Implemented Please add Lost Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

VIP
As a long time player of gmod and the ttt game mode itself, I feel a bit dumbfounded that lost temple isn’t in the rotation.
It certainly one of the maps and is a part of the ttt history of being iconic. I miss having people die in spawn for being afk, as well as getting people killed through the traps that are scattered around the map.
Please add this certified banger of a map back in.
While we are at it, tell Desert to port in TTT_warehouses by Fearless Captain. He knows how much of a banger that map and space cereal is as it was apart of his history.

Attachments

• 718744B6-1634-4037-99F4-A3462B461D63.jpeg
    718744B6-1634-4037-99F4-A3462B461D63.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 657799D0-479B-42A9-B09D-ED8EBB96AD1F.jpeg
    657799D0-479B-42A9-B09D-ED8EBB96AD1F.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

Ashes Relandi

Weeb
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
I think we used to have Lost Temple...The problem with this map (as much as I love it) was people legit got lost, Especially newer folks.

Also the jank ass slide going down honestly killed way too many people which just makes people leave.

Cory

VIP
There can always be an optimal optimization where people can use a teleporter instead of going down the slide, just as a thought though. We kinda need to keep the slide for the sake of nostalgia.
I think we used to have Lost Temple...The problem with this map (as much as I love it) was people legit got lost, Especially newer folks.

Also the jank ass slide going down honestly killed way too many people which just makes people leave.

Cory

VIP
As for the people getting lost, I can argue that dolls, rooftops and teen room are more annoying to navigate especially with the substantial verticality. While with lost temple it’s mostly horizontal with exceptions to spawn being the place of conflict.

Last edited:

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Lost temple is a really fucking scary map, creepy crawlies and shit all over the place and mummies just waiting to be awoken… yeah it’s gonna be a -1 for me

Ashes Relandi

Weeb
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
There can always be an optimal optimization where people can use a teleporter instead of going down the slide, just as a thought though. We kinda need to keep the slide for the sake of nostalgia.
The problem with teleports is... if too many people go in at once, people just get stuck on each other. Causes more problems.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
As for the people getting lost, I can argue that dolls, rooftops and teen room are more annoying to navigate especially with the substantial verticality. While with lost temple it’s mostly horizontal with exceptions to spawn being the place of conflict.
Dolls, Rooftops and Teen Room are 3 Large open maps that allows you to see where you want to go and figure out a path on how to get there...

Lost temple on the other hand is not an open map it's more of a maze with lots of small hallways and corridors. so unless you know the map very well you have no clue or reference how to get to which are or spot on the map. (not to mention trying to track down the last couple of innos who are moving around randomly in that maze...just pain)

Titan

One of AHG's official music nerds
Administrator
VIP
Legacy
Dude. If people are getting lost is such a problem

Literally put maps in the map. Like theme park ass maps with big ol "YOU ARE HERE" markings. Anything to get that goated fucking map back in rotation

RyanHighman

I Love j3kawesome!
Lead Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
Moving this to the maps section :giggle:

Cory

VIP
Dolls, Rooftops and Teen Room are 3 Large open maps that allows you to see where you want to go and figure out a path on how to get there...

Lost temple on the other hand is not an open map it's more of a maze with lots of small hallways and corridors. so unless you know the map very well you have no clue or reference how to get to which are or spot on the map. (not to mention trying to track down the last couple of innos who are moving around randomly in that maze...just pain)
idk about it being like a maze, the corridors are indeed tight, but the pathways are pretty linear and easy to navigate with plenty of landmarks to go back to. Plus there are the pit teleporters in rooms with the tombs where it leads you back to the middle stairwell coming back. As for tracking down, the last couple of innos, not an issue for the most part as this map is heavily traitor sided with all the traps and most of the corridors being a beeline to the next area corner of the map.

Now on the subject of Dolls, Rooftops, and Teen Room. While it's true you can see where you want to go, you can't anticipate where people are going to go with that much verticality which causes issues with people delaying by running up and down and around the map, even with the upgraded radar perks. Sure, you can camp and wait for them to peek out but the issue is it's most likely not going to happen if they are aware of the situation and will take obscure routing to avoid making contact. Especially with these three maps that have so much cover with their verticality: Dolls with their vents and ladders in the wardrobe closet, Teen room with the vent travel, drawers and shelves, and Rooftops with the amount of buildings you can take cover in and run quickly out especially with the aid of Tom Selleck's Secret rewards.

Meanwhile with Lost temple cover is limited from room to room, and pretty hard to delay/nonparticipation from the innos. The rooms all lead to one other corner to another, it's barely even a maze tbh. It only takes 2 playthroughs for a person to actually learn the map and they can easily spectate to see where each corridor leads to. I'd say the map is pretty balanced for both inno's and t's, since it requires critical think on the t's for the most part and heavy trigger discipline for the innos to not crossfire.

Cory

VIP
Dude. If people are getting lost is such a problem

Literally put maps in the map. Like theme park ass maps with big ol "YOU ARE HERE" markings. Anything to get that goated fucking map back in rotation
A map can be a fine addition for people that get continuously lost, or can't remember where they are due to memory problems.

Cory

VIP
The problem with teleports is... if too many people go in at once, people just get stuck on each other. Causes more problems.
well then either make multiple exits whilst making a condition where it detects something blocking an exit, add a cooldown, or just disable hitbox collision for players.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
since it requires critical think on the t's for the most part and heavy trigger discipline for the innos to not crossfire.
Now you just ruined the map for me.... actually "trying" to think and plan in order to win... that just sounds tiring........... and people having "trigger discipline"... never seen that happen and probably never will.... Also i feel like its much easier to predict where people will go on, Rooftops, Dolls and TinyRoom than on Lost Temple. (could be just me tho)

Also... in terms of the spawns.. would it be possible to place 4 teleport exists (each one in the corner of the square pool) in the sky to make people drop in the water after teleporting?
since the portal would be in the sky people wouldn't be able to block the exit path.... (maybe unless they luckily time it and jump from that little scaffolding that's in the middle.)
we could also make the portals have a small delay so that people don't land on top of each other instantly.

Aquast

i puked
VIP
Legacy
Now you just ruined the map for me.... actually "trying" to think and plan in order to win... that just sounds tiring........... and people having "trigger discipline"... never seen that happen and probably never will.... Also i feel like its much easier to predict where people will go on, Rooftops, Dolls and TinyRoom than on Lost Temple. (could be just me tho)

Also... in terms of the spawns.. would it be possible to place 4 teleport exists (each one in the corner of the square pool) in the sky to make people drop in the water after teleporting?
since the portal would be in the sky people wouldn't be able to block the exit path.... (maybe unless they luckily time it and jump from that little scaffolding that's in the middle.)
we could also make the portals have a small delay so that people don't land on top of each other instantly.
texas red said your a bitch

Status
Not open for further replies.