Implemented infected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Desert and I briefly talked about this earlier. I think that if we change the radar we should reduce the round timer to 4 minutes.

I’m gonna move this thread to suggestions, since it isn’t really a bug at the moment

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
Desert and I briefly talked about this earlier. I think that if we change the radar we should reduce the round timer to 4 minutes.

I’m gonna move this thread to suggestions, since it isn’t really a bug at the moment
Or at least remove your t buddies from the radar, or even remove the radar altogether

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Or at least remove your t buddies from the radar, or even remove the radar altogether
Removing T buddies is original suggestion. I don’t think removing radar entirely is a good idea because if someone hides really well rounds are going to get dull. Radar makes it so the round stays fun and chaotic.

I don’t want to just remove T buddy radar because the infected always win right now

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
If this is what's wanted, it's a simple change.
I am leaning towards the former, but main priority atm is making the mode less favored for the infected. I don't want to remove radar entirely because camping is allowed in the gamemode and people will find the most obscure spot on a huge map to delay forever, but then again, infected rounds can only be a maximum of 3 minutes.

Speaking of reducing round timer, currently it's 3 minutes (always was). Then again, easy to make that assumption since the round timer on your HUD is still at 6 minutes (TTT gets very angry when you try to override this), I'm looking into ways of getting around the UI being misleading here.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
This doesn't really have anything to do with the original suggestion... but...
1. What if we reduce the infected hp from 100 to let say 50?? It would give suvivors a better chance .... maybe
2. Yesterday we played infected and while @Gilbert was the final alive survivor the round ended and it said the infected win for some reason.
3. Removing radar will turn this into hide and seek not infected
4. Can't you just add onscreen timer? the infected info box doesn't disappear during the round anyway.. so just slap a timer there
5. Also maybe fix the spawn system for the infected.. so that they can't spawn right next to survivors?

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
If this is what's wanted, it's a simple change.

I am leaning towards the former, but main priority atm is making the mode less favored for the infected. I don't want to remove radar entirely because camping is allowed in the gamemode and people will find the most obscure spot on a huge map to delay forever, but then again, infected rounds can only be a maximum of 3 minutes.

Speaking of reducing round timer, currently it's 3 minutes (always was). Then again, easy to make that assumption since the round timer on your HUD is still at 6 minutes (TTT gets very angry when you try to override this), I'm looking into ways of getting around the UI being misleading here.
We had a round not too long ago that was almost 4 minutes before the infected won :(

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
This doesn't really have anything to do with the original suggestion... but...
1. What if we reduce the infected hp from 100 to let say 50?? It would give suvivors a better chance .... maybe
2. Yesterday we played infected and while @Gilbert was the final alive survivor the round ended and it said the infected win for some reason.
3. Removing radar will turn this into hide and seek not infected
4. Can't you just add onscreen timer? the infected info box doesn't disappear during the round anyway.. so just slap a timer there
5. Also maybe fix the spawn system for the infected.. so that they can't spawn right next to survivors?
For #4, yes this is what I was thinking too. #2 is a visual bug, and I have corrected it on the test server, that fix will be out soon. #5 is possible, can make the infected spawn at certain spawnpoint entities. For #1, I think this is viable, someone has suggested to tweak the model scale of the zombies to make them bigger, but i want to avoid making it impossible for zombies to get into places that humans can and just making rounds get delayed.
We had a round not too long ago that was almost 4 minutes before the infected won :(
Well fuck lmao. If you have a clip (just the part where it goes over time), that'd be appreciated.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Make radar active only in the last 30 seconds of the round or so, I think that's how most infected minigames I've seen work across games. Gives time for players to get situated at a spot but ensures the game isn't just just about hiding. Giving zombies crowbars instead of knives would also help make it easier to survive, aswell as giving the infected a unique skin. First game I played I assumed the infected would have a different skin and that fucked me over pretty quickly (and I guess the rest of the server, round was like 40 seconds). Maybe reducing infected health to 75 too could help, a single infected should be relatively easy to kill and the threat should come from the number of infected. Another thing that could make it fun would be making the survivors traitor/giving them access to T/D shop, items like tripwires could be fun to play around with and give more of a chance when its 1 player vs the server.

