Rejected No more propkilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

burger king

Cheeseburger; No Pickle, Extra Mayo
Senior Moderator
VIP
Legacy
This is how I handle getting propkilled by people I literally don't know, kill them or say I'm not getting involved while walking and giving them the Luigi Death Stare.
if they keep coming kill them and say self defense

As long as you admit you killed them for self defense because they swung at you wont get you slain.

images
sorry i don’t watch cartoons but what does this image reference

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
As someone who never prop killed anyone..... I got a question?

why not just shoot and kill the prop killer... There is maybe only 4 or 5 people that can throw a prop at long distance and hit the target (and even that is not consistent)... if you let them get close to you with the prop..... that's kinda on you at that point...

optimal

RICHEST OOTA
Assistant Director
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
As someone who never prop killed anyone..... I got a question?

why not just shoot and kill the prop killer... There is maybe only 4 or 5 people that can throw a prop at long distance and hit the target (and even that is not consistent)... if you let them get close to you with the prop..... that's kinda on you at that point...

that's the problem. anybody can get close range with a prop, problem is when it's 1 hit kill you never have a chance to defend yourself. sure you could defend yourself if they deal 20hp, or if they throw it at you and it's a near-miss, but that will just cause a shit storm in reports. not to mention there's an unspoken understanding/stigma to not kill propkillers on this server or report them.

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
Solution: remove karma penalty from killing people who've held a prop in the past 5 seconds. Doesnt get you karma banned if you want to kill people who are attempting to propkill you (They don't get a karma penalty either cause props are fucky)

Also
You get on the server and instant start shit talking over people and derail convo, please cry more abt others fun, it took a second to remember who you were lol
People need to shut up with 'idek who you are' stop projecting your insecurities please and thank you

capri sun

VIP
Legacy
Just gonna put this out there as someone who gets hit with props a lot,

If you need to put down someone propkilling, a lot of the propkillers will kill someone then run away from the unid. They start running to you menacingly? Boom, there's the reason to kill, and there's your response if they report you. Rarely are they gonna be able to snipe you. Shit, I would have more bodies due to that if I was able to aim correctly for once.

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
Solution: remove karma penalty from killing people who've held a prop in the past 5 seconds. Doesnt get you karma banned if you want to kill people who are attempting to propkill you (They don't get a karma penalty either cause props are fucky)

Also

People need to shut up with 'idek who you are' stop projecting your insecurities please and thank you
like the suggestion actually. Welcome to the convo and i evidently know who he is, just took a second to remember since its different photos. Its not an insult to not know who someone is lol, i just remembered he was someone being toxic

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Stop fighting in my suggestion I just want to see peoples input and have a dialog nice and chill thanksgiving drink a beer smoke a cigarette

Evil Pauly

Serious Member
Administrator
VIP
Supporter
Just gonna put this out there as someone who gets hit with props a lot,

If you need to put down someone propkilling, a lot of the propkillers will kill someone then run away from the unid. They start running to you menacingly? Boom, there's the reason to kill, and there's your response if they report you. Rarely are they gonna be able to snipe you. Shit, I would have more bodies due to that if I was able to aim correctly for once.
Most people prop killing are inno and when you kill them for prop hurting you the people around usually kill you, think a good middle ground would be to have a special round once a map to have an all out prop war, I prop kill once in a while and it can definitely be fun but sometimes it will just be for 3 maps straight people prop killing everyone.

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP
Most people prop killing are inno and when you kill them for prop hurting you the people around usually kill you, think a good middle ground would be to have a special round once a map to have an all out prop war, I prop kill once in a while and it can definitely be fun but sometimes it will just be for 3 maps straight people prop killing everyone.
1. Yea most prop kills are done by innos... cause.. there really isn't much to do while waiting for traitors to actually do something... ooooooooooorrrr you just trying to get karma ban... (i wont mentioned anyone in particular here).
2. That would be a nice fun round just all out prop war
3. constant prop killing does get boring for 3 maps in the row even for me

Also

That solution would probably do more harm than good... wouldn't that mean that people that prop kill wouldnt get their karma reduced too??? especially during prop fights? not to mention the free rdm ticket without any karma loss or just lying to kill someone.

Also majority of the people don't know how to avoid the karma penalty.. so they just end up losing their karma anyway. Not to mention that the lower your karma the harder it is to actually prop kill people... maybe not with the 600 limit but staff karma.. it was pretty difficult to kill people with 400 karma.

