Rejected No more propkilling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
VIP
Legacy
they put me on the cross for making this thread a few months ago... edited flush's post when he did the same.... some of you people will never get it....here we go again....

i prop killed towards the end of sgm on dust 2 along with a few others, usually after hours of playing and late into the night. it was fun then because after hours of playing normal ttt people we could switch it up and do some dumbass funny shit. propkilling then was born out of burnout from playing the actual game, but it was balanced because it came after a long session of actual gameplay, sort of like a treat. prop killing on servers is a sign of community burn out, and people not actually wanting to play the game they're playing anymore. again, fine when its at 2am or some shit.

it's 2 years later now, on ahg people will propkill on any map they can, at any time, regardless of role, regardless if they're dead, alive, staff or player. it isn't a treat anymore. the 'joke' or 'challenge' of prop killing gets old after you do it 5 times so that's already a bad sign it's continued. but it's something to expect from the server now, at all times, which is a pretty fucking bad thing considering it directly goes against the gameplay of the game you joined to play. when it's a popular and 'funny' thing to not play the game you joined to play, that isn't a cool 'personality trait' of the server, that's a fucking death sign. if players are playing the game in a burnt out way, a new player excited to actually play the game will realize that isn't what this server prioritizes and leave. what's especially fucked is in my experience staff propkill the most, which approves and encourages the behavior among the most obnoxious members of the server. i've been roundstart propkilled/spec propkilled by more staff in the last 5 months than anyone else. maybe it's because i staffed or made some jokes but holy shit is it fucking annoying. you're staff, show some restraint, otherwise you're advertising your ttt server as the server to go to when you don't actually want to play ttt, not a great growth plan

additionally, the older players who had fun actually playing the game, communicating, making long winded bits and jokes (that aren't just "i killed you XD"), trying to create new strategies and innovate the game are pushed out of the server because propkilling fundamentally goes against those. if you're a T with a new plan you want to try out, and someone propkills you, why would you even care to wait a few rounds and try it again? you planned something out for rounds just to get killed in 1 second so someone could maybe exhale out of their nose for a second. you can't have a funny reaction or cool escape from a propkiller because it's an instant kill. try to think of the funniest player you've played with in the last 2-3 years on ahg/sgm. do they play anymore? or did they mysteriously vanish when propkilling became rampant? most the guys i found funny and would join the server to play with don't play anymore, and the most common reason is propkilling. and i don't know if it's me, but the in game voice chats on this server just feel lifeless now compared to a year or two ago.

unfortunately this isn't a problem with the code/game, it's a problem with the community. the only way i see to fix the community-wide burnout would be to make staff stop the propkilling and discourage it, and maybe allow it late at night. make it a treat again. when all hours are after hours...none of them are.....

BARTHOLOMEW

‎‎‏‏‎ ‎
VIP
Legacy
there really isn't much to do while waiting for traitors to actually do something
Playing the game... finding bodies, trying to get a dna scanner, defending the detective, trying to get a T to reveal themselves, just joking around in VC, propflying/finding new spots, looking around for places to hide c4s on your next t round, there is ways to have fun as an innocent that don't revolve around ruining someone else's fun because you aren't having fun. I get this if the rounds taken 3 minutes with no deaths, but that's pretty rare now I feel, and you're still ending someone else's round because you personally are bored.

Im curious about going to other servers and see how they deal with props kiling
Been jumping around and seen admins warn for it once or twice. Other day I got propkilled on a server and 4 people had an instant very loud angry reaction at the guy who prop killed me like he did it in real life or some shit. Seemed like people also talked a lot more there and were more invested in the rounds. Could be other factors though...

interloper

VIP
they put me on the cross for making this thread a few months ago... edited flush's post when he did the same.... some of you people will never get it....here we go again....

i prop killed towards the end of sgm on dust 2 along with a few others, usually after hours of playing and late into the night. it was fun then because after hours of playing normal ttt people we could switch it up and do some dumbass funny shit. propkilling then was born out of burnout from playing the actual game, but it was balanced because it came after a long session of actual gameplay, sort of like a treat. prop killing on servers is a sign of community burn out, and people not actually wanting to play the game they're playing anymore. again, fine when its at 2am or some shit.

it's 2 years later now, on ahg people will propkill on any map they can, at any time, regardless of role, regardless if they're dead, alive, staff or player. it isn't a treat anymore. the 'joke' or 'challenge' of prop killing gets old after you do it 5 times so that's already a bad sign it's continued. but it's something to expect from the server now, at all times, which is a pretty fucking bad thing considering it directly goes against the gameplay of the game you joined to play. when it's a popular and 'funny' thing to not play the game you joined to play, that isn't a cool 'personality trait' of the server, that's a fucking death sign. if players are playing the game in a burnt out way, a new player excited to actually play the game will realize that isn't what this server prioritizes and leave. what's especially fucked is in my experience staff propkill the most, which approves and encourages the behavior among the most obnoxious members of the server. i've been roundstart propkilled/spec propkilled by more staff in the last 5 months than anyone else. maybe it's because i staffed or made some jokes but holy shit is it fucking annoying. you're staff, show some restraint, otherwise you're advertising your ttt server as the server to go to when you don't actually want to play ttt, not a great growth plan

additionally, the older players who had fun actually playing the game, communicating, making long winded bits and jokes (that aren't just "i killed you XD"), trying to create new strategies and innovate the game are pushed out of the server because propkilling fundamentally goes against those. if you're a T with a new plan you want to try out, and someone propkills you, why would you even care to wait a few rounds and try it again? you planned something out for rounds just to get killed in 1 second so someone could maybe exhale out of their nose for a second. you can't have a funny reaction or cool escape from a propkiller because it's an instant kill. try to think of the funniest player you've played with in the last 2-3 years on ahg/sgm. do they play anymore? or did they mysteriously vanish when propkilling became rampant? most the guys i found funny and would join the server to play with don't play anymore, and the most common reason is propkilling. and i don't know if it's me, but the in game voice chats on this server just feel lifeless now compared to a year or two ago.

unfortunately this isn't a problem with the code/game, it's a problem with the community. the only way i see to fix the community-wide burnout would be to make staff stop the propkilling and discourage it, and maybe allow it late at night. make it a treat again. when all hours are after hours...none of them are.....
1669338789138.png

interloper

VIP
Guess my reasons are a little too hard for you to understand... so lets make it more simple for you...
Let say.. your solution is implemented and anyone who held a prop within 5 seconds is a free kill (no karma loss).
1. I prop kill someone... you kill me.. and someone kills you for killing me... seems a little unfair that the person killing you loses karma and you didn't
2. If i see someone do a t act and i decided to prop kill them instead of shooting.. and you kill me for it... apart form possible slay there is no penalty in it for you...
3. Can be easily broken... i can hold the prop for 10 seconds... and than decided to attack you with it... do you still get a free karma kill? or do you lose karma now? which is it?...
4. It might tempt people to propkill and avoid karma penalty. (since you have free pass why not them)
5. What if i use a shotgun on a barrel and send it flying at you, it damages you but doesn't fully kill you.. do you still get free karma kill on me? or not?
6. too lazy to think of other ways to break this to i leave it at this

what you said is not a solution to a problem. it just creates more confusion and chaos.

if you still can't understand it.... the next thing i can do is draw you a picture book if you ask nicely and if i can be bothered to do it.
hey man please go kick a ball or something

Black

3rd Color of the Rainbow
VIP
Legacy
1. I prop kill someone... you kill me.. and someone kills you for killing me... seems a little unfair that the person killing you loses karma and you didn't
2. If i see someone do a t act and i decided to prop kill them instead of shooting.. and you kill me for it... apart form possible slay there is no penalty in it for you...
3. Can be easily broken... i can hold the prop for 10 seconds... and than decided to attack you with it... do you still get a free karma kill? or do you lose karma now? which is it?...
4. It might tempt people to propkill and avoid karma penalty. (since you have free pass why not them)
5. What if i use a shotgun on a barrel and send it flying at you, it damages you but doesn't fully kill you.. do you still get free karma kill on me? or not?

You're just cherry picking reasons. I could go into any suggestion thread and nitpick 5 reasons why it shouldn't be added, but I won't cause I know ill look like an annoying shit.

tz-

VIP
Legacy
the issue is you idiots try to propkill anything and everything that moves, propkill people who want to be propkilled and leave the other people alone
half of you get off to the idea that youre good at this dumbass gamemode on garry's mod, so just get good and stop killing people who dont want to be killed
its not that hard to look at someone and go "oh doesnt look like they wanna prop fight me, lets not violently shake my mouse and try to kill them ahaha xd"

you guys know that theres an unwritten rule/honor system not to report people bc all you guys do is dickride each other and try to seem "cool," so why do you keep abusing it?
youre just gonna make it so people start reporting for every little thing again. "yo you did 2 damage to me, hold this slay" type of shit

if anything just make it so that we can treat all barrels (or even deadly props) like explosive barrels, if you carry it towards other people you can be killed, ez.
a barrel/prop can be used as both a riot shield and a harpoon at the same time, and people wonder why its a problem lmfao

imagine just walking around with a harpoon that blocks all incoming damage for free and someone cant kill you for it because they "havent thrown the harpoon yet" like be fr

Everlong

VIP
As a new player myself, I can confirm that propkilling can be a little offputting. You just get immediately killed and nobody does anything about it. I can see why people enjoy it, but their enjoyment actively dampens the enjoyment of many others.

chewie

Vanilla Player
VIP
Legacy
honestly unreported prop damage should just be punished at this point because prop killing seems to have been a core issue for almost a year now

edit: if u play ttt for the sole purpose of propkilling u need to find a new gamemode

Tenta

VIP
Legacy
honestly unreported prop damage should just be punished at this point because prop killing seems to have been a core issue for almost a year now

edit: if u play ttt for the sole purpose of propkilling u need to find a new gamemode
kill people performing traitorous acts :)

jack$on

Paris
Prestigious
VIP
Legacy
a round bulging vessel of greater length than breadth that is usually made of staves bound with hoops and has flat ends of equal diameter

Status
Not open for further replies.