Implemented Please add Lost Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

VIP
As a long time player of gmod and the ttt game mode itself, I feel a bit dumbfounded that lost temple isn’t in the rotation.
It certainly one of the maps and is a part of the ttt history of being iconic. I miss having people die in spawn for being afk, as well as getting people killed through the traps that are scattered around the map.
Please add this certified banger of a map back in.
While we are at it, tell Desert to port in TTT_warehouses by Fearless Captain. He knows how much of a banger that map and space cereal is as it was apart of his history.

Attachments

• 718744B6-1634-4037-99F4-A3462B461D63.jpeg
    718744B6-1634-4037-99F4-A3462B461D63.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 657799D0-479B-42A9-B09D-ED8EBB96AD1F.jpeg
    657799D0-479B-42A9-B09D-ED8EBB96AD1F.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Voting on this suggestion has been paused.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
he's just scared of him and pretending he doesn't know him because he's afraid of confrontation
I have 0 clue who you two are talking about? get that fucking scrub here so i can figure out who he is

Desert

PhD in Barrel Dynamics
Assistant Director
VIP
Legacy
I think we used to have Lost Temple...The problem with this map (as much as I love it) was people legit got lost, Especially newer folks.

Also the jank ass slide going down honestly killed way too many people which just makes people leave.
Getting lost is one thing, but the slide is not harmful if you just hold S while going down (and make sure you are facing down the slide too). The only way you die this way is if someone goomba stomps you but that should only happen if they go mach 5 cus they made the mistake of hitting W or tried to surf the ramp. It's not a normal ramp, and doesn't have normal physics. Maybe we should put a big sign next to it saying "HOLD S". I just consider it a filter for those playing on autopilot. Even comes with a nice AFK remover.

Now as for the "getting lost" part, to be honest the map is not complicated. Most of the paths just shoot out from the center (and wrap around back to it) and there aren't any confusing dead ends. I think people overexaggerate this problem. Sure a new player might have trouble the first round or two but I don't think this would be the only map that does that, and I think that initial confusion is part of the experience. I would argue, any day of the week, that this map doesn't delay any more than lifetheroof, rooftops, or trappycottage does. And in my personal, and therefore anecdotal, experience i have never seen lost temple result in net loss of server pop. In fact I think it's a great booster or at least maintainer.

Also, we have a group of people on the server who love doing map secrets, and this map has got them, the map even has traitor traps to thwart those specific people.

Now, ttt_warehouses, i love that one. Got me to listen to M.O.O.N. It's a bite-sized industrial map good for messing around. Although you will probably be asked to make a separate suggestion thread if you want them considered/added. Same for space cereal. (the goat)

Anyway this should be an easy addition in my opinion. Especially if we already (apparently) have decided on adding this.

Last edited:

Lordyhgm

Awoo?
Prestigious
Legacy
There is also the possibility of reworking it with ancient glyph/icon signs and arrows so that people have a reference of where they are, would still require learning the map but would reduce the curve substantially

RepostingForDuty

Getting lost is one thing, but the slide is not harmful if you just hold S while going down (and make sure you are facing down the slide too). The only way you die this way is if someone goomba stomps you but that should only happen if they go mach 5 cus they made the mistake of hitting W or tried to surf the ramp. It's not a normal ramp, and doesn't have normal physics. Maybe we should put a big sign next to it saying "HOLD S". I just consider it a filter for those playing on autopilot. Even comes with a nice AFK remover.

Now as for the "getting lost" part, to be honest the map is not complicated. Most of the paths just shoot out from the center (and wrap around back to it) and there aren't any confusing dead ends. I think people overexaggerate this problem. Sure a new player might have trouble the first round or two but I don't think this would be the only map that does that, and I think that initial confusion is part of the experience. I would argue, any day of the week, that this map doesn't delay any more than lifetheroof, rooftops, or trappycottage does. And in my personal, and therefore anecdotal, experience i have never seen lost temple result in net loss of server pop. In fact I think it's a great booster or at least maintainer.

Also, we have a group of people on the server who love doing map secrets, and this map has got them, the map even has traitor traps to thwart those specific people.

Now, ttt_warehouses, i love that one. Got me to listen to M.O.O.N. It's a bite-sized industrial map good for messing around. Although you will probably be asked to make a separate suggestion thread if you want them considered/added. Same for space cereal. (the goat)

Anyway this should be an easy addition in my opinion. Especially if we already (apparently) have decided on adding this.
I still have the the VMF for both maps so I can make the space cereal canons fire whatever we want

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Since the map is basically a plus sign in a square all routes taken eventually loop back to the center, so if you keep walking you don't get lost. That also means if you're the last T it's easier to predict the last players movements, so I feel like the delay wouldn't be horrible. It's a lot harder to get lost on this map than a map like spacecraft layout wise, and I don't feel like there's been a delay problem with spacecraft. I would say if someone's going to edit the map highlighting the traitor doors and traps would help newer players, and even older players. It was on SGM for years and a lot of people didn't know there was multiple T rooms/T traps because there isn't any buttons that pop up. The T rooms also have teleports that run throughout the map so if you're still worried about the delay that would solve it, as a T can get to the other parts of the map quick.

Last edited:

Texas Red

Banned
25 upvotes this should be added at this point

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
Duplicate thread. Remove this now. Its already accepted and will be added any day now. You guys just love to complain....

Status
Not open for further replies.