Probably the easiest solution really.. is to tell people who prop kill very often to chill out after certain amount of rounds... so we dont go for 3 or 4 maps with constant prop kills by the same people. oooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr prop kills reduce your karma more leading to quicker karma bans... (and if they do get unbanned they can't prop kill for a while or they get an actual ban for a certain period of time or something along those lines)

H3ll4Flush

VIP
Legacy
The problems is that is prop killing have been tolerated in this server so much that the massive prop killers get away with it
You dont want to report people you know and have fun with usually
Could prop kill be harder and do less damage idk
So people could react to it

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
That solution would probably do more harm than good... wouldn't that mean that people that prop kill wouldnt get their karma reduced too??? especially during prop fights? not to mention the free rdm ticket without any karma loss or just lying to kill someone.
Its not RDM if they attempt to kill you with a barrel? Lying to kill someone is something you can do with any reasoning? People in propfights not having their karma reduced isn't a bad thing cause usually its a mutual fight if both parties are propkilling?

I don't get any of the half-reasons you're attempting to make here.

H3ll4Flush

VIP
Legacy
Its not RDM if they attempt to kill you with a barrel? Lying to kill someone is something you can do with any reasoning? People in propfights not having their karma reduced isn't a bad thing cause usually its a mutual fight if both parties are propkilling?

This is why trowing a prop at someone is kosable
But then yes it could become a prop fight between those two if they want
But killing random with props should not be allowed nor tolerated

H3ll4Flush

VIP
Legacy

And you dont even play that server so STFU yellow, luv

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
This is why trowing a prop at someone is kosable
But then yes it could become a prop fight between those two if they want
But killing random with props should not be allowed nor tolerated
its not??? i feel like alot of the convo in this thread is operating under the notion prop killing is something you have to accept. the solution to prop killing is basically outlined in the rules

1. PROP PUSHING/BLOCKING/THROWING
1. Prop pushing, block, and throwing is allowed.
2. Considered traitorous if there's potential to cause damage.

H3ll4Flush

VIP
Legacy
its not??? i feel like alot of the convo in this thread is operating under the notion prop killing is something you have to accept. the solution to prop killing is basically outlined in the rules

1. PROP PUSHING/BLOCKING/THROWING
1. Prop pushing, block, and throwing is allowed.
2. Considered traitorous if there's potential to cause damage.
Yes throwing toward someone is potential danger

AdriX

Prestigious
VIP

Guess my reasons are a little too hard for you to understand... so lets make it more simple for you...
Let say.. your solution is implemented and anyone who held a prop within 5 seconds is a free kill (no karma loss).
1. I prop kill someone... you kill me.. and someone kills you for killing me... seems a little unfair that the person killing you loses karma and you didn't
2. If i see someone do a t act and i decided to prop kill them instead of shooting.. and you kill me for it... apart form possible slay there is no penalty in it for you...
3. Can be easily broken... i can hold the prop for 10 seconds... and than decided to attack you with it... do you still get a free karma kill? or do you lose karma now? which is it?...
4. It might tempt people to propkill and avoid karma penalty. (since you have free pass why not them)
5. What if i use a shotgun on a barrel and send it flying at you, it damages you but doesn't fully kill you.. do you still get free karma kill on me? or not?
6. too lazy to think of other ways to break this to i leave it at this

what you said is not a solution to a problem. it just creates more confusion and chaos.

if you still can't understand it.... the next thing i can do is draw you a picture book if you ask nicely and if i can be bothered to do it.

LegendaryRyan

Legacy
While it is fun to partake in PropKilling, it certainly sucks to be RDMd on a Traitor round.

Perhaps we can find a way to integrate propkilling into the game mode, but only for those who consent.

I can see a few ways of implementing this:
1) Propkill Fun Round
2) Modifying maps to create a specific prop-kill room, with clear signage and stuff indicating such. (Dumb Take)

A propkill fun round could actually be really fun. Similar to the barrel wars fun round in SGM, this fun round could give players barrels automagically on their magneto sticks, and then despawn the barrels a few seconds after throwing (like the ol barrel gun mechanics in sgm). You'd still have to manually engage in prop killing, but it would automatically "reload" you after a few seconds of not having a prop. It could give barrels, melons, chairs, or a randomization table of all of them. This way, the prop killing can continue in a fun way, but peoples traitor rounds won't be ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.