Ashes Relandi

Weeb
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Might I also add here... Since infected kill way too dam quick as Barth mentioned, A knife is fine but maybe reduce the damage of it to be like 10 or 25. That way, it requires more teamwork as the infected to the swarm someone. Strength in numbers.

Ajaycent

Prestigious
VIP
Might I also add here... Since infected kill way too dam quick as Barth mentioned, A knife is fine but maybe reduce the damage of it to be like 10 or 25. That way, it requires more teamwork as the infected to the swarm someone. Strength in numbers.
I have a suggestion, let the knife do as intended damage but the more infected joined their ranks the less damage they do overtime because of the strength of numbers as, 10 or 25 with very few infected things at the beginning can easily sway from Infected winning all the time, to only Humans winning all the time on certain maps and with our playerbase.

But I agree and enjoy the requiring more teamwork to swarm someone but players can easily make it absolute hell to the infected if they can only do 10 or 25 damage with all players stacking and nuking them with the same plan of teamwork.

I guess another win would be infected tossing knives would do 50 damage to compensate your idea?

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
I have a suggestion, let the knife do as intended damage but the more infected joined their ranks the less damage they do overtime because of the strength of numbers as, 10 or 25 with very few infected things at the beginning can easily sway from Infected winning all the time, to only Humans winning all the time on certain maps and with our playerbase.

But I agree and enjoy the requiring more teamwork to swarm someone but players can easily make it absolute hell to the infected if they can only do 10 or 25 damage with all players stacking and nuking them with the same plan of teamwork.

I guess another win would be infected tossing knives would do 50 damage to compensate your idea?
doesn't that mean completely reworking how the knife currently works?... feel like reducing the zombies health would be much more easier and would give off similar result... your would be more squishy so you would need to attack together to do anything......

although the way the current knife works... one hit kill is still easily possible.. sooo maybe sssssslight rework to knife might be a good idea

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Take radar away from the humans. Thank you

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
doesn't that mean completely reworking how the knife currently works?... feel like reducing the zombies health would be much more easier and would give off similar result... your would be more squishy so you would need to attack together to do anything......

although the way the current knife works... one hit kill is still easily possible.. sooo maybe sssssslight rework to knife might be a good idea
Changing knife damage is simple thanks to it being a SWEP. Same goes for how the knife behaves (mostly). The zombie knife is basically a modified version of the normal knife SWEP.

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
You still dont see your infected friends in the TAB menu
I have a fix for this which will be pushed out soon.
Here's a summary of the fixes/QoL changes:
-Radar only shows humans to the infected.
-Radar is only active in the last 40 seconds of the round
-The timer on your HUD is now accurate and representative of the 3 minute timer of the fun round.
-Infected can now see their infected buddies UI properly (i.e. You can see the [T] above their head and they appear red on the scoreboard)
-Infected health has been lowered to 75. This is not a final adjustment, it may be lowered again in the future.

I'm working on more stuff/ideas behind the scenes at the moment, so this won't be the last of updates/tweaks to infected. Specifically I am going to lower the amount of starting infected (It is currently set at roughly 1 in every 4 players) to around 1 for every 10 players. This should at least make the ramping up of infected occur over a flatter curve and provide a more "steady descent into chaos" rather than "instant chaos" style of gameplay.

Another thing that could make it fun would be making the survivors traitor/giving them access to T/D shop, items like tripwires could be fun to play around with and give more of a chance when its 1 player vs the server.
I especially like this idea, I can imagine people using tripmines as a form of barricade, among other things. I will test this out on the dev server.

Status
Not open for further replies.