Rejected Allow soft a n word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Multiple times I’ve played on the server I’ve had to tell a black player that he was not aloud to say the n word (being serious btw) by not allowing them to be themselves on the server they end up leaving and finding somewhere else to play. We are missing out on so many new community members because of this.
Like you can’t ask a person from a marginalized community to change their vocabulary completely and expect them to stay. I believe this is one big reason why we have very few black community members.
Thank you.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
Banned
VIP
Legacy
As a white person, I have no opinion. This isn't my fight and it'd be ignorant of me if I advocated either way. I have not lived the life of a black person, and to make any definitive, and educated, decision on this requires opinions of experience. On one hand, supporting this rule change means potentially allowing white supremacists to loophole and attack our servers, but keeping things the same mean we as white people are controlling what black people can and can't say. Reminds me of some of the worse periods of our history. Both sides have their valid arguments, but I think the community members, both white and black, should stop trying to put each other down and come to an understanding.

Frost

VIP
Legacy

burger king

Cheeseburger; No Pickle, Extra Mayo
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
If there’s one thing that should be understood about this thread; is the lack of any black staff members. I don’t think it’s right that a mostly white staff team decides to choose what they want to do about that word. Therefore, I humbly ask that either @Temar or @Glögi resign their place as owner of AHG and give it to a member of the black community. Refusal on this decision will make it look very awkward for your social status for this community so I highly recommend you go with it.

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
If there’s one thing that should be understood about this thread; is the lack of any black staff members. I don’t think it’s right that a mostly white staff team decides to choose what they want to do about that word. Therefore, I humbly ask that either @Temar or @Glögi resign their place as owner of AHG and give it to a member of the black community. Refusal on this decision will make it look very awkward for your social status for this community so I highly recommend you go with it.
The whole point of this suggestion is to try and fix the number of black community members we have, which is a very low number, and I don’t think this server accommodates enough and I believe it actively deters black gamers from joining this server based off of the rules and how they are handled. This was good input thank you butgerking

Bonks

Administrator
Prestigious
VIP
Supporter
i'm thinkin i should be the next 3rd director so we can add some excitement to this new season

there'll be like a bright flash of light, and then everything will be chill for a week, and then a huge bombshell will be unleashed onto AHG and everyone will be clinging onto their seats waiting for what happens next!!

JynxtheMynx

Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
i'm thinkin i should be the next 3rd director so we can add some excitement to this new season

there'll be like a bright flash of light, and then everything will be chill for a week, and then a huge bombshell will be unleashed onto AHG and everyone will be clinging onto their seats waiting for what happens next!!
you’re all gonna compel me to come back to staff if you don’t stop this !!!

Pokeben10

zonin’
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
I believe this is one big reason why we have very few black community members.
can we get a count of all the black people in this community

anyone who's black please let us know

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
so you suggest AHG should make a registry of all black persons in the community?
Actually I think he’s on to something, we should have everyone list their ethnicity and race in order to link their accounts, then we can cross reference who rdms the most out of specific groups.

Virunas

CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
Prestigious
Legacy
Status
Not open for further replies.