Highwon was involved the impact of whatever happened had a bit more gravitas. It may be beneficial to stay in such a role to create a similar semblance of "The community can be lead but there will be somebody to keep it on track if it goes too far astray".

Jennie

Cute Bunny UwU
Senior Moderator
Prestigious
Legacy
Peace out

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
I’m going to keep this short, because this won’t be my official farewell - just the beginning of a transition. I am also writing this from the toilet.

At minimum, I will no longer be playing Garry’s Mod by the end of the year. I’ve found myself being grumpier and grumpier in-game, and I will be very busy with work for the next 12 months at a minimum. That’s not good for me, and you all deserve better. Whether this means I’ll be more of an inactive caretaker or just step down completely, time will tell. It depends on who (if anyone) steps up to the challenge, if BattleBit community servers become a thing, or if s&box really takes off (which I am increasingly skeptical of). But ideally, my presence here will be drastically reduced by December. Until then, I’ll be around, transferring whatever knowledge needs to be transferred to the team.

Again, sorry for the brevity — this is just something I’ve needed to get around to putting in action. I’ll have a much more detailed post when the time actually comes.

~Pierogi
Garry is gonna push s&box just to spite you ❤️

Gabriel

Whatever happens, happens
VIP
Supporter
I've been actually working on this short little video for months now but davinci keeps crashing on me so it keeps getting pushed to my backburner. It was just gonna be an edit of this scene in community bc it's seemed apt.

I think the community has long grown past TTT. We could probably just run off of game nights honestly

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy