Lost Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy

Top 3 SGM map rite here... some of the funniest T traps and AFKs die automatically...

I don't think this map causes true delay, sometimes the last 2 players will have to find each other, but on this map the last two to live are usually more experienced and not the type to wait for the timer to go out through inaction. Trying to find and kill the last person isn't delaying. I don't think most maps can cause delay, rather players themselves through inaction, and the type of player to be too scared to act as traitor is also the type to die earlier on this map from clumsiness.

Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

PwnageKO

"I'll be seeing you on the forums."
VIP
Legacy
Those maps get so repetitive, it's nice to have something different for a change like lost temple. I honestly think there should be a map rotation or some sort of system to combat repetitive maps but that's for a different suggestion thread lol

I mean, yeah, they get hella repetitive. But the community does love them so they get played. I think Lost Temple is a good map and will get played more here compared to SGM since there are still less completely overplayed maps than on SGM.

Let Lost Temple Live BADmins.

waffle

[VALVᴱ] employee
VIP
Legacy
Reason why I think this map didn't get played much on SGM was due to other top tier maps always available to play too. People just really love playing dolls, motel, nuketown, island, and I'm probably forgetting others.

I think Temple would get more playtime on AHG until more of the top tier maps are added bc, now in my own opinion, I'm going to choose Temple every time over the current nuketown map and the Legend of Zelda map.
Even though these maps have amazing gameplay and great rounds it gets repetitive. Its really never a dull moment on lost temple. The round can go any direction no matter the circumstances. Because anything can happen it makes it a godtier map

Captain K9

Wanderer
VIP
Legacy
Now that we have a 6 minute round timer I feel like the whole argument for people delaying and getting lost doesnt apply anymore, it will make for fun, dynamic rounds where you can either play the game normally or go solving puzzles and exploring the structure, as mentioned above by other players, it takes a bit to get used to but once you get a feel for it, youll always love it.

proper

Banned
VIP
Legacy
I mean, yeah, they get hella repetitive. But the community does love them so they get played. I think Lost Temple is a good map and will get played more here compared to SGM since there are still less completely overplayed maps than on SGM.

Let Lost Temple Live BADmins.
I definitely agree, I think the most beneficial fix is somewhere in the middle, which I'm not sure is super realistic atm unfortunately. One of the positive aspects of Lost Temple, though, is how fast rounds typically go on that map on average vs other more commonly-played maps on account of the anti-AFK feature. Even if it truly is a sucky map, it goes by quick.

Pierogi

Special Properations
Director
Developer
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Once we get some tools for monitoring map statistics (especially player retention/loss per round and round time), this map will be added to the rotation. This map has a massive problem with delayed rounds, and every time it was played on SGM it would result in a net player loss. The AFK auto kill feature doesn't mean much when the delay is caused by the last <5 players being lost and not being able to find each other.

If the data shows that it consistently depops the server, it will be removed from rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.